It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Secrets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There are things we know we dont know. But then there are things so secret we dont even know that we dont know them.

"Never mind the man behind the curtain"

The following questionaire does not refer to your personal secrets but to secrets relating to ATS-Topics, secrets kept from the public.

1. What, if any, secret have you personally uncovered in your lifetime?

2. About what would you like to uncover more?

3. Where do you suspect big secrets?

4. How can these secrets be uncovered?

5. What could you personally do to help uncover such a secret?

6. What did you notice about a subject before many others that later turned out to be true?

7. Have you ever noticed something nobody else seems to have noticed yet?

8. What are the reasons for keeping something secret?

9. Where can we look next to uncover something big, exciting or frightening?

10. Who could we ask in order to find out more?

Wanting to find out more and more and more and more.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." ... Donald Rumsfeld.

What kind of a fool do you think would actually respond to this in a serious fashion. Anyone who knows anything will not come out and say, "OH, BTW I took the ____ out for a test today. You know better than expected results..."

My wife and kids didn't even know what I was doing, for several years, for the DOD. I took/take my oath, and the documents I signed, very seriously about this and I would expect others that did the same to also have these same feelings.

At least you asked... I have to give you credit for that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Your right...who the hell is going to honestly be interested in finding and sharing truth

Thanks for being the sole responder though.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." ... Donald Rumsfeld.

I suppose redundancy establishes power now days.

Of course we all want to know the truth, but the truth is we'll never know all of it. That's what keeps life interesting and our curiosities never ending.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
What kind of a fool do you think would actually respond to this in a serious fashion. Anyone who knows anything will not come out and say, "OH, BTW I took the ____ out for a test today. You know better than expected results..."

My reaction exactly - only it was more like "are you [snip] kidding me? This thread has "run away" written all over it"

Well, then the second thing that hit me was that it could be construed as solicitation if someone actually DID answer him - bad for both.

However, I'll answer it sort of tongue-in-cheek:

If by "uncover" you mean "find out when it's none of my business", maybe two. I really try not to find out other people's stuff through work channels. I used to consider putting stuff together from press releases and other non-classified sources as fair game, at least I did until 2004. Now I don't do that anymore.

Actually, as far as "work material" goes, I'd rather uncover less. Heck, there's stuff I worked on that I'd rather not know about. Innocence is a virtue.

In locked filing cabinets. Some are on SIPRnet. But the really good stuff is locked away in a SCIF or secure records facility somewhere.

By breaking into the facility, the SCIF, and the filing cabinets and safes. Only you'd be shot, so it's got that going for it.

Nothing. Actually, if someone showed up here with the wrong stuff I'd rat him out tout de suite, and I've actually done it to one of the members of ATS, but not for ATS postings, it was from another site he writes for professionally.

edit: I take that back, I've ratted out an ATS member a long time back. He posted that he had opened up some crates he was hauling (he was a truck driver) and was going through some stuff he was supposed to deliver to a certain military base, and was asking for help in identifying his haul.

6. What did you notice about a subject before many others that later turned out to be true?

That the project was a waste of taxpayer's money. That the management was trying to "make their mark" on a weapon system by tacking on useless crap. That they are not as interested in redundancy and safety as they should be.

Yes. We're trying to make one now.

Because you don't need to know it. Having something up your sleeve isn't very useful if the sleeve is transparent. And in some cases, I light-heartedly hope we don't share it with anyone, and that the development team dies a horrific death, and that a major earthquake destroys the facility and all the files and backups. I know that's not likely. But some things I wish didn't exist, ever.

A really good circus. I like Cirque du Soleil.

Given their abysmal track record, I'd go to the Los Alamos area and hit the bars. Lube up a sigma-15 guy and he'll probably give you the plans for the next generation of nukes. Sandia, not so much.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

[edit on 6-11-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sky, true Earth shattering secrets are power, and power is not readily shared. Power is stolen, but seldom a gift.

Ah Utopia, where the desire for power fades away, and all men are brothers. A nice dream, but as fleeting as the wind.

And your asking has shown that even here, where idealist abound, there is no sharing of that power. ATS is in some respects like a card game, where people will put out some information of a semi-obscure nature, in hopes of learning more. And others will read it and add their own ideas, building shadow sculptures part wish and part truth. Each hoping that by contributing, they will be the one to grasp the brass ring and win fame and fortune from it.

Always there is hope for a lottery win of uncovering something, anything, that can be turned into a tour of the late night shows and a book deal. If one of these odd Moon photos turned into something, or there appeared something that stood out as the smoking gun of 9/11, someone, maybe several someones, would try to leverage that information to their own personal betterment.

Such is human nature and the way of secrets.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys. Thanks for the honesty Tom Bedlam.

What Im wanting to figure out is if ATS-members come here for entertainment and chit-chat, or if there is really a DRIVE to uncover cover-up, to lift veils, to reveal the hidden.

I for one am very curious and will not hesitate to look here, there and everywhere. There are plenty of things I am not sure about which I want to KNOW. The Questionaire is meant to direct ones attention to possible issues of cover-up that we all want to learn more about.

While I enjoy the entertainment here, Id also like to learn something I DONT KNOW YET. Id like to learn something that I cant google. 90% of the "Breaking News" and "Top Secret Revelation" on various conspiracy-sites is easily found anywhere.

Tell me something I didnt know.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyfloatingId like to learn something that I cant google. 90% of the "Breaking News" and "Top Secret Revelation" on various conspiracy-sites is easily found anywhere.

Tell me something I didnt know.

Oddly enough, the two or three most heinous, scary, amazing things I know of (and I see speculated about on ATS without end) I've seen on the net in some form or other.

