It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To eat meat or not? My thoughts and theories.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Eat the damn meat. Everything kills...even the air we breath. Who knows WHAT particles are floating in that air!

Everything in moderation! Don't scarf down a 20 oz. ribeye with mashed potatoes every night. Mix it up.....

But I will say this: there is nothing like a really good, rare steak. A nice prime ribeye, t-bone or porterhouse......BLOODY!!

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Hi angry person who doesnt like me and seeks out my posts to be in opposition to me, in essence riding me as a foe for your own benefit of looking good by pointing at me?

There is a strong, viable, theory in Science that Human beings made the "big step" from primitive to modern by eating more meats in their diet over time, which resulted in much more protein than they had been used to. Over millenia upon millenia, elevated PROTEIN levels have a way of .. building cells in your body, like the brain.

I dont know if its true, i dont really care. I just know that it is normal and healthy to eat a small bit of meat each day. I know switching to absolutely no meat can make a person feel ill, for lack of a better word, for a few days until their body changes over.

Furthermore, Vegans have to take all kinds of supplements and eat fancy foods high in protein made from soy and other beans and things of that nature like tofu, to make up for the lack of protein you need.

Theres nothing oblivious about this honey

Your family doc will likely tell you the same.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
These children from Nigeria suffer from a lack of protein brought on by malnutrition brought on by a lack of food stuffs, notably those with protein, such as meats, beans and nuts. In Nigeria this condition is known as Kwashiorkor.

Notice the greying of the hair and the strange body shape, much like a grey alien with a pot belly. This is from no protein to build the bodies basic muscle tissues, and (of course) its from a lack of body fat as well.

However, too much protein intake can cause kidney disease, because protein, being that wonderful thing which it is, can also be converted by the body into raw carbohydrate, or energy. But, when there is entirely too much protein to break down into carb, the nitrogen released by this breakdown can affect the kidneys in a negative manner.

I'd imagine you'd need to be drinking 10 work out protein shakes a day for that to happen.

[edit on 11/3/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I'm a pretty sharp guy and I've never heard anything like that in my life. I could see how adapting to a partial meat diet would create the need for advanced forms of technology, but I don't think "eating meat" made the human species any more intelligent. It'd be hard to say, one way or another due to the circumstances given. I am fine with our ancestors being omnivores, and if you ever find that information again, throw it my way. I would be glad to look over it and give my thoughts.

And understand I don't hate you, I don't even dislike you, and I'm not that angry of a person. I just think you have a ridiculously convoluted perspective on things regarding religion, geopolitics, terrorism, diet, with special regards to your view on Islam. However, I think you're an overall nice guy, and you seem to be pretty polite to other members, including myself before this.

Don't take it to heart.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
didn't mean to not be polite, its just hard to when someone is calling your posts oblivious and it has been the 3rd or 4th time you went after a recent post of mine. im sorry, i get paranoid.

well, hopefully in 20 years, this "war on terrrer" will have worked because if it didnt, would you not agree it is a plausable theory to think that just maybe the islamic immigrant communities throughout Europe and maybe US/Canada would become more and more radicalized by the police powers being pushed onto them, the discrimination and the suspicion toward them?

now i undestand both ends. police have to use their uber powers to pick out arab looking folks and asian folks to profile them etc, i dont like it but if the group is indeed terrorist affiliated, then it is okay to eavesdrop all youd like.

The question becomes, does the Govt use these powers on non-terrorist citizens? and up to this point without just a couple of exceptions, I havent seen it happening much in the criminal and judicial system when it comes to prosecuting a defendant who is an american citizen with no foreign terror ties.

So believe me, I am not totally ant-Islam. I've just read the Koran, and know what it says, and it basically says .. that Jews got it wrong through idolatry and disobediance to God, Christians got it wrong through corruption of the texts and Idolization of Jesus into a God-entity, and they the Muslims have it right with their book. my beliefs really honestly are closer to Islam than Christianity. I think Jews, Christians, Muslims, and Atheists, and Pagans, if they live good lives and make good works of their hands, will be judged as righteous and enter the Kingdom, simple as that. and yes, that makes me Heretical. But I dont care! The truth sets you free. How many Christians do you know that will say you can get to Heaven without embracing Jesus as your *personal savior*, that he wasnt human God in flesh? I still say he was the Son of God's (action), but not of God's "sperm". God has no "sperm", hes not a man.

