It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Awakening (Member Participation Requested)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think a person could pick any topic they personally feel is important, and then the thread inspires the idea of communicating with friends on important issues. Of coarse we all have to be open to the possibility we are wrong and listen to them also.

I will continue on my favorite topic, Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars. I usually tell them it is a red pill if they read it, to try and alert them to the natural defences they have that will try and get them to just go back to sleep when they start to wake up.

The idea of actually thinking of one person and committing to talk to them I think is very powerful, I like the idea of this thread.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I don't mean to be a prude or disrespectful but if you want to get the respect you deserve you need to spell correctly.

Spelling may seem unimportant to you but I assure you it can make or break you in being a respected writter.

You have got to be joking?

"Commend" is spelt with 2 m's, not "comend"
"Writer" is not spelt with 2 T's, also...

Surely you realised this and are just being sarcastic...

Anyway, this idea seems to be a good one. Anything that is for the truth is excellent!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think you are trying to do a good thing but I see it as a long process.

There are millions of people that are experiencers and I believe what is needed at this time is not to open ones mind to this but to gather these millions to this site in a area that the Three Amigo's might consider giving us (I have hinted enough times)

We need to spread the word to other sites where people like us gather and we must try to put everything together and share.

With this, the ones that are skeptic can observe without intrusion hopefully and then they-- in there way can conclude what they feel within themselves.

If we are not offered a specific area that we can go here we must ourselves decide which area is the correct area to put ourselves and stay in that one area and not all over the forum threads.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by observe50]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Tell ya what...

I got on this type of band wagon, once before, it was called Fair Skeptics (Can't find much in the way of references to it either). The object was to be sort of like a clearing house for some of the ufo "mythology"...

It ended, sadly enough, with people who couldn't put aside their egos, or didn't have enough time to deal with it. Except that one of those people, who couldn't run it, due to time constraints, as I recall, now has his own expert column. And one of them, who didn't have enough time to pull it together and run the thing did contact me to see if I would be interested in running as her/his Vice Presidential candidate. I guess Einstein was correct... Time is relative. Relative to what you want, specifically.

I don't really think I am bitter about the tendency of people to only want to take care of themselves so much as I am angered to see the truth or attempts to find the truth be so meaningless, or only given lip service in the light of day.

I am not, as I have stated before, the brightest bulb on yon Christmas Tree, most particularly in light of the stroke I had some months ago. Having said that, go ahead and count me in if there is anything you think I can do to help.

I always was a windmill tilter in the great traditions of Don Quixote, and Lou Costello.

Edited because I couldn't spell "Fair" correctly, unless driving a Taxi-cab.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well housegroove23 I wish you luck in your project. Hopefully you will have success. I have tried to talk to some of my family about 9/11 and it always ends up the same way. I am told I am wrong, it makes no sense, the government wouldn't do that, and I must be joking because they can't believe I would agree with "those" types of people.

Anyways hopefully you will have better luck. Even if all you accomplish is opening one persons mind I think it was worth it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
TextText Red

Housegroove
A fine idea. not sure how successful the "tidal way" will become. For myself, i am eagerly awaiting the "WTC Demolition" dvd advertised on ATS to validate my own suspicions and to share with a couple others to get them interested in this conspiracy. Watching the video first is the way to go with some slight peer pressure thrown in.
Thanks for the heads up on Project Camelot I m about a third of the way through the interviews and have found the sources to be quite lucid and credible.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I never said I spelled perfectly. I can tolerate a few misspelled words. But the use of them selfs for themselves or plane for plain just jumps out at me.

I was fortunate enough to have my secretary take care of my spelling errors in communications and had` a proof reader deal with errors in my publications.

No I was not being sarcastic as it is not my nature to be so. I was trying to help the op be more credible as he seems so intent on making a difference in our world.

Isn't it strange how people from other countries spell some words differently like I spell it realized and you spell it realised.

Thank you for your kindness in pointing out my faults. I will add a spell check program immediately.

Kind Regards,
Dizzie

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Ahhh, excellent! I TRULY misunderstood your intentions.
I understand totally what you mean. While it's the message itself that's important to me and not the spelling or grammar, I do understand that most people do NOT feel this way, and it DOES affect the credability of the writer.
Thankyou for trying to make this message stand out more.

As far as the "awakening", I STRONGLY advise people to listen to absolutely everything that is presented, and judge the information by YOURSELF. This is the ONLY way to find The Truth in today's society.

