It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situation X: Nibiru Is a Planet bound for earth impact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is a
theoretical

situation X based off of a single 2012 CT possibility.

Classification

# Class 4 - Global impact, 1mil+ deaths, indefinite timeframe.
# Class 5 - End-Life-Event, Deaths measured in % of all life. Permanent.

What could we do to survive a planetary impact? lets use the standard scenario of Nibiru as a planet about (I believe the assumption is much MUCH larger than Earth) 4 times the size of earth.

How would you ensure your survival, or your families survival?

What would your response be? activity and reaction? or Shock and mental breakdown?

I'll go first and state for the record I would completely lose my cool if this news broke ( having a young child I do cherish every moment of time we will have together and I intend to utilize as much of that time as possible). I would assume my only option would be to sell EVERYTHING I own stock up on crappy canned food and buy my families way onto a cheap shuttle (Virgin galactic anyone?)

Seriously I have no Idea what to do in this situation.

I figured I would put the survivalists here on ATS to the test!

Thanks in advance guys!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
What could we do to survive a planetary impact? lets use the standard scenario of Nibiru as a planet about (I believe the assumption is much MUCH larger than Earth) 4 times the size of earth.

While i would love to work out how to survive in a meteorite/comet impact event, this is unfortunately implausible in your scenario for two reasons. Most pressing is, the fact that at such a size, the impacting object would destroy the earth, leaving small asteroids and other rubble in it's wake. Secondly, such a huge object would a) be visible from anywhere in the solar system, and b) anything of such size would have hit whatever it is going to hit a long time ago.

The only way to survive such a problem would be some sort of space colony.

Put down the size to a normal asteroid size,and by all means we can have a proper survivalists discussion though.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Eh......... If it happens, theres no where to run and hide.I for one ALWAYS carry a heavy duty pocket knife. I have for over 19 years now, never know when you'd need it. NEVER go anywhere with out out one. Carry one to work, carry one to church. YES its more of a tool than a weapon. If NIBIRU is coming....not much you can do, I have five kids and don't know what to do or where to go, if anywhere. but if society falls and such At least I know we could escape out to the woods and live while we had time left. One of the nice things about carrying a pocket knife, out in the woods you can use it to make a fire, build a shelter, kill animals to eat and such.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
ELE......no survival chance mate.......!

All you could do is stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye..........!

MR

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would open my "Nuclear war survival kit", that at the moment consists of a case of beer (24) and twelve-pack of 80% estonian vodka...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Survival is about being a realist: understanding the situation. The scenario you describe would probably extinguish almost all life on earth. Even the most hard core survivalist would probably face this situation with a drink and a goodbye.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If we ignore the fact that if such a planet did exist we would know about it by now. If something this size hit the earth, all that would happen is the creation of a new asteroid belt. The only survival you would need to worry about is the months/years beofre the impact which would be total anarchy.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No problem. Nasa ordered Planet-X to save us.
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

This is a
theoretical

situation X based off of a single 2012 CT possibility.

Classification

# Class 4 - Global impact, 1mil+ deaths, indefinite timeframe.
# Class 5 - End-Life-Event, Deaths measured in % of all life. Permanent.

Emphasis by me.

seeing that hawk has brought about new information that Nibiru would only be twice the size of Pluto, lets use that scenario instead. The impacting planet for the scenario is now only 1/8th the size of earth

since the survivalist here at ats thought the original scenario was improbable what would you do to survive the same situation X given the impacting planet is only 1/8th the size of the earth?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Anything that is measured in a fraction of the planet, and you're screwed.

1/8 is 12.5% the siz2 of Earth. To compare, the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs (along with 70% of all species on Earth), at it's biggest, was 10 km across, or only 0.078% the size of the Earth. You will not survive an event like that.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Anything that is measured in a fraction of the planet, and you're screwed.

1/8 is 12.5% the siz2 of Earth. To compare, the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs (along with 70% of all species on Earth), at it's biggest, was 10 km across, or only 0.078% the size of the Earth. You will not survive an event like that.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Esoterica]

this makes me a bit leery to trust ATS survivalists....

Uhhhh.... we do know that Pre-Cambrian Sea Creatures still exist, Right? Also the Mammals weren't wiped out... they hid underground...

Now would anybody be willing to take on this Situation X? or do you all declare 'defeat' on this one?

p.s. 1/8th of the planet means half of a hemisphere... while hard to fathom imagine that China was just turned into a GIANT crater...

