It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA: Hamas, Hezbollah may be active in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Former CIA: Hamas, Hezbollah cells may be active in Mexico

www.ynetnews.com

The US is concerned that Hamas and Hizbullah agents may penetrate the porous US-Mexican border in order to carry out terrorist attacks, according to Robert Grenier, the former head of the US Central Intelligence Agency's counterterrorism center.

His comments were featured in a report published by the Mexican press on Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
To be honest, I think this is strategic placement to wag the dog a little. Look at the source, seems fishy to me personally -- but I know a whole boatload of you will use this (like I'm trying to defuse here) as terror class war fear-mongering.

Article goes onto say Hezbollah are funneling Mexican drug money to Lebanon.

Seriously, this is beyond disinfo IMO -- look at the cover of that site, it's like a "mission accomplished" off-shoot -- Israel, the 51st U.S. state.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Why, of all the organisations to choose from, would they pick Hamas and Hezbollah?

Hamas is focussed solely on Palestine. They have never carried out any operations outside of Palestine/Israel.

Hezbollah is a Lebanese guerrilla group. They have never carried out any attacks outside of Lebanon/Israel. They have, however, been accused of bombings in Argentina, but they have not only denied involvement, but actually spoke out against them. Same as the attacks on 9/11, they spoke out against them too. Suicide bombings are NOT standard Hezbollah tactics.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Not even "geurilla." More like a communal/tribal community. They're not even qualified to be on the "terror" list in my opinion. Just another pawn in the game of using words as weapons.

Oh, and the article. Complete BS.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Pure BS.

Yes, Hezbollah was blamed for terrorist attacks across Europe (car bombing of the Israeli embassy in London 1994) in the past but the idea of them and Hamas in Mexico is a joke.

The only terrorists in Mexico are the far left nutcases he like to blow up anything related to capitalism.

I'm starting to understand why this guy is an ex-CIA official

Article goes onto say Hezbollah are funneling Mexican drug money to Lebanon.

Oh yeah, their radical Islamic dogma is going to work with drug dealers

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This'll sound 'devil's advocate' insane -- but I see a lot of 'new' muslims on the Nyc and Phila streets, some of which, are in alleys in the latter smoking weed. So, I don't doubt anything.

I've heard Hamas is Israeli-funded and originated. They must of loved 'winning' the Palestinian elections and 'storming' the compounds w/ their pathetic ski masks on.

Whereas Hez, is the real thing. And they got a lot of say in Syria, etc. Shocked to hear about the nuke bombing in Syria not being retaliated upon.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Shocked to hear about the nuke bombing in Syria not being retaliated upon.

WTF?

Are you suggesting you want Hezbollah (or Syria) to retaliate against Israel?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

There's something to be said about the words "blame" and "admittance."
Terrorist motives and actions seem to garner a "label."

I saw a VLOG about some American students who talked to Hezbollah and were allowed to live within it's boundaries for informational purposes. They actually taped Hezbollah territory being demolished by bombs and these old scraggly men forcing them into a truck saying "We need to come to safety! We need to come to safety!" Every terrorist action require a deciphering of the true, who, what, when, why, especially now days.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Hamas? Oh, no. That's absurd.

Hamas truly, truly hates them some Israel.

If hate was ever justified, I would say it is fairly due to Palestine..

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Do you want to twist my words?

Otherwise, I lose free speech. the quote is what it is, to sound like a mass murderer Rumsfeld. I don't advocate it, "surprised" no retaliation.

So spare me your "wtf" -- people can't have nuke energy anymore? The "deciders" are the U.S., Israel and the UK? No thanks, nuke power is clean, cheap and affordable -- needed in the postmodern Earth.

Safety track record is spotty w/ Russia and 3 Mile Island - but operational around the world, useful, better then ethanol, better then anything else.... the U.N. is the joke as a peace-making world organization and no countries seem to give a hoot when the veto power is to the aggressor's favor.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

This'll sound 'devil's advocate' insane -- but I see a lot of 'new' muslims on the Nyc and Phila streets, some of which, are in alleys in the latter smoking weed. So, I don't doubt anything.

