It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god created us, WHO created god?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I for one am an atheist. However, I have an interesting question. If god created us, who created god? WHO Created God? Nothing can't just some how appear out of something. God couldn't have just somehow appeared in the galaxy all by himself. I mean wtf? Come on. Can someone answer this?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It started with God. I am sorry to only answer you in the way that we believe. It is a matter of faith. Faith is not the logic you are seeking. I will only be able to answer in way of FAITH.

Refering to our Bible, Jesus is quoted in several places to have said, "I am the alpha and omega."

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

This is what we believe.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hes right, we can only answer in the terms of faith.

However, if God created God and so on, then where does it end? It just keeps going on forever, so one would have to start it.

Now, its a mystery we will not know until death.

peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If god exists, there was something that existed before the current god. An evolution of god…….Maybe a simpler form of god….over time changing to the present god. What started god? energy, what created energy? mass, what created mass? dimensions, eg, we are in the 3rd dimension, before that the 2nd, before that, 1st. What created dimensions? time, what created time? a point.

eg….draw a dot on paper, then another dot, link the two dots, the beginning of that point is the beginning of time. the second dot is the end of time, or…the end point of time. The middle is the present. beginning, middle future, time line, etc. draw a third dot, link dots, a triangle, each dot is a point in time, the first dot is the beginning/past, second dot is the present, third dot is the future. all points are linked. We are 'presently' in the future, present, and past.

i hope this makes sense

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

If we take God to be Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient etc., entity, then that would mean that God would be outside the bounds of time and space. Due to this, nothing can be said to have created a God, because if it had, there would have been a point which would be 'before God', and that is impossible.

Also if another god had created god, than that God would be God. but then another God may have created that god, so then that God would be God. All very silly and senseless. None of this is a problem, however, if you take God to be Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sure I can answer it.

WE created god. He's from our imagination. If there was a real god, wouldn't people have been worshiping him from the beginning of time in one aspect, and not thousands throughout the years?

We weren't created in god's image -- he was created in ours. Hence the anger, jealousy, genocide, and all the other nastiness of the old testament.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
yeah, i'm going to agree with major on this......

people back thousands of years ago, couldn't understand how things worked in the world, like rain, the sun, darkness, daylight etc, so they thought up god to solve the problem, god created the rain, the sun, and everything else.....

[edit on 4-11-2007 by andre18]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
the human mind isn't equip at all to understand infinity, its driven mathematicians to insanity/suicide. both the atheist and theistics run into a problem here, they both share the problem.. who/what trigger the start of the universe? what triggered that? how can it just have been there forever? what is forever if god/outside our universe isn't constrained to what we call time? and so on...

i think we should just leave these questions until we create our successors to solve them.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I will say to you something
you in your house
Your house is in your city
Your city is in your country
Your country is in a continent
Your continent is in planet earth (your planet)
Your planet is in our solar system
Our solar system is in a galaxy
The galaxy in a bigger galaxy system
Dont say to there is nothing around all that
God is around all that and all that comed from him and from his will

All things can't be but 2 things
A Creator and a creatures been created by him
If he is not a Creator he will be a created thing
And if he is a created thing he can't be a creator

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle33
I will say to you something
you in your house
Your house is in your city
Your city is in your country
Your country is in a continent
Your continent is in planet earth (your planet)
Your planet is in our solar system
Our solar system is in a galaxy
The galaxy in a bigger galaxy system
Dont say to me there is nothing around all that
God is around all that and all that comed from him and from his will

All things can't be but just 2 things
A Creator and a creatures been created by him
If he is not a Creator he will be a created thing
And if he is a created thing he can't be a creator
And if God was created he can't be God because there is a time he was not here
Who was preserving the universe
God is the first and the last

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I used to blow a believers mind with this very same question in the 7th or 8th grade. After a few years of intense argument, it comes to pass that everybody should just let people believe what they want to believe. As much as I am a opponent of organized religion, sometimes that's exactly what some people need to move on with their life in a positive manner. We spend so much time trying to tear apart their belief system instead of just accept them the way we would like them to accept us. I personally believe majormalfunction summed it up very well, as far as him/her/it, being a manifestation of the hopeful arrogance of mankind, that doesn't mean I condone the blasted away at a person's set belief because I find myself in disagreement. There's needs to be a universal bridge of understanding, instead of needless knit picking.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
We weren't created in god's image -- he was created in ours. Hence the anger, jealousy, genocide, and all the other nastiness of the old testament.

Maybe people should start defining a loving God then we wouldn't have this problem.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Speaking in human terms, in physics, the law of conservation of energy states that energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.

What created energy? What can destroy energy?

If anyone can answer this, quick! call the press.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Sure I can answer it.

WE created god. He's from our imagination. If there was a real god, wouldn't people have been worshiping him from the beginning of time in one aspect, and not thousands throughout the years?

woot woot.
major comes through with the win...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

However, if God created God and so on, then where does it end? It just keeps going on forever, so one would have to start it.

does there need to be a start?

eternity is such a fascinating and elegant concept,why do we resist the notion?

let's examine what is more likely

eternity

or,something appearing from nothing,then deciding to make more things for some reason.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

God was not created - God has always been, currently is, and always will be.
Thus the definition of God being "Eternal". (^_-)

Try to think of God as the present moment is thought of by today's science. It is impossible to capture (cuz it then turns into the past) and impossible to predict (cuz it then turns into the future). The present moment always is, always was, and always will be... whether you personally are around to experience it or not is another question entirely.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

andre18:

A well thought out argument...
But there is one hole in particular that needs to be addressed:

The paper you are drawing on is finite.

Even if the universe has a beginning and an end, it is easy to say that the universe is just a part of something much larger. Imagine an ant looking up from it's anthill at the world - the world IS its universe! Surely nothing can be beyond the world... and yet...

Perception needs a frame of reference in order to exist. As long as the frame of reference is finite, it will never be able to perceive that which is beyond its finite senses.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAce
God was not created - God has always been, currently is, and always will be.
Thus the definition of God being "Eternal". (^_-)

the universe was not created, the universe has always been, currently is, and will always be in some form or another
thus the definition of the universe being "eternal"

see, mine works out much better than yours, as it is actually supported by a law of physics (matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, thus they are eternal)

the problem is that you're seeing the universe as "something happened before the big bang"
however, the question "what happened before the big bang?" doesn't have any meaning, as "before" doesn't have any context prior to the big bang.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just remember the laws of physics are in it's infant stage of theoretical evolution, comrade. Who knows the kind of possibilities that exist in the universe that our understanding of physics might not be able to explain. Neither side can say for a fact what is and what isn't, and that I'm absolutely sure of.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
WHO Created God? Nothing can't just some how appear out of something. God couldn't have just somehow appeared in the galaxy all by himself. I mean wtf? Come on. Can someone answer this?

Somehow I think of video editing. Think of a time line. The video exists on the time line. The length of the video is declared but the time line is forever in either direction.

If the one who declared the video is in the time line and is the time line. He is in both the beginning and the end, because there is no beginning nor end, except to the frames placed on the line. All the video sees is it's beginning up to it's current seek position (guess it's the right term).

The time line reveals itself to the characters in the video through faith. Without faith all the characters see is the video's beginning and end. Also without faith the characters attempt to explain and understand the time line based on the video.

They attempt to work their way backwards sorting through all the frames and information in the video to get to the time line. The faithless that is.

Those who have been given faith, have the time line and therefore see the video.

Hope that isn't too much foolishness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join