It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cashing In on Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Cashing In on Terror

www.truthdig.com

Not to stoke any of the inane conspiracy theories running wild on the Internet, but if Osama bin Laden wasn’t on the payroll of Lockheed Martin or some other large defense contractor, he deserves to have been. What a boondoggle 9/11 has been for the merchants of war, who this week announced yet another quarter of whopping profits made possible by George Bush’s pretending to fight terrorism by throwing money at outdated Cold War-style weapons systems.

Lockheed Martin, the nation’s top weapons manufacturer, reaped a 22 percent increase in profits, while rivals for the defense buck, Northrop Grumman and General Dynamics, increased profits by 62 percent and 22 percent, respectively. Boeing’s profits jumped...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.truthout.org

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Bin Laden and Al-Qaida have bin to the Millitary Industrial Complex, what not even the world's other, now defunct superpower, was capable of, namely keeping demands for renewal and suplies hot for most of a decade now. That man alone is his weight worth in gold a thousand times.

In fact it is so incredible that more than a twist of faith and the turn of time must have been in play here. At least I'm highly suspicious about the whole show, how it came about.

The Papa Bush era with Dick Cheney as head of DoD, saw severe cuttings in the military budget for high-ticket planes and ships designed to fight the no-longer-existent Soviet military. Iraq was not a ball to push around (yet) for the elder Bush, who never thought to turn the then very real aggression of Saddam Hussein into an enormously expensive quagmire. He both defeated Hussein and cut the military budget.

Without a Muhaedjin movement, the Iraq war would have a hard time to keep on churning. They were the well trained and motivated fighters standing ready in the corridor, when the post 911 wars were launched.

That they were trained, aided and organised by the CIA in the fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan is pretty much a fact.

Could it be a fact as well, that the MOTIVE to let 911 happen to lie in a wish from the MIC...? you know the industry has connections to all kind of agencies of government. Could they have done a little lobbying?

I think so.

This is of course purely CT thinking of my own.

www.truthdig.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Umm... the writer of this article needs to brush up on his terminology.

Boondoggle (project) – slang term for a scheme that wastes time and money

I think he meant simply "boon".

Other than that, very valid points.
The war on Terror has been very profitable for people vile enough to cash in on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What really pisses me off is that Bush, who is totally in bed with the M.I.C., has no motivation to end the wars that he started. Neither does most of the Republican party, for that matter. Remember this at the polls, people.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So, what do you think, should Bin Laden be on the payroll of Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics and Boeing for helping them making such historic records of earning?

Of course you think he should not, but don't you then think, that in the board rooms of these mighty corporations, he is well appreciated?

new topics

top topics

join