Muslims smoke weed, so they must be terrorists, right?

Not still listening to the reefer madness propaganda, are you? The biggest drug runners in the world are the CIA....

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Also, I think those "weed smoking Muslims" are the least of our worries. You know if they're doing things like that, their religious priorities are far from straightened out.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It was an observation. This is the prob w/ the Pentagon's internet, you take every comment for such face value like I'm on the stand:

-do you believe everything you read?

-does the FACT that I SAW dudes w/ beards in the robes and the broads w/ the whole dress outfit, in the alleys of Phila, on numerous occasions mean anything to the stupid quote about Hez drug-running? Is that THAT far-fetched to see 'hoods' in the streets w/ bin Laden as the latest rap/r&b hero? -- all I'm doing is relaying a (sorta) piece of eyewitness freaking 'chatter'. (insert much sarcasm)

-also, fine, the CIA are drug-runners, like anyone here can give me the names and addresses of ALL CIA operatives worldwide, until then, anyone, all of you could be the freaking CIA. So, please, chill a little.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Anhinga... Settle down, my friend. I've never seen you like this. Want to talk about it?

I totally believe you in that there's Muslim dudes running around smoking weed and drinking malt. If you're familiar with hip hop at all, there's groups like "Jedi Mind Tricks" who are all about Allah and smoking weed, getting ripped. I think it's just an ignorant take on their religious values. Also, if they're smoking weed and what have you, their passion for their religion is obviously lacking, and we have to remember that "creed doesn't stop greed." Haha.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks Deadflag --- the seasonal change is kinda getting to me, winter on the US east coast ain't fun. Soon enough, cold night already, yuck.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The US Border Patrol have captured Hizbollah members crossing the border several times ... the biggest OTH (Other Then Hispanic) group apprehended in the act of violating the safety and sovereignty of the United States is people from the Arab world.

www.warriorsfortruth.com...
www.warriorsfortruth.com...
www.jihadwatch.org...
www.vdare.com...
archive.newsmax.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.elpasotimes.com...

So yes, the CIA source is actually correct. Sorry guys!

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Whether its true or not, we will see more stories like this.
It's just like the rhetoric and propaganda with Iraq, and now Iran.

Here's some related threads and such,
thought I'd do some cross-thread linking:

U.S. "Interests": Hardcore Drugs

DEA reports Islamic extremists teaming with Mexican drug cartels (08-12-07)

DEA report: U.S. terror cells linked to drug cartels

WASHINGTON — A Drug Enforcement Administration report indicates terrorist sleeper cells in the United States are working with Mexican drug cartels to fund terror operations, according to a published report.

The sleeper cells and drug traffickers are transporting narcotics and other contraband across American borders, according to a report published by the Washington Times.

Hearing sought on Islamic, Mexican ties

Rep. Ed Royce, ranking Republican on the House Foreign Affairs terrorism and nonproliferation subcommittee, said the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) document — first reported yesterday by The Washington Times — highlights how vulnerable the nation is when fighting the war on terrorism.

"I'll be asking the terrorism subcommittee to hold a hearing on the DEA report's disturbing findings," said Mr. Royce of California. "A flood of name changes from Arabic to Hispanic and the reported linking of drug cartels on the Texas border with Middle East terrorism needs to be thoroughly investigated."

Just throwin' this out there, can't say I buy into it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

First of all...

I don't care if the day of reckoning came upon us and Warriorsfortruth.com or Jihadwatch.com posted "Savior is here." I still wouldn't believe it, nor read it to begin with.

I think your MSNBC post sums the mindset of the reactionary way in which all Muslims think in a time of what would be a world wide "Jihad."

“We are Muslims. I am Hezbollah. We are Muslims, and we will DEFEND our countries at any time they are attacked.”

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

Exactly... Everybody is so jaded they're looking for a new ploy, and distance seems to be threatening to Americans. How many times can the parents with the boogey man story before we don't believe it anymore?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
. . . . 'jihad' originally means "love of God" before it was hijacked by those who love denouncing Islam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join