It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic and Christian Attempt to Rule The World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Since 9/11, it has become apparent that the "war on terror" is little more than a religious war. Let's take a look at what these two religions have wrought in their history.

Crusades

Inquisition

"Witch" Trials

Islamic Fundamentalism

Christian Fundamentalism

The list goes on and on... Now, let me remind you that I am Christian in the sense that I believe in Jesus Christ, the Divine. However, when I look at the world and I see what is happening, my blood boils.

To deny that the "war on terrorism" is a religious war, is to deny the truth. That is something that I will not do.

Rumsfeld defends general who commented on war and Satan

Friday, October 17, 2003 Posted: 10:22 PM EDT (0222 GMT)

An American general who frames the war on terror as a religious crusade is taking some heat from critics. CNN's Barbara Starr reports. (October 16)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are defending a new deputy undersecretary of defense "who has reportedly cast the war on terror" in religious terms.
Taking Heat For Stating The Truth

The General took heat for stating the fact that the whole "war on terrorism" was nothing more or less than a renewed crusade. I wonder who his biggest critics were? I bet they were Islamic and Christian practitioners. How much you want to bet? Yet, deep down, we all know what it is.

Islam and Christianity both perceive their stranglehold on the spiritual life of individuals beginning to diminish. So, what better way to try and regain membership than to have a war? After all, war is the most provocative way of getting the attention of the masses.

However, what those who designed this war don't realize is that this will be the death knell of mainstream Islam and Christianity. Instead of it gaining them "converts," it's going to gain them more hatred than they had before. Rightfully so.

These two religions are putting the whole world at risk of nuclear annihilation. What is "Holy" of "Godlike" about such an action. Yet, both of these religions claim to be the "holiest of holy" religions.
Yeah, I hear ya. (Sarcastically)

Before 9/11, I was rather accepting of all beliefs and ideologies, but, since 9/11, my opinion of both Islam and Christianity has changed drastically. I used to view Christians as being, for the most part, people who wanted to know the truth, despite not really making a real effort to learn on their own. I viewed Muslims as being, while warlike, generally fairly decent. No more.

I have developed, and develop with each passing day, an indignation for the mainstream aspects of these two religions. Their followers are spilling out vitriolic statements daily, and they are adding fuel to a fire that is already burning out of control. Little do they know, it is to their own detriment.

When the forces of light rise to fight the two dark forces that these institutions have come to represent, the fun and games will be over. It'll happen.. I just pray that it happens speedily.

I have had this on my mind for the last three years now. It has been eating away at me, and I can't take it anymore. People need to realize what is really happening in this world and so many, so, so many don't even have a clue. The ironic part is that it's as obvious as the nose on one's face, yet, we refuse to see it.

There for a long time I thought, "No way is Christianity doing this," but yes, Christianity is just as much a player in this as Islam is..
It infuriates me, and it should infuriate any individual who bothers to think for him/her self.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Christianity and Islam are being twisted for the uses of those whom claim to be either christian or islamic.

The religion in itself is not to blame, anymore so than the political processes that should in theory be more powerful than the religion.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
Christianity and Islam are being twisted for the uses of those whom claim to be either christian or islamic.

The religion in itself is not to blame, anymore so than the political processes that should in theory be more powerful than the religion.

Throbber, at one time, I would have agreed with that. I have read parts of the Koran, I couldn't stomach the whole thing and I am quite familiar with Christianity and the fundamentalist bent on it, and I have to say that those who practice these two religions in today's age, are being a detriment to society as a whole. As I stated before, to deny what is happening in today's world, is to deny the truth.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have developed, and develop with each passing day, an indignation for the mainstream aspects of these two religions. Their followers are spilling out vitriolic statements daily, and they are adding fuel to a fire that is already burning out of control. Little do they know, it is to their own detriment.

the mainstream aspects of either religion are just people, sounds to me like your assuming the extremists are the mainstream because they shout the loudest. by doing so you are in danger of becoming extremist in response, which in my opinion is a dangerous road to travel.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Just as the majority of the Christians don't have a fundementalist perspective on their religion, either do the Muslims. There's two very extreme ends of the spectrum and the majority of the religions being found somewhere in between. Religion is only dangerous in these two realms and shouldn't be judged harshly for the actions of a minority.

Coming from a heathen, mind you.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Deadflags, I'm just sick, I guess... I am so tired of everything getting worse and worse... All of the world's problems seem to be centered around one of two things. Religion or politics...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Nature of the beast, my friend. No sense in getting worked up about something you don't plan on impacting. I don't sweat it and either should you.

"The righteous always find higher ground."

Something to live by while the rats eat at eachother. Probably something I should adhere to on a lower level at ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Deadflags, it's just not easy for me to stand idly back and watch the world crumble right before me. When I see a culprit, or a perceived culprit, it is my nature to say something about it. Mind you, this is something that has been brooding and rolling around in my mind for the last three years... I have made numerous allusions to it on many threads, but this is really the first time that I laid my true feelings out in the open... If it offends anyone, all I can say is that "It's too bad and I'm sorry."

