It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much explosive??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If the Towers were brought down with explosives... how much would have been needed? On how many floors?

I'm not trying to debunk anything here. In fact I am slowly coming to the realization that what the 911 truthers are saying may be true. To much money was made off of the fall. I'm just curious of how much "boom" would be needed.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It depends on the explosives used. The government or a branch of it has access to some seriously detrimental material. They didn't use fertilizer. (this time)

The real problem is all the steel and everything else at the crime scene was hauled away so fast, no one had time to do an investigation. The majority of the steel went straight to a melt furnace and even had GPS locater's placed on it to make sure it arrived on time. One driver who took an extended lunch break was fired.

This is just one of the reasons I believe there was a conspiracy and cover up. If a plane crashes they put the pieces in a hanger and try to rebuild it to discover what happened, Same with any other major catastrophie. They did not do that in this situation. Every shred of evidence was disposed of as quickly as possible.

We may never know just exactly what kind, or how much, explosives were used.

Just my opinion,

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Lets say that it was Thermite with a sulfur powder to lower the melting points, like that "911 Mysteries" movie puts forth. How much? How many floors?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think there is plenty of evidence of explosives and thermite, but there are a lot of things those two things cannot explain. The mini-nuke theory cannot be dismissed in light of the evidence available. The major anomalies of that day cannot be ignored. Its simply a matter of looking into the info for yourself...ie. What caused the total destruction around the base of the towers? the countless charred and melted cars and trucks in parking lots? they were left completely BLACK - MELTED! the Tritium traces found all over the site?????

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I cannot get the image out my mind of the building exploding 'upwards'. Radiation was detected in the viscinity of Manhattan days and weeks afterwards. The complete pulverisation of the structure and its swift removal continue to plague my mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-
Lets say that it was Thermite with a sulfur powder to lower the melting points, like that "911 Mysteries" movie puts forth. How much? How many floors?

Dude, nobody here is going to be able to answer your question. We are not demolition experts and even demolition experts have never done a job like this so they too would have a hard time answering your question.

That's like asking How long is a piece of string?

Nobody can really answer that question accurately. Sorry my answer isn't satisfying you. But many demolition experts believe that it could be done with explosives on every 2nd or 3rd floor to do the trick.

Cheers,
PepeLapiu

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Radiation was detected in the viscinity of Manhattan days and weeks afterwards.

I would like to know where you got that information. I have never heard that before. I believe you but I am curious where you learned that.

Cheers,
PepeLapiu

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I recall hearing/reading about his too but I cannot find a source now.

However, PepeLapew, there are a couple of reports that elevated levels of radiation were found around the Pentagon on and after 9/11.

The Canadian, for example, reports that...

Two days after 9/11, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) confirmed that the Pentagon crash site rubble was radioactive and that the probable contaminant was Depleted Uranium (DU).

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by coughymachine
reply to post by jpm1602

I recall hearing/reading about this too but I cannot find a source now.

However, PepeLapew, there are a couple of reports that elevated levels of radiation were found around the Pentagon on and after 9/11.

The Canadian, for example, reports that...

Two days after 9/11, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) confirmed that the Pentagon crash site rubble was radioactive and that the probable contaminant was Depleted Uranium (DU).

Depleted Uranium...
"What are you talking about Willis?" lol

Well this is the first I heard anything on this. This is bad-

I did a search-

forums.therandirhodesshow.com...
There is more here. Click on the link..
----

Sept. 12, 2006 -- According to sources who worked with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at Ground Zero on and after 911, residents of southern Manhattan and rescue and clean-up workers involved in the recovery operations at the site of the former World Trade Center are experiencing an unusually high rate of non-Hodgkin lymphoma...more

-----------

PDF file- Has 15 pages- Funny why the rest of it is missing..
www.reopen911.org...

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-

I don't know about how much. But as to how many floors: My opinion is that severing the core in a few places would do the trick.

Possibly with some explosives to aid the collapse at near freefall once the structure started to fail (covering up the noise of the explosives). Or a few thermobaric bombs in the core. Or a mini-nuke or 2.

I'm not advocating any type of explosive/incindiary. I just see the physics and come to the conclusion that it wasn't plane damage and fire alone.

Again, this is just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PepeLapew
I would like to know where you got that information. I have never heard that before. I believe you but I am curious where you learned that.

Here's a non-conspiratorial link. Although, they try and come up with explainations such as exit signs, wrist watches, and police gun scopes.

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
(University of California, University of California)
Year 2002 Paper LBNL-50782
Elevated tritium levels at the World Trade Center

Source: repositories.cdlib.org...

Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Possibly with some explosives to aid the collapse at near freefall once the structure started to fail (covering up the noise of the explosives). Or a few thermobaric bombs in the core. Or a mini-nuke or 2.

I'm not advocating any type of explosive/incindiary. I just see the physics and come to the conclusion that it wasn't plane damage and fire alone.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Yeah Griff, I am behind you 100% on the demolition. Heck, it's not even a theory anymore, it's a simple fact. But as for the micro-nukes, I would avoid mentioning those. You know that "nukelar" bombs (micro or otherwise) would leave radiation reading behind which would still be detected today with a simple Geiger counter in NYC? Those promulgating the micro-nukes never ever mention that ..... it would prove their story false so they just ignore these details. Fetzer is a prof, he would know about the use of a Geiger counter .... why doesn't he go down to NYC and prove his theory with a Geiger counter?

I think the micro-nukes idea is nothing more then disinfo. Fetzer started out nicely but eventually a ScholarsForTruth member got killed of a rather freaky death and soon after Fetzer started going off the deep end with micro-nukes and deep energy weapons from space and the likes. Did they get to him? Did he get scared that he's be the next one to go if he didn't plant their false stories into the movement?

