It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE's caused by electrodes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.nature.com...

"Activity in one region of the brain could explain out-of-body experiences. Researchers in Switzerland have triggered the phenomenon using electrodes"

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
that doesn't surprise me, there is a large portion of our brain that we still haven't figured out.

And it also goes with the description of astral travel being mind awake, body sleeping.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
From the article:

"Some believe that the events have religious or spiritual causes, or that a person really leaves their physical body behind. They may, for example, interpret them as evidence that the physical and spiritual body can separate again after death.

The new experiments cannot disprove such ideas, says Marshall: "It doesn't show that people with paranormal beliefs are wrong" - it simply demonstrates one way that the experience can be stimulated."

Why don't the scientists hide a simple object or drawn symbol in the room where it can't be physically seen by the experiment subject and during the electrical stimulation that causes OBEs direct them to look at the object and after awakening, describe it. This experiment could prove or disprove the validity of paranormal claims, it seems to me. Maybe the results would be too shocking or controversial to admit, regardless of the result.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hmmm.... this is similar what to Dr. Persinger did in Canada in 1999. It's in Wired Magazine and stuff. Very interesting- except he did it without electrodes, only electromagnetics.

DE

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Funny, wasn' t this just posted before recently? Sorry but it doesn't explain it. People with OBE's actually remember what happened to them and come back to tell very interesting and complex stories. If someone wired my brain up with electricity I would see the light all right, and that is all..

new topics

top topics

join