Last thing about Islam. I dont hate Islam, and I hope to see some adherants in Heaven, the ones that didn't go out and aimlessly kill their fellow brothers just to *try* to nick an american with a shrapnel, killing tons of civilians but hardly ever any troops. Thats murder plain and simple. Whats sad is, they think the Koran explicitly gives them this ability. See, like all Holy Books, I have read the Koran. And in it, it does indeed state that during a Jihad, *any* muslim that dies during an attempt to kill infidels goes to paradise. So they take this, and twist it and say, all innocent muslim bystanders killed by our jihad bombs in civilian areas against armored US patrols and checkpoints died in Jihad and will goto paradise, so its okay to kill muslims now, so long as it is indirectly and the "target" was the infidel. Now isn't that incredibly twisted, or as you say, convoluted, as a religious practice taken and made extreme through interpretation and application?

Sorry, to get back on topic, I dont see why my opinions to eating are so .. convoluted as you put it. Eating 10% red meat in a day is healthy! Thats a nice, low amount, like 1 small roast beef sandwich and that would be al the red meat for the entire day. How is that so bad?

Also, I really dont know enough about the protein theory. My mother's husband is an aerospace engineer nerd that works for the government (dont tell anyone! haha) and he told me about it because he knows alot about .. everything pretty much. its almost annoying, wait, it is! I will look for some info on it and let you know when i find it.

But, apparently early humans were more gatherers than hunters. Before we developed weapons, like spears and throwing sticks and so forth, we didnt go after large prey to kill and eat. So we got very little, sometimes no, meat.

Then, when technology slowly began moving along, weapons came along, then communication/organization during hunting, and then they could finally kill big animals to eat. These large animals, equivalent to todays cows i guess, sustained the entire human race in most parts of the inhabited world for 10's of thousands of years.

[edit on 11/4/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

i have been into martial arts my entire life.

i started with tae kwon do when i was a kid...did the structured style...got a little older and started wrestling in school. from there i got into muay thai and was doing other grappling too.

this was in florida. wrestling and catch wrestling and such is big down there.
i have a pretty serious back injury so i an't roll anymore but i still try to stay as involved as posible.couple years ago whenmy bro was still in high school, i'd go to the gym and help some of the guys with certain things. they had an after hours type club where it was freestyle so i would go there and show some of the guys on the high school team some other stuff.

now though, i just watch my mma

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

didn't mean to not be polite, its just hard to when someone is calling your posts oblivious and it has been the 3rd or 4th time you went after a recent post of mine. im sorry, i get paranoid.

You weren't, and I apologize if I came off like a jerk. Don't get me wrong, I'm a total #hole in real life, but I don't think it's necessary to be rude in discussion and might have blown things out of porportion.

well, hopefully in 20 years, this "war on terrrer" will have worked because if it didnt, would you not agree it is a plausable theory to think that just maybe the islamic immigrant communities throughout Europe and maybe US/Canada would become more and more radicalized by the police powers being pushed onto them, the discrimination and the suspicion toward them?

That's exactly what they want people to think. "Just give us more time!" What are we facing now? A war that has seem to endlessly drag on for the past 5 years after it was "officially" over in 3 months. And Islam has been around since 600 C.E. And the modern muslim population has exploded due to it being the fastest growing religion in the world without a increase in terrorism. And your assertations are totally correct, and I feel exactly the same way. Even though I don't remember you posting such a thing concerning Islam, I will agree with you here and now, because that's the exact reason they're suspicious of us. Our media has done a fantastic job at making us suspicious of our brothers and sisters from every walk of life. They want want us to have a preconceived notion about those we really know nothing about. Just fear, fear, fear, and that can be detrimental to any people anywhere, not just Muslims, you know?

now i undestand both ends. police have to use their uber powers to pick out arab looking folks and asian folks to profile them etc, i dont like it but if the group is indeed terrorist affiliated, then it is okay to eavesdrop all youd like.

What's the purpose of discrimination? Honestly? There has been as many terror attacks from white people in the U.S. and England than there has ever been Arab or Persian. These people that are doing this kind of profiling have fallen victim to this "fear this specific thing!" rhetoric, and that's a bad thing because if we're not united, we will fail as a species.

The question becomes, does the Govt use these powers on non-terrorist citizens? and up to this point without just a couple of exceptions, I havent seen it happening much in the criminal and judicial system when it comes to prosecuting a defendant who is an american citizen with no foreign terror ties.