Cheers,
PepeLapiu

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Here's a non-conspiratorial link. Although, they try and come up with explainations such as exit signs, wrist watches, and police gun scopes.

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
(University of California, University of California)
Year 2002 Paper LBNL-50782
Elevated tritium levels at the World Trade Center

Source: repositories.cdlib.org...

Hope that helps.

Not really, tritium is not a byproduct of a nuclear detonation. In fact tritium has nothing to do with nukes. It can be found in weapons and in certain aircraft applications and maybe in some detonators but it would not be present in a nuke, to be best of my knowledge.

And the article is clear that minute traces were found, hardly what we would expect from a whole block being detonated. The presence of tritium does not mean there were radiations present and there should have been radiations clearly detected with a Geiger counter. Those radiations would still be detectable today.

Cheers,
PepeLapiu

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Fetzer is a prof, he would know about the use of a Geiger counter .... why doesn't he go down to NYC and prove his theory with a Geiger counter?

Maybe this is why?

Tritium emits a weak form of radiation. The radiation emitted from tritium is a low-energy beta particle that is similar to an electron. Moreover, the tritium beta particle does not travel very far in air and cannot penetrate the skin.

Source: www.nrc.gov...

And this:

Deuterium-Tritium Fusion

The most promising of the hydrogen fusion reactions which make up the deuterium cycle is the fusion of deuterium and tritium. The reaction yields 17.6 MeV of energy but requires a temperature of approximately 40 million Kelvins to overcome the coulomb barrier and ignite it. The deuterium fuel is abundant, but tritium must be either bred from lithium or gotten in the operation of the deuterium cycle.

Source: hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

And this:

Deuterium is useful in nuclear fusion reactions, especially in combination with tritium, because of the large reaction rate (or nuclear cross section) and high energy yield of the D-T reaction.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

And lastly, this:

Nuclear fusion involves merging two types of hydrogen atom – deuterium and tritium – to make helium, as well as neutrons that release vast quantities of energy. Almost limitless amounts of deuterium fuel can be made cheaply from seawater, tritium being produced as a byproduct in the reactor itself. Nuclear fusion produces only rudimentary radioactive waste, similar to that from hospital X-ray machines, and none of the high-level waste from fission reactors.

Source: www.timesonline.co.uk...

I wouldn't dispell micro-nukes just because it sounds like science fiction.

Also, what good would a gieger counter do when we already know there were elevated levels of tritium?

Edit: This post pretty much answers your questions in the post above this also.

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Griff]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Not really, tritium is not a byproduct of a nuclear detonation. In fact tritium has nothing to do with nukes.

Just wanted to point this out.

Almost limitless amounts of deuterium fuel can be made cheaply from seawater, tritium being produced as a byproduct in the reactor itself.

But, I'm no nuclear physicist and really am just trying to figure out if it could work. To the best of my knowledge, it is theoretically possible.

Notice the theoretically.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Notice the theoretically.

Precisely!!! I read a few of your posts over the years and I had you pegged as a serious minded researcher, not a "conspiracy theorist" as there are already plenty of those around.

Just keep in mind that the presence of trace amounts of tritium would barely make the micro-nukes claim a valuable one and there still would need to be some considerable residual radiations still to this day..... just ask anyone in Hiroshima.

Cheers,
PepeLapiu

[edit on 7-11-2007 by PepeLapew]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Just keep in mind that the presence of trace amounts of tritium would barely make the micro-nukes claim a valuable one

It matters when they started to test for these trace amounts, does it not?

A water sample from the WTC sewer, collected on 9/13/01, contained
0.174 plus or minus 0.074 (2s) nCi/L of HTO. A split water sample, collected
on 9/21/01 from the basement of WTC Building 6,

repositories.cdlib.org...

2 to 10 days worth of constant water being poured on the site would, IMO, dilute the radioactive isotopes.

and there still would need to be some considerable residual radiations still to this day..... just ask anyone in Hiroshima.

I don't think you are understanding what exactly tritium is. It's hydrogen. It's half life is 12.32 years. 6 years later, even if there was some left, it would only be half of what was there to begin with.

tritium
Print Digg del.icio.us
Isotope of hydrogen, chemical symbol written as 3H or T, with atomic number 1 but atomic weight approximately 3. Its nucleus contains one proton and two neutrons. Tritium is radioactive ( radioactivity), with a half-life of 12.32 years. Its occurrence in natural water in an amount 1018 that of ordinary hydrogen is believed to be due to the action of cosmic rays. Some tritium is used in self-luminous materials (e.g., for watch dials) and as a radioactive tracer in chemical and biochemical studies. Nuclear fusion of deuterium and tritium at high temperatures releases enormous amounts of energy. Such reactions have been used in nuclear weapons and experimental power reactors.

www.encyclopedia.com...

Bolding by me.

Are you still going to refute that it is not at least possible?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah, ok, maybe possible. I guess I don't know everything after all ..... who would have thought?

Never the less, you would have to agree that micro-nukes don't sound very credible. With all the crap about DEW from space, holograms and the likes, I opt to get as simple as possible. Keeping it to a minimum. Small nukes with less radiations might be possible but not really something the sheeples can easily wrap their brains around. This is why propaganda works so well, they keep it to a level which everyone can relate to - pancake collapse, domino effect, zipper effect, defense system like a donut and so on.....

They know not to drop in complicated science so that even the dumbest of us all will understand it. I fear that micro-nukes talks will scare the sheeples away as the holograms have done so well.

Just my opinion, mileage will vary.

Cheers,
PepeLapiu

[edit on 7-11-2007 by PepeLapew]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The "reply to" button isn't working at the moment, but I agree with you. That's why I try and steer clear of talk of these theories myself and try and just focus on the physics. But, I'm glad we had this conversation because I learned alot about this while doing research.

join