It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you that don't believe in reincarnation, explain this...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Now, I myself am Christian and Mystic (Christian Mystic) so for me in my experiences and frames of knowledge it's not a bid deal whether it is or isn't.

But I am very interested to see what you all have to say about this.

Opinions?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think its very cool.

People will say she makes this up and so on, but I find that very unlikely myself. Reincarnation have been parts of religions for thousands of years.

Most of us dont remember our earlier lifes though. Its strange that some people seem to have memories from it at birth.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Well there is certainly no way to prove it's true or false, if that's what you're asking. It is interesting though. If a hoax, someone went to a lot of trouble. Perhaps they should ask her some personal questions, such as ssn, etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just thought it was interesting. I'm not leaning one way or another....

They call me the fence walker.

This 4 year old girl that was on Oprah was dope. She was 3 when she astarted talking about God and her parents are/were athiests at the time. She also got mad skills painting heavenly realms and such.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Was there a big ball of ice that had killed a national astronaut? I believe in natural reincarnation. A transfer of flesh to dirt, bacteria, bugs, decomposition, etc... But this... Nah..

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hey there dominicus.

Very interesting story especially when its an account from a young child. Personally I 'DO' believe in reincarnation ... to date I've spontaneously recalled 3 of my own past-lives, without hypnosis or any other kind of regression therapy. The first time this happened was 15yrs ago.

On that occasion I remembered a lifetime in the north of Cornwall (England), during the 17th century. The memories came back to me (sometimes in steady trickles ... sometimes in great torrents), over a two year period and the flashbacks were rarely in sequence so it was a bit like fixing a jigsaw puzzle together.

Once I felt I had the full picture I researched as many of the details that I could, to prove to myself that my memories were real. I was so convinced by the things that I discovered, that I've been working as a 'Past-life Regression Therapist' for over 10yrs now.

No two clients are the same ... but I've heard some amazing accounts in my time. What's more, I've only ever come across two people who could not remember anything (except a sense of floating). I couldn't help wondering if maybe they were new spirits, who didn't actually have any other lifetimes to recall because this was their first incarnation !

Just to give an example without breaking client confidetiality;

* A couple of years ago I had a client who gave a very detailed account of a lifetime where he'd lived in Norway (200yrs ago), he'd got lost during a hunting trip and suffered severe frostbite ... eventually dying of exposure. When we'd finished the session this guy had to sit with his feet on the heater for nearly an hour (they were so cold) ... yet it was a hot day in July !

The sceptics will no doubt be jostling for position to inform me that this is no more than the result of 'subliminal suggestion' ... so let me assure those people, that I personally do not use deep hypnotic trance (where it's all too easy to plant a suggestion in the mind of a client ... intentionally or otherwise).

I developed a technique for regression therapy, that allows my clients to have an experience thats as close to 'spontaneous recall' as its possible to get. The conscious-mind still observes but doesn't interfere with the responses given by the subconcious-mind.

From the hundreds of people that I've regressed over the last decade, I find my method produces 'cleaner' recall and also takes away the anxiety felt by some first-timers

I absolutely love my job ... I get to travel the world on a daily basis, without leaving the comfort of my office. But more importantly all my clients gain benefits from their recall experience ... even the ones that only come out of simple curiosity !

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Deadflagblues,
The girl is claiming that she used to be the astronaut from the shuttle discovery that blue up and killed everyone aboard a while back.

Woodwytch,
Very interesting reply. How can I get into this line of work?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

* A couple of years ago I had a client who gave a very detailed account of a lifetime where he'd lived in Norway (200yrs ago), he'd got lost during a hunting trip and suffered severe frostbite ... eventually dying of exposure. When we'd finished the session this guy had to sit with his feet on the heater for nearly an hour (they were so cold) ... yet it was a hot day in July !

I would love to see cases like this and that little girl where they can speak or write in a language they do not know, or have knowledge that they could not have learned such as a profession of their former life. If this little girl could speak English where she was never taught and knew of words, ideas or pictures of her former job as a powered-lift computational fluid dynamics expert, or maybe information of her former life that her former parents could recall, or even her first space launch this could really validate that she has information/knowledge that would be almost impossible to have. One thing to remember those on board knew nothing of their fate, or that it was ice that did them in.

I think the mind is amazing, but almost too amazing in it can do so much that it may trick us into thinking it is doing something outside of its abilities when in fact it is not.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I think the mind is amazing, but almost too amazing in it can do so much that it may trick us into thinking it is doing something outside of its abilities when in fact it is not.

I'm not sure how the brain plays any role in remembering past lives.

