It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why has the gov. not used the spy technology to help us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
We all have heard how every cell phone can be tracked and located by its signal and strength to reveal a location. Why can't the gov. use all of the new technology to help us John Q. Forgotten Public?
en.wikipedia.org...

Why is it when someone is lost they can't use this technology to find them before they die? Every year we hear how searchers could not find someone until it was too late, but our gov. has all kinds of technology that we paid for and they use it against us but never for us.

Every page printed on a computer has a code printed that gives the serial number of the computer, I'm betting they have the serial number of every item in your house, (RFID chipped run through register to pay with your credit card or check), all that info is going somewhere, but then no one can trace those letter typed on a computer to it owners, would come in handy in kidnap cases, cases where the guy writes to the newspapers or reporters to boast.

Every picture taken has a code on it that can tell who owns the camera that took it, again kidnap cases.

My point is they have all of these things in place to investigate the crimes their concerned about or to track us, but yet they never use it to help us solve crimes or save lives. And who footed the bill for all of these miracles of modern technology, you and me.

Here is a video called Big Brother Big Business it is a 2 hr. documentary that was on CNBC if you don't want to watch the whole things there are also clips that should give you an idea of the technology. I also realize that this is what they letting out so I am sure they have even more devious things to track us all and investigate us all that we don't know about. BTW if you think I am paranoid, watch the movie first before you make up you mind about that, after watching it you might be paranoid too.

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Just part of the conspiracy my friend. I have often wondered the same thing in times past but believe that government has a higher purpose other than the benefit of us.

You can call it whatever you wish - NWO, Illuminati, evil conspiracy, etc., but the truth is if a benevolent government wanted to use these rich technologies to assist us in justice then they would make it forefront. You and I both know they aren't, which means technology is not a resource for our benefit but whomever controls the world's benefit.

I liken it to my local police department. Crime is everywhere, yet they are no where, but at the same time the local newspaper is full of articles supporting how well they do their job. They are never around when you need them, and only do their jobs extremely well by chance. It is all a sham. Put no faith in any group proposing that they will rule you and solve your problems. They will claim to be thinking of your better good yet secretly using all available resources to control you and subdue you.

That is a good fair-warning. Don't say I didn't tell you so. The government could solve all our problems if they wanted to, but that would put them out of business.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I spent alot of time trying to figure out why are country is messed up, why things seem to not make sence.

Then I realized one thing, one thing made it perfectly clear, they don't care about us at all, now it made complete sence.

Look at imigration, they talk about needing new imigration reform, they have not enforced the laws on the books for decades and they say the solution is more laws?

It is a lie so people will allow them to pass more corporate friendly policies. They do not stop immigrants because the corporations want them. It is that simple, they don't say that, because they lie to us, that simple.

They then say we will give them drivers licences so people can identify themselfs if in a wreck. If they have no ID call police, then they should be deported after going to jail and found to be illegal.

But they don't want illegals deported so they make up some phoney reason why they need drivers licences, so they can lie about not enforcing laws.

Then the media never mentions the truth.

One news caster when immigration comes up should ask them, "we have not enforced immigration for decades, why does anyone want new legislation, why does anyone give the government the right to enforce any laws, they only enforce the ones that profit the rich."

Sorry I went off on a tangent, I saw Hillary's debate double speak again.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Government has no interest in helping us because it provides no benefit to them. If we are unsafe and in need then we will flock to them who will protect us and provide. We are sheep to "Them". No better than cockroaches. We make them stronger for it to, Britney Spears Halloween outfit was top story on CNN and MSN websites a few days ago...the people happily turn their heads and "They" get more rich and more powerful. No, that tech is far better at ensuring that no one disturbs the status quo rather than helping Joe Sixpack.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My understanding is that some of it is being overly paranoid, misinformation (dept store RFID chips can only be detected over a short distance and they don't broadcast) and administrative screwups.

For instance you watch CSI and get the impression they have 10 second turnaround times on lab tests. Truth is it takes quite a bit of time to incubate and then be developed. In fact, most places will tell you they have 10 years of cases and info and data backup and can't get all the stuff in the computer where it would be helpful.

