It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want Art Back - Anyone Else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm glad to be here. I hope this post will be acceptable and someone out there will agree with me. My screen name says it all. I want Art Bell back on C2C. I'm not slamming George Noory, he's a decent man but frankly a very bad host.
I don't believe in every conspiracy out there but if you present a good argument my mind is open and I will consider your point of view. I'm willing to believe my own conclusion could be wrong. That's what Art did for me.

I believe something happened at Roswell and it wasn't a balloon. I believe in UFOs but don't believe they're all from another planet. That said I do believe Betty and Barney Hill had a very real experience.
I believe something is up with chemtrails but have no idea what.
My first political memory is Water Gate so my trust in government is slim. I think there is surely a shadow government out there and they trust us about as much as we trust them.
Nuff said. looking forward to getting into the site.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think I'm probably one of the few people who prefers George Noory over Art Bell. Art Bell seems to be more grumpy and less patient than George Noory. George seems to be a lot more patient and polite with both his guests on the show and callers as well.

If I wanted to hear grumpiness and arguing, I would watch more cable news shows.

I certainly prefer George over Art when I listen to C2C.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Welcome.
I have been a listner to C2C since Art was only on KDWN, and I had to catch that drifting signal in the wee hours. But I think Art made the right decision, especially after the last show before his announcement where several callers asked "is this George?" Time to retire (again) and enjoy the fruits of his labors, pop in every so often and do some compelling radio. George is a nice guy, but his mush mouthed and completely off topic commentary, as well as his inability to do fills, drawing his words out to fill time, drive me nuts. His list of anecdotes and experiences has worn exceedingly thin, and IMHO he would make a much better producer than host.
Ian Punnett and Rollye James would have been a better choice, even George Knapp.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And I thought I was the only one.

I'll disregard Art personal life and want him back. There is an old saying that "no one is irreplaceable". I beg to differ, Art does what he does better than anyone else.

I don't like C2C now as too much time is spent on stuff I don't care about. At least Art had a pleasant blend of guest, George seems stuck in a rut. Art's questions seemed to be more hardball while George seems to be in T ball league.

If the ratings start to suffer, then a change may be made. Otherwise, we just have to suffer along with him.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I lost all respect for Art after he remarried to a mail-order-bride just a mere few months after his wife of 15 years died. Takes either a certain kind of scum bag or a certain type of person with a drastically affected psyche to do such a thing. Not sure what category Art falls under, but regardless, I've lost his respect. I had already begun to lose his respect after his venom filled anti-9/11 truth tirade in 2004, but this put the final nail in coffin for me.

George Noory tends to keep his own personal beliefs and opinions out of the show, and generally interviews his guests from a neutral standpoint. My only problem with him is that he's boring as all hell. Art had a crotchety old man attitude, which I found entertaining. Noory just lacks personality and entertainment value.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I like Art, George, and Ian. George does a very good job at not talking down to people. He’s very polite to most callers despite how outlandish their theories can be, or how stupid they might sound. It’s an all encompassing show and that’s great! While one caller might sound like he has the I.Q of a hamster, his ghost story is just as real and important to him as another caller who expresses his ideas more clearly.
That’s not to say I would be as forgiving to an ill-prepared guest. Also I think Ian is very crisp, intelligent and a good questioner. My only complaint is there’s too many commercials.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about Art and George. On the one hand, i like Art. He truly represents the Coast to Coast show for me. His voice, style, and even grumpiness, along with his choice of bumper music is something i love. His voice is made for night listeners. I love many things about him.

I dont like the fact that he ran off with that child bride weeks after his wife died. Whats up with that?
IMO, she seduced him because he's well off, financially. She's a gold digger and i hope he doesnt get hurt too badly.

Another thing that irritates me about Art is the 9/11 Twin towers coverup which Art does not beleive in. He lies thru his teeth. I remember him saying he's very careful what he says. So what does he do? He repeatedly lies about his true feelings about the whole thing. SORRY ART, I GOT YOUR NUMBER. I know you dont beleive in Bush's lies anymore than the man in the moon does. Quit lying in order to please the powers that be.

George, he's a nice guy, but he's not articulate as Art, or a seasoned interviewer like Art, nor does he have the "voice" that Art has...and his bumper music
What is it about people named George that makes them stutter and trip all over their own words?

If i had to chose, i'd pick Art Bell forever for that show. I've listened almost every nite for 12 years now, and i can forgive ART. Child bride, grumpiness and all!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm partial to George Knapp. He's not afraid to get the stories and has real personal experiences. His radio skills need some fine tuning, because he's used to television. However, I don't think it would take him long. Once a month isn't enough. I don't think there's any UFO story out there that George Knapp doesn't know about. He's also an expert on Area 51.

area51.eyewitnessnews8.com...

[edit on 11/4/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I like George much better. I don't care one bit for Art
I'm suspicious of Art Bell. I never listed to C2C on the weekends when Art was on.

top topics

join