It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another weird pic from Mars.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Geez, that looks freaky.
Looks like the head of a bear to me. If that is a natural formation, then God's got a good sense of humor!

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
if look at the shadows, its a volcano. If look at it in differnent way its looks like a head craved out of stone.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Looking at the head/crater ratio, I couldn't help but remember that one worm-type creature from Star Wars... the one that lived inside the asteroid.

I am curious as to wondering, though... what kind of photograph do people need in order to except the fact that there was once life on Mars? Do people need to see a McDonald's or a multi-acre parking lot? Why? WHAT DO THEY NEED? I am not defending this, or any other, photograph, but please keep this in mind:

We have the odd structures like the Face (Cydonia), those tube-like formations, pyramid structures all over the place, unusual rock formations/layouts, track/road marks across the martian moons, unexplained occurances with probes, *let us not forget the radio signal recieved in the early part of the 1900's, which when it was transcribed to paper, also showed the Cydonian Face*, my personal favorite "The Fort" (also in Cydonia)... and on and on...

Alot of things can be written off as coincidence, or people wishing to see things; but with Cydonia being one of the major "hot spots", why was there no probe or rover sent there? Why did we send two rovers into dried-up "oceans" or craters, instead of being closer to something that might show life?

Are scientists and religious heads that afraid, that they will not even acknowledge the possibility of structures? Are they that stubborn in their literal trains of thought to assume only micro-algeas have existed on Mars?

Mars' "warm periods" are indeed short, too short to have developed advanced life, so the reasoning goes. So why not have Mars as an outpost, or colony?

Granted, the probes and rovers being sent recently are geological surveyors, so signs of life (other than simple one cells) is not a priority... but come on already.

The reason I like the Cydonia region is because it is a large, multi-layered "coincidence"... each structure points, or plays some part, to another structure. Even if the Face was a wind eroded mesa, or the City is nothing more than oddly shaped and arranged mountians, or the D&M Pyramid and the Eye are nothing more than wishful thinking, than what about the Fort? *for those not familiar with the Fort, it is a WALLED triangle... there is clearly a triangular wall, not a mountian or a rock, but a wall incasing a dark triangular area inside of it*

We could look at numerous photographs from around the Earth, and say the same things... from orbit, the Great Wall could be a fissue, the Great Pyramids could be volcanic remains...

I've said it before, and it warrents being said again: if we can have satilites orbiting us that can see the bubble gum wrapper rolling on a sidewalk, why can't we have those same types orbiting Mars?

During the 1980's, with the drive of the space shuttle, Ronald Reagan was quoted as saying that the Soviets and American nations must put aside their differences to meet and over-come the challanges that space is going to send our way. Some took this as space being the next frontier, others saw it as a... discreet message about aliens. Ironically, this was the decade of the Star Wars programs.

Now, we have "W" pushing for lunar and Martian colonies. America can't even take care of the 12 million people currently unemplyed! Yet, with the findings of these two rovers (and other probes), we need to establish bases in space. Great, I am all for that... but is there a hidden motive, or are we to still blindly follow what Bush is feeding us?

A picture is a picture is a picture, a rose by any other name, picture worth a thousand words... people will see (or disbelieve) what they want to; you cannot make people do otherwise, or bend them to except ideas they don't want. But what do people want when it comes to Mars?

www.enterprisemission.com...

www.metaresearch.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
although it is possible it's amazing the imagination that some people have to come up with these things, e.g. a rock looks like an animals face. It's kind of similar to the dope smokers who sit back and look at the clouds and believe they can see the clouds forming various animal shapes and faces. LoL. There probably is life on mars but a) the pics NASA chooses to release to the public will already have rock face formations highlighted and on the front page of the newspaper, or b) they will omit or edit with computer software certain blatant photographs which clearly show life on mars to hide the fact from the public eye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join