If their competence matched their administrative skills, then it's no wonder they can't do anything in small cases.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
My understanding is that some of it is being overly paranoid, misinformation (dept store RFID chips can only be detected over a short distance and they don't broadcast) and administrative screwups.

RFID, even passive, do broadcast, a scanner puts out a signal, that signal then goes into chip, powers it and broadcasts out a signal with the ID. So anyone with a scanner can read the data.

Imagine one police watching a hundered protesters walk by, and then hitting the "send email to boss" key.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You mention about pictures taken show whos camera it was. This doesnt prove anything. if they paid cash it should be untraceable. Also IF they paid by card and IF they find the shop it was bought from how do they prove that person still owns the camera. The problem is even if you know someone commited a crime u need undisputable evidence to prove this.

I thought about this watching a program about MI5 following potential bombers. They followed them to a house but couldnt listen in as they hadnt bugged it. That seems like an easy problem to solve being the security agency but they had no evidence of what was said.
However i dont think this means they dont have the technology, it just means they dont want to admit to it. If they came out and said satellites in space can listen in on what u say or can record you through roofs or whatever most people wouldnt be to happy

I think the technology is to valuable to admit to having just to nail a few POTENTIAL terrorists.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
We all have heard how every cell phone can be tracked and located by its signal and strength to reveal a location. Why can't the gov. use all of the new technology to help us John Q. Forgotten Public?
en.wikipedia.org...

They do use this, but you have to have a cell phone, it has to be working, and turned on.

Why is it when someone is lost they can't use this technology to find them before they die? Every year we hear how searchers could not find someone until it was too late, but our gov. has all kinds of technology that we paid for and they use it against us but never for us.

Because they didn't have a cell phone on them, it was dead, or turned off. I mean, if they're lost and have a cell phone within reach of a cell, they could simply call for help, right? Why would you conceivably have a working cell phone and die in the wilderness?

Every page printed on a computer has a code printed that gives the serial number of the computer, I'm betting they have the serial number of every item in your house, (RFID chipped run through register to pay with your credit card or check), all that info is going somewhere, but then no one can trace those letter typed on a computer to it owners, would come in handy in kidnap cases, cases where the guy writes to the newspapers or reporters to boast.

No, every page printed does not have a code printed on it that gives the sn of the computer. Some laser printers print dot patterns that give the sn of the printer. But not all. I don't think any inkjet printers do.

No, not every item in your house is "RFID chipped". Probably not any, really. Some stores put little E-field parts in the packaging so they can run faster inventories of what's on the shelves. But you toss that pretty fast.

Every picture taken has a code on it that can tell who owns the camera that took it, again kidnap cases.

Nope. Some embed information in the files as metadata, but it's easy to clean off, and not every camera does it. If you don't register the camera (or have it repaired) it may not track back to you either. And in the cases where they get files with metadata, they use it.

That's how they caught the BTK serial killer. PS - don't write your taunting letters with a Microsoft product, they're full of metadata that can be used to identify you.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Every inkjet printer does have the codes on the back of every page printed, some of the codes have been broken, some have not.

www.pcworld.com...

My guess is that when we buy something and all of those series of numbers on each package goes through the register that it contains coding telling what is being bought, and possibly a serial number, we buy with a check or debit or credit card. My guess is that information is used for marketing, it is reported marketing turned all of it info after 911 to the gov..

Think about it, they have to have some way of being sure that their going to get that serial number and an owner otherwise what good does it do to put all of the secret coding into the product to reveal a serial number if that does not reveal an owner?

While some people will register a product many do not, I am basically a procrastinator, by the time I get around to considering filling out a warranty card, it's usually run out. Here is an article about how much info is purchased from private companies by the gov, and how much data mining their doing to snoop into yours and everyone else's life.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Yes I agree that is how they caught the BTK killer, didn't he send a series of letters over the years with codes? I can't recall if they were all printed on a printer or typewriter but I do know they used technology to find him. if he used a printer to type out those letters then they should have caught him much sooner than they did.

You are right about the cell phones though they now have a GPS built into them, here is a link.

www.news.com...

[edit on 7-11-2007 by goose]

top topics

join