It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year-old faces terrorism charges because of Halo drawing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

14 year-old faces terrorism charges because of Halo drawing.

gamerush.zoomshare.com

In Pittston, Pennsylvania, a 14-year-old boy was suspended from school and authorities are considering terrorism threat charges for notebook sketches of Halo.

The student attended Wyoming Valley West Middle School where officials found the boy’s composition notebook in his locker with “crudely drawn” sketches of an assault rifle, a bomb, and a map. He was immediately suspended and the school called the police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Seems like the youth of America are the new terrorists.

gamerush.zoomshare.com

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
makes me sick when hysterical america takes a kid and charges him as being a terrorist. alot of kids are like that they meen no harm its just pretend.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow, I totally blame the media for this one. We are so obsessed with other people privacy these days. If my notebook was taken away when I was 14...man!!! You would find all sorts of ninjas and anime characters...Maybe I wanted to pull a Kahamama in the middle of the hallway and take everybody out..

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Wonder what the f.t.f.o means?..........@%£$ The Five'O?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

The school, however, has a different story, claiming that the teen threatened a classmate, saying “I’m thinking of murdering you.”

School officials also claim the boy said he “sits on his roof and shoots pigeons with an assault rifle” and had a movie “dealing with snuffing people out.”

Ok. Im a believer that the Zero Tolerance policy can go too far. But in this day and age with kids killing or attempting to kill other kids while at school....when I read the above....I dont blame the school or law enforcement for "freaking out" like they did.

What if they did nothing, and the kid turned around and did a Columbine on the school. What then? The schools and the parents would be blamed because they didnt HEAD THE WARNINGS that were clearly evident.

Sometimes....note: I said sometimes....if it walks, talks and looks like a duck.....

I remember when I was in school - there was NEVER EVER a fear of kids coming to school with weapons and blowing others away. It was never a thought. It just didnt happen. But it happens all year long now days. THAT is quite freighting for this mother.

It is a very very very tough situation for schools and law enforcement. Because if the signs might be there....do they act on them....do they ignore it? What happens if they dont act and something happens? What happens if they act and nothing happens.

Damned if you do.....damned if you dont.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Agreed, but why does the gov. impose terrorists threat charges on the kid?
And from what I see, the kid was just talking about the halo assualt rifle and the halo movie playback, where you can record your kills.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
well it looks like they might have gotten one right for a change

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

Seems like the youth of America are the new terrorists.

gamerush.zoomshare.com

What?

That's the most ignorant thing I've read here today. Pathetic, really.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Why is that? I was being sarcastic, and the kid IS facing terrorist threat charges.
What's your problem?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think the laws are getting so way out of hand! I was in jail for some lame reason that I won't say because it will distract from the point. Anyway, This was in 2003 and I noticed that so many people were being charged for Terrorist Threat. I mean, these were typical people like me that had never been arrested and they are now facing federal charges of Terrorist Threat.

It turns out that our freadom of speach means nothing because of certain Terrorist Act laws past after 9/11. If you threaten to kill someone (even in a jokingly manner) and the "victim" feels threatened by it, it is a federal offense.

I'm not sure if they still arrest people under those charges these days, but it was clearly abuse of an ACT by the District Attorney!

By the way, from what I know most of these people were let go after spending the money to hire a lawyer and convince the D.A. that that charge won't fly in court.

But, what about the people that can't afford a lawyer. They can't depend on the "Public Pretender"! He works for the same people as the District Attorney!

top topics

join