It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan 9 from outer space: CIA feared alien invasion more than soviet nuclear attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Plan 9 from outer space: CIA feared alien invasion more than soviet nuclear attack

www.smh.com.au

In January 1979, The New York Times reported that despite repeated, feverish denials, the CIA had indeed investigated the UFO phenomenon: "CIA Papers Detail UFO Surveillance" screamed the headline.
This year a raft of newly unclassified CIA documents revealed that the remote possibility of alien invasion elicited greater fear than the threat of a Soviet nuclear attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is this even a surprise to people anymore? Despite repeated declassified documents which show that our government takes UFO's seriously, we still have blanket denial from them. It's gotten to the point where they would deny their existence even if one was floating above them during a press conference.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

MORE from source:

More interesting still, the CIA documents show that despite decades of repeated public denials, behind the scenes there raged a series of inter-agency feuds that involved the highest levels of the US government.

A secret 1995 report was titled: CIA's role in the study of UFOs 1947-90: a diehard issue. Collated and written by Gerald Haines, the CIA's National Reconnaissance Office historian, its detailed summary of CIA involvement inadvertently undermined its "UFOs-don't-exist" conclusion. The document begins with a June 24, 1947, report from the pilot Kenneth Arnold, who spotted nine unidentified objects near Mount Rainier, Washington state, travelling at an estimated 1600 kmh

The entire article is an excellent read.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by xEphon]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yep, no further proof of their lies are necessary. Its not only NASA who is into the cover up, this goes all the way up in the highest level of government.

I feel its a shame that they are keeping people in the dark. For 70 years soon.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great find, I'll read the story.

Interesting that it's 17 years since the CIA files on UFOs were open, what's been up since? Reading Hoagland's new book shows what special-interest (as well as Nazis in past positions) money and government involvement turn NASA into -- they do admit to serving as a defensive agency but in their mission statement, they also claim to "explore" space -- try getting the ISS working and retire the damn shuttle -- not until 2010?! There really could be another foam incident before it's all said and done.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Yeah I really need to get that book. It sounds very interesting.

I can feel the winds of change blowing hard right now... every truth is challenged. The economy is crashing. The politicians are showing how corrupt they are. The private bankers are getting exposed. The media lies are exposed. The UFO cover up is getting exposed. Can you feel it? We are going on a ride... fasten your seatbelt.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Definately.
I have yet to read the book. Hopefully it lives up to the hype =]

[edit on 2-11-2007 by xEphon]

new topics

top topics

join