It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Orange Box/Steam/Valve Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hey folks! I've looked around and I couldn't find a single thread dedicated to Valve/Steam, so, here it is!

What are y'all folks steam ID's and which source games do you play most often? For me right now it's:

TF2 & CS:S

What was your favorite game out of the Orange Box? For me personally it was Portal, although, I found Episode 2 to be equally as exciting as the original Half-Life 2.

What about you guys?

Oh and before I forget,

My Steam ID:

wcak

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I haven't been able to try TF2 or HL2:E2 yet, but Portal is honest-to-god the most fun, innovative and artistically legitimate game I've played for years.

The song that plays during the end credits is amazing-- both hilarious and disturbing on a very deep level.

(edit to say that I plan on getting hold of the whole Orange Box ASAP, and that I've been a Team Fortress fan since it was a Quake mod. If anyone but Valve was doing TF2, I'd be leery... but it looks great.)

[edit on 3-11-2007 by The Parallelogram]

cj6

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I just got the Orange Box a few days ago, since I've never played Half-Life before I decided to go one at a time. I have to say, I was blown away!!!
Half-Life 2 is the best FPS I've ever played! It had just about everything you could ever want in a FPS: great weapon selection, good AI, awesome graphics, vehicles, a variety of enemies, a great story, cool characters, great environments, and the action never stops! The best thing about it is the variety, from start to finish this game never gets boring or repetitive. It's got me wondering why so many people are crazy for Halo when Half-Life 2 totally blows Halo away! In my opinion, Half-Life 2 is the greatest FPS ever! 10/10

Half-Life 2

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah, the Half-Life series is one of the best FPS series out there. It actually has plot, which, is a scary thing. Don't get me wrong, I love Doom styled FPS games but sometimes it's nice to be graced by a story. I found Half-Life 2 to be one of my favorite games of all time, especially with Episode 2. Episode 1 was slightly lacking, but, it was still a great game.

Then you've also got Portal. A brilliant puzzle game!

cj6

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Having Portal in the Orange Box confused me, it just doesnt fit! It's an interesting puzzle game that makes me feel like :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, Portal takes place right after the end of Half-Life 2 Episode 2. The Half-Life universe consists of competing corporations and Aperture Science is one of them. I don't want to ruin the plots of Episode 2 and Portal and how they'll tie in on Episode 3.

top topics

join