Now... anyone care to ACTUALLY TRY this Situation X?

It meets ALL Requirements to be a situation X.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

this makes me a bit leery to trust ATS survivalists....

Uhhhh.... we do know that Pre-Cambrian Sea Creatures still exist, Right? Also the Mammals weren't wiped out... they hid underground...

Right. Except your Planet X is 2-3 orders of magnitude bigger.

p.s. 1/8th of the planet means half of a hemisphere... while hard to fathom imagine that China was just turned into a GIANT crater...

Um, no. The crater from the Chixulub Impact is 180 km across for a 10km asteroid. 1/8 the diameter of the Earth is 1500 km across. Put into a handy impact calculator...

Energy Released: 113059 billion MT (MegaTons of TNT)
(Impact that formed the Earth's Moon: 20 million billion MT)

QUAKE!! Magnitude 15.0 (largest recorded Earthquake: 9.5)
Crater Diameter: 6330.0 km
Crater Depth: 4.1 km

Collisions this energetic occurred only early in the Solar System's history.

Oh dear! It looks like all Earth's oceans are boiling! Earth will have a steam atmosphere for thousands of years!

As you can see, the crater from an impact like this is about half the diameter of the earth. The only way to survive is to get off the Earth. But where would you go?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As someone already stated I think you'd have to worry about surviving prior to the impact........!

That's of course assuming the powers that be inform the general populace of the comming catastrophe!

Global governments would of course, IMO, try and keep any scenario like this quiet if they knew there was nothing they could do about it.

MR

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It would be very hard to keep something like this quiet. Every professional and amateur astronomer with a telescope would see this thing coming, unless it's pefectly black. And even then, it would have suficent gravity that you'd notice everything else in the solar system moving in ways they shouldn't.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I can't even begin to imagine just how chaotic the world would become if something like this became known.

Can anyone here come up with any ideas as to what would happen if this scenario were to occur.

Would there be marshal law?

You could pretty much do what you wanted I would imagine.

MR

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Your going to have to reduce the size of the "object" bigtime to make this work bro...

Dont you remeber Armageddon? Roughly the size of Texas I think is what they said and it was total destruction...so maybe go with the size of a sissy state like some New England state or something then maybe it will work...But if your just going by that "planet" there is no playing Sit X with that as you can see....

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Anything over 50km and nobody would survive.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
not saying i believe this will actually happen, but looks like someone is already preparing for such scenario, or at least would be a good solution for keeping some people in power alive... right on schedule too.

www.space.com...

but if that happened, i'd say the possibility of survival would be very low.
would be like throwing a large rock from a tall building, earth would crack and split or be thrown out of orbit and everyone would either burn or freeze to death. if anybody survived.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is a new vid about Nibiru - Planet X. It seems rather convincing and tells us what will happen. There will be no impact.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure that most have seen it, and after watching it, what are your strategies and tactics?

P.S. This all is about to happen, presumably of course, in 5 years. I am going to organize a survival group and in the course of 5 years prepare this group of men and women to survive 2012. I don't know what I would have done without the Survival forum on ATS as it's a massive knowledgebase! Thank you guys.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Are you seriously worried about this? If your not you probably aren't paying attention. Ask yourselves why NASA is RIGHT NOW dedicating virtually unlimited funds on sending out space craft and probes to monitor/ impact nearby asteroids and comets. They know EXACTLY what is headed straight for us, they know they know that they don't have much time to act, so are trying desperately to implement some kind of guaranteed effective deflection strategy because they know they will most certainly not have time for a second shot. The extreme danger posed by the imminent close approach to Earth of Nibiru has those in the know very worried. Due to the current distance from earth, only those with access to very sophisticated telescopic deep space surveillance equipment know that this little slice of heaven is currently headed on a virtual collision course with Earth, and this fact is being kept under very tight wraps as long as possible for obvious reasons (re: mass panic, collapse of social order etc..)
However, as this NEO gets closer and closer and becomes more and more visible, everyone will soon begin realise that something is terribly wrong. Keep an ear out for comforting Government reassurances that all will be well, it's just a passing comet (that's appers to be getting larger every night). But rest assured that your trusted Government will most certainly not warn you, the general public, about the most horiffic threat in recorded history ever to face mankind. That an NEO around half the size of the moon, and travelling at a speed far beyond your comprehension is something like 4 short years away from crashing smack-bang into the earth and ruining your sunday lunch...

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Ascention]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Ascention]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join