It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

images from china's "chang'e 1"...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Seeing as we had a thread for Japan's "Kaguya" lunar orbiting spacecraft, I have taken the liberty in creating this thread, dedicated to any and all of the pictures that will come from China's "Chang'e 1" lunar orbiting spacecraft.

Related ATS Threads:

China successfully launches first lunar probe...
NASA: China will likely beat us back to moon...
High-Definition Video of Earth Shot From Space...

There you go space fans
!

[edit on 2-11-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I was just on the China.org.cn site which was linked. It said that Chang'e 1 will enter lunar orbit on Monday.
I am in the same time zone(around about) Beijing that will be tomorrow. Hopefully they will release pictures of the real Lunar Surface tomorrow or the day after that.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khounur
I was just on the China.org.cn site which was linked. It said that Chang'e 1 will enter lunar orbit on Monday.
I am in the same time zone(around about) Beijing that will be tomorrow. Hopefully they will release pictures of the real Lunar Surface tomorrow or the day after that.

I read (somewhere) that pictures will first be released around the end of this month. I have no idea why it would take so long, but that is what I read. If I recall correctly, the first image from "Kaguya" was released around the time when it first entered the moon's orbit. Although the quality might not have been the best, it still was nice having a picture almost right away. I have read (on ATS), though, that the better pictures will be released in the future. So, yes, I wonder why it will take so long for the release of better pictures (or even live streams, as some here have wanted). No wonder, based on the prolonged time it takes for pictures to be released, ATSers claim conspiracy

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Chang’e-1 journey “successful”...
Official Site...
Mission Objectives...

Thanks to anyone who can find some images of the moon from "chang'e 1." I don't think any have been released yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Maybe China doesn't have DSL like Pine Gap does
Seriously, this will be interesting to keep track of. The more countries that launch such craft capable of providing imagery, the better, for many reasons.

Until two collide.

Then I'll retract that comment.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaurouge
Seriously, this will be interesting to keep track of.

That's why I have created this thread

[edit on 19-11-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
China’s Moon Orbiter Ready for Science Duty...

Chinese space officials are ready to flip Chang’e-1’s scientific instrument switch to the on position. The spacecraft has undergone a series of shakeouts since swinging into polar circular orbit around the Moon on November 7.

On Monday, the probe begins its year-long campaign of studying the Moon with a suite of devices, including a camera that is expected to relay its first image of the lunar landscape late this month. A recent report has indicated that first pictures are to be taken November 26.

The orbiter is one element of a CNSA plan that calls for landing a rover on the Moon in 2012, followed five years later by a hunter/gatherer rover involved in returning to Earth select lunar samples.

So, yes, the first images will be taken on November sixth. Who knows when they will be released, though (later this month?). It seems that China has fallen in love with the moon. Way to go China!

jra

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Just thought I'd bump this thread with a link to the first image from China's probe. Hopefully more to come soon.

www.china.org.cn...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

The picture was pieced together by 19 images, each covering a width of 60 kilometers on the moon's surface.

Uh oh, you know what that means. Let the hunt for the absurdly improbable begin!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Just thought I'd bump this thread with a link to the first image from China's probe. Hopefully more to come soon.

www.china.org.cn...

Thank you. I have been waiting for pictures for a long time

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Actually there is already a thread on chang'e 1 here:

China successfully launches first lunar probe

[edit on 26-11-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Actually there is already a thread on chang'e 1 here:

China successfully launches first lunar probe

I am aware.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Great my edits still are not working, yes I see you have mentioned that in your original post sorry, it just gets a bit tedious reading the same things in different threads.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
And just in case there is another here:

china acclaims moon images

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Looks like this is getting big attention here on ATS
. Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Anyone else see the triangle in the moon picture?

It is roughly centre about a third of the way down........................Triangles are not usual formations for the moon....but I good be wrong.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

I can't say that I have
. Maybe you can circle it or something
. This is why I think I am going to love this thread. I can't wait to see what anomalies, if any, we can find. Good luck all!

[edit on 26-11-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

I can't say that I have
. Maybe you can circle it or something
. This is why I think I am going to love this thread. I can't wait to see what anomalies, if any, we can find. Good luck all!

I think that he's talking about the triangle on the far side of the Moon:

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

It also can be found on clementine 1.5 image browser
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

insert these coordinates ...
Latitude = -35 (not 35)
Longitude = 208
Select 1 pixel = 1 kilometer
Select 768x768
Click on "Ude lat/long" button
...done.

In the version 2.0 of Clementine Image browser it's no longer visible.
www.nrl.navy.mil...

A possible explanation is a bad processing of the images due to missing data, but i have no clue what really happened: it's a puzzling case to say the least.
ArMap made a research and provided a very good explanation in a thread started by Mikesingh, if i'm correct ...

[edit on 27/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL I have taken the liberty in creating this thread,

OH GOOD GRIEF

Not another China Moon Thread

LOL the last time it started up here it got bumped to BTS We need a few good anomalies to keep it here.... It sure would be nice to only have to watch ONR thread on this topic and ONE thread on the Japanese one

Sheesh....

Okay so what's this triangle I here about? And that image is a composite of 19 images and still that's as big as we can see it?

Looks like a propaganda shot to me...

So where is the proof that they didn't just scan an old NASA image?
Are we gonna just take their word for it that they really are up there?
Anyone have a signal from either ship?

There that ought to satisfy ITF for the moment...

But seriously I saw comments on youtube with the "earthrise" video and they are saying what 'awesome footage'

Oh well gimme a wake up call when we see that 'awesome footage'

<<   2  3 >>

join