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Christians and Muslims already rule the world. They attempted it, and it worked. The Christians did it with New World gold, and the Muslims did it with oil. This is no surprise.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nohup, in all honesty, you have pretty much summed it up. I guess it just angers me that they are trying to fortify their position...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Just like your beliefs should only be composed with moderation and understanding, so should theirs, you know? It is a crazy, # up world out there right now, but preaching to the choir isn't going to have one single significant impact on the issue you're trying to address. Sure, it sets a tone with us and our understanding of what you believe and how you think becomes clear, but outside of that your assertation doesn't have any effect on anybody or anything.

You should start thinking in terms of the bigger picture how you can reach a demographic that you could create change and influence within. A website, a zine, something that reaches people who don't normally have these issues on their mind. Then you are creating change! With us... Meh... We're jaded. We've heard it all, and guess what? We couldn't agree more.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Dead, I understand your point. I suppose I just post some things on here hoping that a passer-by comes through and "Says, wow..."
You know? However, yeah, you're right. Unless I develop a web site or radio program or something to get my point out there, I'm just really blowing into the wind.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not a day goes by without some christian posting something at ATS that goes in the direction of "other people have to change their beliefs". Just today I read a post by some christian who does not want his sons to become freemasons because "only jesus words are the truth".
The whole religious attitude of "I am absolutely RIGHT and you are wrong" infuriates me to no end.

So I understand your anger, I share it. But then, I know in my heart that it is me who is at fault when getting tooooooooooooo angry about it. Because I am then displaying the intolerance I blame those christians and muslims for.

So, to keep myself in balance I have decided that "a little anger" is ok, because anger is a rebellion against whats wrong. "Too much anger", anger that turns into attacking others or an anti-christian obsession (as some ATS-posters display!) is not appropriate for me.

Also, I must remind myself (as DeadFlagBlues points out) that there are moderate christians and muslims...plenty of them...probably the MAJORITY of them. We just dont HEAR about them BECAUSE they are moderate.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

So, to keep myself in balance I have decided that "a little anger" is ok, because anger is a rebellion against whats wrong. "Too much anger", anger that turns into attacking others or an anti-christian obsession (as some ATS-posters display!) is not appropriate for me.

You know what's really funny, Skyfloating, as much anger as I have towards some of their beliefs, I have and will, for the day will come when I have to, fight for their right to believe as they wish. If a politician were to say, "I'm going to dismantle the institutions of Islam and Christianity because they are trouble," I would fight him to the death... Yes, skyfloating, some of the anti-Christian and Muslim stuff on here is horrendous...

I mean, some will label this thread as being both anti-Muslim and Christian, but I look at it as more like calling to people's attention what is happening.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What IS happening is that at the CORE of all wars are beliefs about being right vs. the other wrong.

You will have some clowns come to this thread and say: "Its not religion causing this, but what humans have MADE of religion".

This is wrong, because its religions themselves that preach "we are right, they are wrong".

And yes, this is what is happening.

And yes, I agree with you that I would stand up for their rights to believe their stuff. Because the antithesis to religion...atheism or satanism, can be just as fanatic and cruel.

"If you dont believe in freedom of speech for people you dislike, you dont believe in freedom of speech at all".

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Agreed. The choice to be good as opposed to bad is entirely a personal one. No religion can dictate who or what you become.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Skyfloating, true. Some of the comments that I have heard some atheists make have been not only, in my opinion, false, but downright hateful. So, you're probably right. I have often said that if we weren't fighting over religion, we'd be fighting over something else. It just amazes me that the Abrahamic religions have such a history of it. I mean, trying to compare the history of the Abrahamic religions to say, Buddhism, is like trying to compare a sinner to a saint. I don't mean to be cliche, but that's what it's like.

The Abrahamic have a much more violent history than any of the other religions, to my knowledge. I suppose that boils down to the elitist attitude of "We're right and everyone else is wrong," the Abrahamic religions have.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Well, that's true. However, I have often wondered what morality originally derived from. Some people claim that people have a natural proclivity to be moral, I don't necessarily think that is empirically true.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is just my opinion.

I'm not entirely sure the ‘war on terror’ is a religious war. I believe religion is but a smoke screen for a deeper, more insidious plan. Religion has always been a strong motivator.

So what better means of concealing one agenda, than by wrapping it up in another? Let’s set one against the other in order to achieve our objective: divide and conquer.

I am not saying religious fundamentalism doesn't play a part in this conflict..it was a problem long before 911. But I do not think religious fundamentalism is the principal driving force. Neither am I saying that religion is be default a bad thing, rather it can be corrupted and manipulated to great effect.

There is much to be gained from setting one against the other.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Nohup, in all honesty, you have pretty much summed it up. I guess it just angers me that they are trying to fortify their position...

When faced with insurmountable opposition, you essentially have these choices. You can die, you can join them, you can passively submit, or you can live the rest of your life fighting something against which you can never win. Tough choices.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join