It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan steps up its space race pace.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A report from the japanese space program indicates that they are planning to put a man in orbit. But have not indicated a timeframe. seems to me that the space race is on again ladies and gentlemen. Ill be monitoring this story to get more updates.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good, because i dont want just the Americans to be in space otherwise humanity is on the verge of distruction.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well if they do get someone into space it'll be a great feat for the little country, but I think they'll be having all the gizmos and toys they could want up there (PS2 plugged into the main reactor

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
yeah they are having big but great ideas they are also in the race for a thermonuclearfusion reactor.
but don't be afraid they can't claim the moon or another planet cause of they have signed a bill way back that space is everyones.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragingsystem
Good, because i dont want just the Americans to be in space otherwise humanity is on the verge of distruction.

Hu ? What are you talking about ? Nations who already have " spacemen " are :

- USA
- Russia
- France
- Great-Brittain
- Germany
- Belgium
- China
- Israel
- Jordania

And I'm sure that I forgot many others nations.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
yea
you forgot Bulgaria

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Put The Netherlands on your list also.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
another race? o well another race won!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragingsystem

so everything is our fault?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
those nations haven't all put men into space, they've had citzens of theirs in space, there is a big difference, only 3 countries have put people into space, USSR (Russia), USA, and China, all those nations had their people put into space by the US or Russia, so if Japan or India puts people into space by themselves it will be a huge deal, just like China was last year

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Japan steps up its space race pace.

GREAT the more countries involved the more they will push to be first, the faster things will move, the more countries will want a part of the action, etc.

But in the long run my money is on free enterprise nothing motivates like pure unadultrated capitalistic greed

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I also hear India has a plan to put a man on the moon by 2008.

Don't understand, why all the countries can't come together in regards to space. If we all pooled our resources together, we could accomplish great things.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Don't understand, why all the countries can't come together in regards to space. If we all pooled our resources together, we could accomplish great things.

I think comptition brings more results than cooparation......sadly

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I think comptition brings more results than cooparation......sadly

yeah exactly. if it was a coop to go to the moon with the russinas you think that woulda worked?

new topics

top topics

join