It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tape of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Using "N-Word*" Repeatedly -- Hot Water/Backlash/Protests to Com

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydelay
what i find ironic is, he doesn't like his son's black girlfriend and thinks she is secretly recording him dropping the n-bomb but, it's his own "white" flesh and blood who nails the coffin.

justice

but come one folks, did he not fit the redneck racist stereotype?
[edit on 5-11-2007 by jaydelay]

How is getting persecuted for what you said justice? Look at it this way, we all agree that it is fickle and plain wrong to judge somebody by their race right? (or at least, a lot of us do, but the ones who don't that's fine too think what you want) Well how is it any better to be discriminatory based on what someone SAID? Isn't that even more insubstantial and fickle?

If you said you were a democrat could you legally be fired from your job? What if you said you hated Bush? What if you said 9/11 was right? In each case, if you were fired you would yell and scream First Amendment and you'd be right and people would back you up, but as soon as a white person says 'n-word', no one questions or thinks twice, you're out of there.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Simius, I totally agree on your opinions of double standards. Since when don't we have free speech enough to say things that aren't widely accepted? Is it now wrong to not like another person of a different race? Should your career be ruined because you have a different opinion than what the government mandated for the 'victim' groups?

Why is it if you commit a crime against a white man, it's a crime, even if the criminal was black. But if it was a white man, against a black man, now it's a hate crime! Just like the whole Jena 6 deal. I was disgusted at the gall of the protesters who wanted the boys to be released with no charges for beating up a white boy. You know how those same protesters would have reacted if it was the other way around. However, I would respect thier opinion and right to protest it, but I also reserve the right to disagree with them.

I enjoy Dave Chappell too. And he has used 'Cracker', 'Honkey', and others, but do you see those banned from public use? If you type 'Honkey' on this site, does it get changed and censored to "h-word"? No, because those words are okay, because it's against whites. Come on people.

Those of you who say you don't care if a black person says 'the n-word', that's perfectly fine. But it's a double standard for it to get one race in serious national trouble, and another to just be looked on and say "Oh, it's okay for him to say that, s/he's (insert victim group)” If you’re offended so badly with mere words, you have problems.

In the words of the South Park judge; "If you want to hurt another human being you better make damn sure they are the same color as you are."

new topics

<< 1   >>

join