It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million pounds of beef recalled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Million pounds of beef recalled

www.cnn.com

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (AP) -- The giant agribusiness company Cargill Inc. said Saturday it is recalling more than 1 million pounds of ground beef that may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria.
The ground beef was produced October 8-11 at Cargill Meat Solutions' plant in Wyalusing, Pennsylvania and distributed to retailers.

Affected retailers include Giant, Shop Rite, Stop & Shop, Wegmans and Weis in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

Cargill learned the meat may be contaminated after the Agriculture Department found a problem with a sample of the beef produced on October 8, the company said. The bacterium is E. coli O157:H7.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A million pounds is alot of beef, Is there anything we can eat that in not a threat to our health? What is really going on?

www.cnn.com

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by magycpapyri

A million pounds is alot of beef, Is there anything we can eat that in not a threat to our health? What is really going on?

www.cnn.com

Not unless you control the growing conditions yourself.

A big step of course, is the vegetarian diet

What's going on is the unsanitary and sloppy methods employed by corporate factory farms and slaughter houses.

I say stick to free range organic chicken if you want meat

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For the life of me I do not understand why people do not grind thier own? Its not that hard, you have better controll over fat content and quality, and as long as you keep things sanitary you can cut your risk quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Lets see if anyone blames this on the Chinese.

In Portugal it is forbidden to sell ground beef, it must be ground in the act of selling, so the people who buy it can see the beef as it really is before buying it.

This is easy and solves many of the problems with ground beef.

apc

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Ditto. Store bought ground beef is... undesirable. Plus when you grind your own you don't have to worry about mad cow MOOoO MOo MoooOOo!@#%

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up for health OP!
I have been looking at this contamination issue for a couple 4 years now and it seems to me that it may be an attempt at a Centralization of the meat industry. I can see it now: New World beef association, Order here...

They are gearing up just watch like soylent green it will be made, but with out the health benefits.

new topics

top topics

join