I think that's only a small portion of it though. It's not necessarily the police, it's everywhere. There are 7,000,000 million Muslims in the U.S. that see their image being portrayed in a negative fashion almost every single day. Is that fair? I can tell you right now, muslims that I've met on my travels are some of the most loving people I've ever met. So loving it makes you feel creepy sometimes.. That goes for others as well, but I've been lucky enough to run into the most warm hearted people in my life and a lot of them just so happen to be Muslim. When I see this constant programming on T.V. calling for us to be suspicious of muslims or "terrorists," and I think about being housed and fed for nothing by the very same people that are being portrayed as "terrorists." If we continue down that path, I don't know if it will be the same way, I know the tension is definitely increasing in the U.S. since all the hyping of Iran. Mischaracterizations like these can be harmful to ALL of society, not necessarily just Muslims.

So believe me, I am not totally ant-Islam. I've just read the Koran, and know what it says, and it basically says .. that Jews got it wrong through idolatry and disobediance to God, Christians got it wrong through corruption of the texts and Idolization of Jesus into a God-entity, and they the Muslims have it right with their book. my beliefs really honestly are closer to Islam than Christianity. I think Jews, Christians, Muslims, and Atheists, and Pagans, if they live good lives and make good works of their hands, will be judged as righteous and enter the Kingdom, simple as that. and yes, that makes me Heretical. But I dont care! The truth sets you free. How many Christians do you know that will say you can get to Heaven without embracing Jesus as your *personal savior*, that he wasnt human God in flesh? I still say he was the Son of God's (action), but not of God's "sperm". God has no "sperm", hes not a man.

Every faith thinks the others are wrong. Muslims aren't wrong, as aren't Christians, or Jews. that's just the nature of the beast. And your thoughts on "heaven" are irregular to say the least, and I think they're actually really productive. Seeing as how most condem you to hell even if you're a good person.. I think that's definitely a big step from orthodox beliefs.

Last thing about Islam. I dont hate Islam, and I hope to see some adherants in Heaven, the ones that didn't go out and aimlessly kill their fellow brothers just to *try* to nick an american with a shrapnel, killing tons of civilians but hardly ever any troops. Thats murder plain and simple. Whats sad is, they think the Koran explicitly gives them this ability. See, like all Holy Books, I have read the Koran. And in it, it does indeed state that during a Jihad, *any* muslim that dies during an attempt to kill infidels goes to paradise. So they take this, and twist it and say, all innocent muslim bystanders killed by our jihad bombs in civilian areas against armored US patrols and checkpoints died in Jihad and will goto paradise, so its okay to kill muslims now, so long as it is indirectly and the "target" was the infidel. Now isn't that incredibly twisted, or as you say, convoluted, as a religious practice taken and made extreme through interpretation and application?

Well, the Qu'ran is as intricate as any religious book. Packed with a bunch of hypocritical writings. And if you must have misinterpereted the idea behind "Jihad" in your reading as well. Jihad is more of a western term to hype fear than it is a real one to the Muslims. Jihad means "To be determined" or "hard work." The Jihad is a personal struggle, as anything concerning fighting or taking up arms is more a "Qital." The "smaller Jihad" is about social injustices. But I've noticed a pattern of justified violence in all Abrahamic religions. It's obvious the justified violence lay at fault to the previous generations of the same faith. Another example of history repeating itself....

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Also, I really dont know enough about the protein theory. My mother's husband is an aerospace engineer nerd that works for the government (dont tell anyone! haha) and he told me about it because he knows alot about .. everything pretty much. its almost annoying, wait, it is! I will look for some info on it and let you know when i find it. But, apparently early humans were more gatherers than hunters. Before we developed weapons, like spears and throwing sticks and so forth, we didnt go after large prey to kill and eat. So we got very little, sometimes no, meat. Then, when technology slowly began moving along, weapons came along, then communication/organization during hunting, and then they could finally kill big animals to eat. These large animals, equivalent to todays cows i guess, sustained the entire human race in most parts of the inhabited world for 10's of thousands of years.

You can't contribute evolution to diet alone, nor can you do the same with technology. If that were true, a full spectrum of carnivores should have developed rapidly as well, if we were single handedly contributing diet with phsyical and mental growth. We're smart and were able to learn because we're on top. We through chance were given the opportunity to develop speech, special skills, and eventually a steady growth in all aspects. And nomadic humanoids have been around for the better part of 7 million years, all the time eating whatever we could. Ingenuity for survival plays a primary role, not just "eating meat." That's a lie.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join