It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you sense the energy of those you speak too online?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well do you?

Can you sense the power or chi of those you talk to online, either in this forum or yahoo messenger, myspace, or what ever medium of communication you use to speak to people online???

Can you really feel it, or is it a figment of ones imagination?

LDF

[edit on 4-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Not that I can recall.

I suppose sometimes I've imagined those I'm chatting to talking in their heads as they write, things of that sort. But then it could just be in my head.

But, I believe it would deffinately possible, that we are all connected to a collective thought form of some sort. Which is for things like, common sense, the phrase of the week, etc. I've observed things catch on too fast.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Perhaps if you would explain yourself more
fully, Mr. Dragonfire. Are you suggesting that
you sense what they are thinking or feeling?
Or are you just proposing that you sense an
energy? I need to ascertain before proceeding
with further comments.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I believe in it.

From chat rooms, to forums, to articles...

Every human being continuously projects... we cant help it, its in our nature. Every human being also continuously recieves... we cant help it, its in our nature.

From auras, to speech, to body language, to styles of speaking, dialects, accents, use of certain words, non use of certain words, eye contact, lack of eye contact (I could go on and on here... ) - all of these things project something to someone...

Ever shake someones hand and all at once - in that very moment - you get a 'download' of information about them? Happens to me all the time. But this has to do with my ability to recieve, not necesarilly their ability to project, but that IS a factor too.

The Laws of Projection and Reception are at play here. Its real. Its a fundamental aspect of being human. Some people exorcise this ability within themselves and heighten it, others dont and it becomes dull.

Good post. Good question. I hope you get alot of insightful responses.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truespiritstar

Perhaps if you would explain yourself more
fully, Mr. Dragonfire. Are you suggesting that
you sense what they are thinking or feeling?
Or are you just proposing that you sense an
energy? I need to ascertain before proceeding
with further comments.

I do sense energy, but I'm not a mind reader. Call it a psychic ability for lack of a better term. All living things give off a energy signature, can you feel this energy from others you speak with online, and in everyday life for that matter.

Others may call this energy a aura, but instead of seeing this, can you sense it?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I very heartily believe in this phenomena also.
I just wanted the OP's more clearly stated
reasons for asking.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Personally I cant say I do through a medium such as the net but in person I can to some degree sense some feelings but I maybe wrong. Im very new to the powers/abilities of the spirit (or higher consciousness if you will) and am trying my hardest to develop my faculties in order to sense; commune with the spirit plane (medium-ship); Astral travel; etc.

Really fascinating stuff and I strongly believe in it through things I have felt (in my heart I know it is possible) and based on second hand experience with in my family and by others I have spoken with. I know that the human mind is a powerful tool and we in actual fact use so little of it as normal human beings. And unfortunately due to modern (western) society arent encouraged to develop these vital faculties which is a real real shame imho =[

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Same here, I can get a very good accurate idea of who and what a person is within seconds of meeting them. Too bad I don't always follow my first instincts about people I have met in the past, but I'm learning.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Very good answer
Mr. Dragonfire.
Thank you

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have been to a tremendous number of online places where human interaction takes place.

One of my favs was music chat rooms. We would sit around listening to others play music (or play our own music when it was our turn) and chat on the board while doing so. I may be this or that in life and seen by this or that AS this or that (? lol) but not many people know (in my daily life) that I play 8 different instr. - taught myself some of them (guitar and piano for example) - can read and write music fluently and have an EXTREME appreciation for music in all forms throughout the world. From heavy metal to classic rock, ol black man blues to Kiribati islander seafaring chants... I love and highly appreciate them all.

Anyways. I would find like-minded people conversing with me. Interacting with me. And I conversing with them. Interacting with them. Laughing, joking, sharing insights, our trials and tribulations, our triumphs and dreams. Through time... Eventually I built friendships here and there, some of whome are people that I have met in RL and I consider to be friends to this day in fact.

My point is this: How can one build a friendship with another human being through this kind of medium if one CANNOT get a sense of who is on the other side?

And let that be a lesson to some of you. Some of us can feel the true you. No matter what you may think you are projecting.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well...

could you please spell "since" as "sense", then I can make SENSE of this thread.

I think ATS is an excellent exercise in "sensing energy", "feeling others", "getting others" and so on.

I think we have all encountered posters where we SHUDDER
independent of their specific words.

Likewise we have encountered posters where its agreement-at-first-sight, independent of their words

Add to the extrasensory intuition being able to decipher communication, logic and general people-reading skills and you can pretty easily make out what someone is like, if someone is honest, lying or a mix of both.

Great thread topic!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am not typically into paranormal issues but here is what I know for sure, I can sense:

- If a person is opened or closed to me/what I am saying or doing

- If a person is combative or congenial (sometimes without them even saying a word)

- If a person is friendly or malicious (again , sometimes without them even saying a word, though it can be harder to interpret)

- If a situation is dangerous, volatile or prone to erupt in conflict (I can usually sense this very quickly)

- If a person is genuine and sincere or fake and contriving

- A person's ethical nature

- A person or animal's temperament

- If a person is telling the truth or not (but this can be very hard depending on the malicious intent and importance of the lie)

However, I really think this is inherent to most people. It's human nature. Obviously, on-line is much more difficult but, to a lesser degree, yes -I can pick up on some of this information.

[edit on 4/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It depends. The connection has to be relatively strong. I can normally pick up the vibrations from individuals who are in the same frame of mind as I am, which is difficult for me to find...sometimes it hits me like a brick, sometimes I can feel their emotions. Sometimes I am totally wrong, and don't have it right at all. Normally, if I talk to someone, I can feel at least a little bit of energy. I've been on the internet way too long

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

However, I really think this is inherent to most people. It's human nature.

Its so inherent to humans that it isnt even PARA-normal anymore. Indeed.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I sense a disturbance in the force..something i've not felt since!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Since we sense DIFFERENCES from poster to poster, and not just based on the avatar or the words, this type of sensing is happening all the time. It sometimes depends on ones own awakeness if something is picked up or not.

In fact, anyonymous internet-communication is forcing us to develop these abilities.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I have been and will be sens-u-al for some time im sure now hehe. Mad(e) sense to me at least =/

[edit on 4-11-2007 by rapturas]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ok ok ok I fixed it, it only, took two attempts, I've been up for over 24 hours studying alchemy and numerology, and my brain is mush.

Thanks for the posts!!!

The next question is; if you have done this, sensed how a person is, then met them in real life, were you ever wrong??

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes....especially when they're angry at me they start typing in CAPS and leave rude comments on my profile page.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The next question is; if you have done this, sensed how a person is, then met them in real life, were you ever wrong??

If I ever intend to meet someone I put a little more effort into "sensing" who the person is. By trusting ones innermost "sense" you cant go wrong.

The instances I have been wrong is when I ignored what I sensed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join