It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what always interested me about space

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
is the thought that billions of miles away there could be a civilization either more advanced or very pre historic. it just boggles my mind and i think about it all the time lol. just makes me wonder.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Honestly,who gives a crap what you fascinates you about space
if you dont have anything worthwhile to post or doing just for the sake of it/to show everyone "yeaa,i posted my first thread even though its completely irrelevant",do everyone here a favor and DONT!

Edit: or better yet post it in the chit-chat forum on BTS

[edit on 3-11-2007 by xenomorph07]

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Civility & Decorum are Expected

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xenomorph07

Bite your tongue, dude. If you don't have anything productive to say, than don't. Totally uncalled for.

As for me, I think the same thing everytime I'm out at night. It's mesmirizing. There's something to be said about the relation with man and space, definitely something deeper than "sight."

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Bite your tongue, dude. If you don't have anything productive to say, than don't. Totally uncalled for.

Agreed.And also i suppose proclaiming your fondness for space is really productive.dont get me wrong i am all for the "space is enchanting" ideology.i wouldnt be here discussing lil green/grey men/reptillians otherwise would i?

altho i still stand by my point,no point starting a thread just because "lookin at the stars" gives you a goodnights sleep.everyone likes that,that doesnt mean you have to start a thread on it,thats wat you have BTS for

ps.edited my earlier post to make it look a lil bit less overwhelming.was a bit cranky coz my coffee ran out,so couldnt get my caffeine fix today

[edit on 3-11-2007 by xenomorph07]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Rather hars xenomorph07!

Swatman, have you considered getting a telescope or a pair of binoculars? Mars is visible in the night sky now, and Venus and Saturn are visible in the morning sky. These planets are spectacular when viewed through a telescope!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
xeno i didnt mean to have a useless thread, but with all the reptillian talk id say my topic is half way decent. i just made this to see if anyone thinks the same way or has any opinions or thoughts on the subject of life billions of light years away.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
xeno i didnt mean to have a useless thread, but with all the reptillian talk id say my topic is half way decent.

cant argue there

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i always thought what i am compared to the universe since i was little. like what you are saying about more primitive or advance civilizations, i have always known or felt there is someting.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
On hindsight,your thread is a ,umm,i admit,a lil refreshing,considering it doesnt require you to rack your brains for putting in smart replies with cool pics or videos
. Well now that i have posted replies which are completely 0ff-topic or should i say "irrelevant"
,i might as well post something relevant.

Well,actually as a kid ,i was an avid star gazer minus all the paraphernalia(read telescopes),i still do it sometimes,its sorta my guilty pleasure.makes you think you're absolutely insignificant when you consider the big picture a.k.a the cosmos.its makes me go all philosophical,like why are we here?or what is our purpose?or is it time for my midnight snack?it sort of humbles you down,lets you feel that there are things far more greater and far too important than you'll ever realize.its a great way to clear your mind.

i just lie down and look at the stars,dont think of anything,it helps me clear my mind and maybe listening to "chasing cars" by snow patrol while am at it.

*If i lie here,if i just lie here,
would you lie with me and just forget the world.................*

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Our universe is absolutely amazing. One can lose his breath imagining how large it truly is. Humans have been pondering the heavens since our beginning.
One wonders if any other animals on our earth look up and observe the stars?

Here is a signt with information on some prominent Stargazer's in our past.

school.discoveryeducation.com...

Also here are a few web sights that will keep you up to date on the latest discoveries and human development of a space program.

Space.com

Finally here is a few sights where you can read about past, present and future space exploration plans.

ESA

NASA

A few Prominent telescope sights.

Hubble

Spitzer

Large Binocular Telescope

Some guys looking for ET!

SETI Institute (Allen Array)

Lastly some fringe web sights with a lot of conspiracy information about space. This sight is fun to read, but believe only what you want to here

Enterprise Mission

Have fun!! Our universe is truly remarkable.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Xeven]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The thing that gets me about space/universe is that it doesn't end. This is maddening to me, but whats worse is to think that it does end, what in the world would the end of space look like???

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Lastly some fringe web sights with a lot of conspiracy information about space. This sight is fun to read, but believe only what you want to here

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Xeven]

Ummm,since youve repeated the same mistake everywhere,i figured you must not know it,for the record its "web SITE" and not " sight"

peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
ya dragonfire that boggles the mind. wtf does space look like at the end. i have a hard time believing it goes on forever. who is the person that said it goes forever and what evidence do they have???? what amazes me also was i forgot where i saw this on ATS but the article said that someone pointing something around in the sky got a message in a certain spot saying WOW and they havent been able to find another message in space. does anyone have that article?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Our universe is absolutely amazing. One can lose his breath imagining how large it truly is. Humans have been pondering the heavens since our beginning.

I feel the same. I was really blown away while reading this book on Humanism, and the author was talking about man's insignifigance in the timeline of Earth itself, also the arrogance of man thinking "we're the only ones." He put the size of the universe in laymens terms that went like this; "If you imagine the universe as the United States of America, and every speck of dust a sun, and for every sun a star system, now imagine America slowly expanding for eternity.."

Makes you feel small. As you should.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Don't dis fellow member xenon, and DEFINITELY don't mess with DFB. I can be your best friend or worst enemy. Would be nice if you had a name that even made sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Don't dis fellow member xenon, and DEFINITELY don't mess with DFB. I can be your best friend or worst enemy. Would be nice if you had a name that even made sense.

Hey hey now, everythings been settled.

Space boggles me? No. Space blows my freaking mind to nothingness. There are planets that are so far away from us it takes light, the fastest thing we know of, billions of years of years to get to it. I feel Boggle is too small of a word. We should make up a word to describe how mind blowing space can be. Make a word like they made Gugle.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
jpm 1602 who are you talking to in that post?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

dont act like a total asshat please. What is wrong with a topic like this?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Space has always amazed me and I look up every night I'm outside. I've got to get me another telescope though. This video here shows just how tiny our little earth is.

P lanets And Stars To Scale

Thanks for the thread Swatman.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I am completely distracted by seeing stars at night.

I wonder how many things may actually be looking at their night sky, and seeing our sun as a white dot, wondering if there's anything else out there.

I think it is classy and majestical that the placement of everything is just so perfect and artistic, and works so efficiently.

I've usually bumped into something by this point which kind of spoils the moment.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join