It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Bad News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Reuters
Merrill's credibility and stock take hit
Friday November 2, 6:10 pm ET
By Tim McLaughlin

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Merrill Lynch & Co Inc.'s credibility and stock took a big hit on Friday after reports said the biggest brokerage sought to delay billions of dollars of losses on troubled assets by moving them to hedge funds...
"We have increasingly lost confidence in the financials of Merrill, especially after the sudden increase in (collateralized debt obligation) write-downs," Deutsche Bank analyst Mike Mayo said in a note issued on Friday. He cut his rating on Merrill shares to "buy" and said the company might need to find a partner to restore credibility and financial strength...
Already, the company faces a shareholder lawsuit seeking class-action status over the write-downs and legal experts say more could be on the way.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Just read about this, definatly makes me re-think my position on Merrill Lynch; I actually liked this company; they had a good dividend and where considered a good company. Delaying this could possibly be more dangerous for the economy as a whole than if they had just of written all of it off at once. Instead of us sustaining a drop of say, 500 points or so, or less, who really knows, this will now be apparently spread over a few periods, or possibly hit all at once, who knows these days.

new topics

join