It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOt A Conspiracy Theory Just A Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I just want to know how "smart" people are here. Im not talking about the people that got As and Bs in school but people that can learn fast and can retain information. For some reason I am thinking that conspiracy theorists and those that believe in them are intelligent.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

Ahhh absolute generalities with a touch of ego feeding.
I would imagine we run the gambit of IQs.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I remember a thread a year or so ago that members had posted their IQ levels.
As I recall the stats seemed on the high side. I don't know if a few people were just doing a bit of bragging, or if they were boosting their score to look better, but I find this community to be on the higher side of intelligence.

Sure we've got our share of folks with rocks for brains, but just reading some of the posts that are made by some will show that there's no shortage of genius level people that write here.

EDIT: You can take a test at this link....
www.highiqsociety.org...

[edit on 3/11/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think that people can come on this site , pick a topic they are knowledgeable on and post their opinions. Most people dont choose to post an opinion on something that they dont feel they will be able to intelligently talk about. Because it is a written form they can control the way they are perceived as opposed to verbal communication conveys so much more. So i think that it is easy to perceive that the posters are of a high intellegence but i dont think that possessing alot of knowledge about a certain topic makes you anymore intelligent just more educated. Education and intelligence are two different things.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm naturally good at most things, I pick things up quickly if I'm learning something new. But I always hated sitting down and doing a one hour exam to judge how clever we are.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Preliminary Results of The 2007 Demographics Survey

Might be of some use to get a better understanding of some basic demographics of our membership.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Fantastic graphic chissler, I had no idea that those stats had been posted.
I notice that only 1,674 members responded to the survey, but it does give an indication of the education demographic of our community.

One of the things I love about ATS is the diversity of people that come to this site.
Most of us come here because we question the truth, and we have members that are willing to share their version of the truth to others. You take the evidence they produce as a starting point to your own road to discovery about the topic at hand.

It's the input of all members that enhances the understanding of the entire group.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I'm naturally good at most things, I pick things up quickly if I'm learning something new. But I always hated sitting down and doing a one hour exam to judge how clever we are.

I can learn things by just listening i NEVER take notes or study. I always get an A on tests i have never failed a class but never like the idea of taking work home to do it there at bring it back as proof that you have learned the material- i dont see the point when it shows on the tests!

new topics

top topics

join