It seems Housegroove's idea is a very good one.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yes, Housegrooves idea is excellent. I thank you for helping me get my pount across about credibility. I knew I had worded my reply improperly the second I pressed the post reply button.

I am praying housegrooves message and plan is a success.

I am also anxious to watch Larry King tonight. It seems too good to be true that the Truth will come out of the interviews he conducts. I am almost beside myself with excietment to think the world may finally know what you, I and so many others know to be the Truth.

Peace,
Dizzie

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hey, fellow ATS members and truth seekers, my intention was not to abandon this thread or project, so here I am.

I had to stand back and take some time to think for a little bit about how to proceed after hearing some of your responses and input. Thank You for your encouragement, it is much appreciated.

After taking some time to think, some of you are right about not focusing on just 9/11 truth. There are too many camps and groups out there that once they have an interest and want to find out more they will just get confused.

Instead I think that it would be best just to jump in all the way and go with the BIG picture route - Yes the whole Enchilada.
It would be best to just give them a good summery, or a little peak if you will of the big picture. Sure it sounds like it may be more of a tough pill to swallow but we will be presenting them with more of a selection of topics, where they can pick and choose where they want to start and a bigger Shock And Awe affect that will be more likely catch their attention than with just a single topic.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A very honorable intention on your part hg23.
However, you can give people the truth all day long, but you can’t give them a love for the truth. If people love the truth, they will seek it out and come to know it, if they don’t, you can bombard them with it all day long to no avail. This is not to say that we should abandon trying to spread the truth, as you never know if the seed you plant will germinate some day, and unless seed is sown, there will be no harvest.

IMO, the Federal Reserve is a good starting point for enlightening people. People can easily understand that the printing of money beyond the growth of the economy is what causes inflation, currency being subject to the same laws of supply and demand as any other commodity. It’s also easily provable that the Fed is a private corporation and not part of the gov. Once people see this for the gargantuan scam that it is, the stepping stones to the rest of the conspiracies become apparent.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
ALRIGHT LISTEN UP!!!

I will now kick start Project Awakening into gear.

I have recently had an opportunity to grab a bunch of peoples interest to find the truth and I went ahead and followed through and did it.
I am very proud of myself because it took a lot of courage and balls to do what I just did.

OK, here is what happened - I was just got laid off from a contract job that I have been working for approximately a year in a half. I work in the field of IT and this job was at a local government agency that offers services to the public. During my time there I was a very well liked individual, I got along with everyone and made some really good friends.

I left this contract job on really good terms and had a good amount of notice before my contract ended. I decided to wright a Farewell Email before leaving to let everyone know how much I have appreciated their friendship during the time that I was there, I decided to include a small but powerful message at the end of my farewell email.

The Following is the actual message in the email that I wrote before leaving.

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:36 AM
To: XXX
Subject: My Farewell

I will be leaving to pursue other opportunities that have came into my life, today is my last day. I have made a lot of good friends here and have learned a lot from everyone. It has been an awesome experience helping others and learning from them as well. I feel confident that all of you can tackle some of the changes and challenges that you will face at XXX. You all are an awesome group of people and it was a blast working with all of you.

Away from work, very soon there will be some BIG changes and challenges for everyone. Some of the changes will be hard for some people to accept than others and some of the challenges may be extremely difficult. I wish that I could be here to help with some of these changes and hard times but I can offer some encouraging words. Embrace the good changes and when the challenges come around be strong don't give up and always keep a positive outlook. All I can say is, the next couple of year's is going to be one hell of a bumpy ride.

Please feel free to keep in touch with me, you can IM me or email me at - [email protected]

Take care everyone.

Now I have received quite a few responses pertaining to my actual leaving and how they will miss me and stuff like that, but out of a 100 people that the message went out too, there where two people that have sent a brief reply of acknowledgment of the message and one person who actually took interest in wanting to know what the message actually meant.

I have not responded to this one person yet and when I do I will present them with a brief overview of the big picture and see if I can catch their interest even further into the truth. I will also ask for permission to post the initial response to my message in the farewell email and any further responses to the subject matter for further study.

Please give me some feedback of what you guys think so far.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Thank You for your words of encouragement - resistor - and for your input. I do agree with all of the points that you made. It is critical that I get more feedback and input on what some of you guys think. Remember, we are in this together, only we can make it happen - I cannot do this alone and I need your help.

[edit on 1/11/08 by housegroove23]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join