It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New movie about global population reduction by 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just caught this commercial on TV the other day. Some crappy looking, over-budgeted movie starring Will Smith about martial law, man made viruses, and global population reduction by 2012. The foreshadowing is quite prevalent.

The premise of the movie is that some guy is immune and he is the last man on earth in 2012. Pure, shameless crap... what else do you expect from a bunch of hollywood sell-outs?

I AM LEGEND!!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
scarily enough, the 'mutants' in that film looked remarkably similar to the demons i saw in my apocalyptic dream about the armies of hell marching forth from a demonic fortress.

Might have to watch this one.

Anyway, onto the possible conspiracy - the film talks of how it's all man-made, does this mean the producer believes that the mayan calender has nothing to do with it?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Right in time for the winter solstice... I'll see it as a last movie. Love the GSD.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I love Will Smith movies!

Its just a movie, with a theme from some current thoughts that are brought into main stream thinking by people like you and me.

Just like movies about war or 911. What ever is main stream thinking that may return a buck.

I for one will be watching this movie with plenty of pop-corn and friends.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
wasnt there some old charleton heston film about this?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
its this movie all over again...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
WOW looks like a good movie,

What about all these apocalyptic movies? Think we all really want it to happen? Collective consciousness self fulfilling prophecy, When I was young I used to have nightmares of this sort.

Do we subconsciously wish it, or are we reliving it,

Maya

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
FWIW, the upcoming Will Smith movie, "I Am Legend" is based on the sci fi classic of the same name written by Richard Matheson (a science fiction icon), and published in 1954.

This is the third time the book has been adapted for the screen.

1964-"The Last Man On Earth" starring Vincent Price.

1971-"The Omega Man" starring Charleton Heston

2007-"I Am Legend" starring Will Smith.

That Hollywood recycles good ideas is a given. That they choose to do it three times to "I Am Legend is a testament to the staying power of the original novel. Read it, you'll like it.

new topics

top topics

join