I mean, there's stuff you know shouldn't be out because it's an edge (that's what I frantically called an old SO about when I saw someone doing a two-part article on another site). But it's not a super-revelation sort of deal.

But the real death-before-discussion stuff I have seen people either put pictures of it on their site but didn't know what they had seen, discussed the root projects but didn't make the connection to what it ended up being, or the DoD held what you would have thought to be "think tank sessions" where the participants thought they were discussing futuristic trends, not knowing that the thing was already implemented and the DoD was fishing for operational concepts. Oh, and one time I saw someone actually crap out the real numbers of a particular project that I'm sure someone had a cardiac over, but everyone thought they were nuts and laughed at them.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

I have seen people either put pictures of it on their site but didn't know what they had seen,

discussed the root projects but didn't make the connection to what it ended up being,

or the DoD held what you would have thought to be "think tank sessions" where the participants thought they were discussing futuristic trends, not knowing that the thing was already implemented and the DoD was fishing for operational concepts.

Oh, and one time I saw someone actually crap out the real numbers of a particular project that I'm sure someone had a cardiac over, but everyone thought they were nuts and laughed at them.

Ive singled out statements of yours that I find revealing.

Being a DoD or Ex-DoD you might be able to tell me if these BIG Secrets are kept secret soley for reasons of national security/protection from enemies OR because the public might be outraged to know.

To other readers of this thread: Cmon, give it a try. Bring on some truth!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So, Tom Bedlam, what kind of person are you ? From reading your posts
on this thread, I get the impression that you're a watchdog. You seem to
be very well informed, with a bureaucratic background that appears to
make you straddle the fence. You know things, - of things, but you can't
utter a word. Yet you're here, browsing. Why? Are you not bound by some
fear or oath?
Are you looking to "bust" someone if they do indeed put up "pieces-to-the-
puzzle that appears to you to be an "edge"?
You said, "Well, then the second thing that hit me was that it could be
construed as solicitation if someone actually DID answer him- bad for
both."
So I ask you, why is it bad for both? If we were to learn something
truthful and useful from the pieces, why would you consider it bad?
Your tongue-in-cheek humor comes off as condescending. Are you
laughing at our incompetence? If I've got this wrong, let me know. But I
presently don't know how to take you. (maybe with a whole shaker of salt)
You've ratted out ATS'ers in the past. What's the criteria? Your job?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think you know the answer to one of your questions. Most of the members on ATS aren't really looking for the THE TRUTH.

They are looking to validate their perception of the truth (oh and the chit chat of course!). That is the reason for all of the flaming, people get uncomfortable and defensive when their "truth" is challenged.

As for THE TRUTH, as the saying goes... "If I told you, I'd have to kill you". Now, lighten up everyone - I am just joking! But really, people do not like to share truth because knowledge is power.

As for me, I know very little for sure but I suspect a lot. Obviously, or I would not be on ATS.

[edit on 5/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Kosmicjack : To whom are you speaking?

If it's to me, no,- I don't know that 90% of the members aren't really
looking for the truth. Who made that up?

Validate their perception of the truth? Come on, be real.

If the OP asked for information and was given it in the form of an eye-
opening post, (something learned), would that be perception of the truth
or first discovery?

If, like Mr. Bedlam suggests, "Innocence is a virtue", then how should we
describe "Ignorance" ? I hope not with the word Bliss.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Are you guys going to respond to the Questionaire or question each other?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

Your right...who the hell is going to honestly be interested in finding and sharing truth

I was attempting to answer the above question. But I was replying to the OP at large. I should have been more specific.

Your reply has caused me to amend my post to "most" instead of "90%" - a number I admittedly pulled out of thin air to make a point. However, my assertion still stands.

I think it is supported by the fact that most members post their opinions at large in a thread (as I just did) and don't often "reply" to specific posts (or points), much less concede a point, discuss it in a civil manner (even when they disagree) or express gratitude for a point well- made.

But these observations are not the point of this OP.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
To validate their perception of the truth...

To gain confirmation of their beliefs...

To find matches to what they already think anyway...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nothing of consequence to anyone but myself.

History of Earth
Mysteries of our Universe
Machinations of Governments
Cures for Diseases

See above

Time, Study and Tattle-Tales

Keep asking questions and being skeptical of the answers

The insidious and diabolical nature of marketing

Probably, but who really knows?

What does the uncovering serve? Myself or the greater good?

Possibly within ourselves, maybe within each other, likely all around us or in the universe

Everyone, Everywhere

Esoteric answers to esoteric questions. Like I said, I know very little.

[edit on 5/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to do this. In contrast to your "90% of the people here", I actually value responses.

Unfortunately I dont seem to have figured out what I hope to do with the data gained.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Being a DoD or Ex-DoD you might be able to tell me if these BIG Secrets are kept secret soley for reasons of national security/protection from enemies OR because the public might be outraged to know.

Secrets are usually either tactical in nature, such as a mission, and this is something you want no one to know about before hand; or knowledge based such as how something is made or something works.

There are 3 basic levels of secrecy, others will list all kinds of crap, but it is nothing more than compartmentalized top secret when you hear the exotic crap people spout.

As for the public outrage, tell it to congress, they appropriate the money. Not the prez, he just signs off.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OP if I may,

ATS is in the conspiracy business.

I for one would like to know of one single conspiracy theory that has proven to be true.

See, in my opinion, here in lies the rub. We landed on the moon. No we didn't.

CIA and or Russians killed JFK. No they didn't

9/11 was an inside job, holograph, beam weapon, no planes at all. No it was terrorists.

You see where I'm going here? Heck if all these conspiracies had been solved would there be a need for sites like this?

Becker

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join