As for reincarnation, a simple test would be to prove the existence of said person that they claim to be the reincarnation of, and ask the individual questions only that person would of known.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
To give my view on this question,

How could this be explained as other then reincarnation. I would purpose the possibility the spirit of the women who died is speaking through her.

The above poster that commented about speaking languages she would not know, I like, I have even used this myself in arguments, until I came up with the counter argument. Conversation of spirit may transcend the actual mechanism of language, it may be the thought is created in the soul, then goes out to the language creation/translation centers.

However, someone should ask her how astronauts go to the bathroom in zero G. That seems to be a common astronaut question
an interview with questions like that would go along way to silence skeptics. Science information may not be transferable also, it may come out in images or objects the child understands like ice balls instead of insulation or ice damaging cooling tiles.

On a side note, if you ever thing some alien or government is beaming words at you, turn on a non (your language) TV channel and ask the voice to translate, this really eliminates the whole microwave HARP talking to a person claims.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Just to add to that, Alex Collier said a woman from Tennessee contacted him, she has a child who came to her one day and said "you know, mom, If I were to reverse engineer a nuclear bomb and explode it, it would draw all the radiation out of here." The kid was six years old.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Started talking about her past life at 3 with her illiterate parents. Obviously they werent teaching her.

Seems credible at face value, I believe anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
To give my view on this question,

How could this be explained as other then reincarnation. I would purpose the possibility the spirit of the women who died is speaking through her.

The above poster that commented about speaking languages she would not know, I like, I have even used this myself in arguments, until I came up with the counter argument. Conversation of spirit may transcend the actual mechanism of language, it may be the thought is created in the soul, then goes out to the language creation/translation centers.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Redge777]

This is the first reasonable counter-arguement, and to be honest it sounds far more likely that another spirit is speaking through the child than the child realising it's past life at that age.

It may be the case that the news media has seized upon this as a good story, as they tend to do these days.

As for ATruGod, just because they were illiterate doesn't mean they cannot lie to her.

lies-to-children can have quite a serious affect on the development of the child's mind, after all - especially when they're young.

Do i deny that the child is a reincarnation?

No.

But nor do i deny that there may be other forces at play here.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I take everything with a grain of salt, I believe in natural reincarnation as another poster mentioned (the elements that make up the body return to where they came and continue anew)

"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

I don't believe the 'I' that I know as myself will continue after death, as it is a product of the brain. there is no irreducible "self" tying these lives together; and that all compounded things are subject to dissolution, including all the components of the human person and personality. At the death of one personality, a new one comes into being, much as the flame of a dying candle can serve to light the flame of another

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
This is the first reasonable counter-argument, and to be honest it sounds far more likely that another spirit is speaking through the child than the child realizing it's past life at that age.

I understand that's a possibility, but I would like to know why you think it's more likely?

At 3 years old, the ways of society are not entrenched in your belief systems yet. You're in the purest, unbiased form in those ages.

I'd bet are tons of children out there who can remember things from past lives, but their parents don't listen to them.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior
I don't believe the 'I' that I know as myself will continue after death, as it is a product of the brain. there is no irreducible "self" tying these lives together; and that all compounded things are subject to dissolution, including all the components of the human person and personality. At the death of one personality, a new one comes into being, much as the flame of a dying candle can serve to light the flame of another

There simply is no proof of that, and it's not a fact. We don't even really have a thorough understanding of what consciousness really is.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

There was no Discovery that blew up. Only the Columbia in 2003, and it was hardly by a space iceberg. This is just weird talk from a little girl that was BLOWN completely out of porportion by the residents for whatever reason. I bet we can't guess which ones..

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I don't know if this is real, but if the astronaut past life, or spirit gave her some indication of what happened, it may get translated and limited by what her brain already knows.

So ice chunk, might be the foam from the insulation hitting the tiles, or how about this. An ice chunk. is very close to a cooling tile. If the spirit transfered imagery or thought of a "cooling tile was damaged", how far is that from "ice ball hitting".

Just a thought, personally I think it could be parent training also.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

The only things you need from your past life are your instincts.

Anything else is just baggage.

I'm not denying that this child is the real deal, i'm just saying that she's being a little naive about it, as children generally are.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Redge, I totally respect your opinion, and tend to agree with you to some extent on other issues but not this one. We were all kids and had the very same delusions. It's called childhood imagination. You see a lot of "paranormal" events from regions like this because these small claims are so openly accepted, while in our own societies they would be scrutinized until "proven." And I'm not necessarily saying that taking all the wonder out of the world is a good thing or in some cases, a constructive thing, it just is what it is.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join