It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consquences with OBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Recently I have been delving with RV and TK. Now I want to try OBE, but the fear of something going wrong prohibits me from trying it. U was wondering if there are any complications with OBEs.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
OBE's can unfortunately become permanent if you do the temporary anoxia thing or the "House" pen knife in a socket thing. Might not be anyone nearby with paddles.
Off topic, I must REALLY be on the ATS badboy list to consistently score one pointers on posts. Fairwell 3000, I almost knew thee well. Alas, parting is such sweet sorrow.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How exactly could this temporary anoxia happen because there is an experiment I want to try that involves OBE.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
With over 20 yrs in the medical field it is my understanding that most OBE's are the result of near death experiences. However, if you have an 'experiment' to reproduce such w/out the near death thing, I'd be all ears.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Out Of Body Experiences are as safe as dreaming. Don't listen to uninformed people. They even have tapes and cd's that you listen to to help you with your astral experiences.

www.bwgen.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks about the being safe part. To start things off, I believe that our country is going to go through really rough and harsh times in the near future due to the fact of our economy collapsing and results from RVing. Russell Targ mentions in one of his books that our consciousness is timeless and we can change the future based on RVing and dreaming and the future impacts our life. My experiment would involve me going back in time maybe 2 or 3 years with OBE and warning myself of what is going to happen to our country via leaving a note. I just wanted to make sure that OBE were safe before I tried it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
hey when your gone can you pick me up a coke and bring it to me...........sorry couldn't resist i have a deep problem with anyone trying to do this stuff because i can dispel it in a second if you have one go into the orion nebula and tell me or draw me what you see you get it right ill give you a chance to do something with it

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thestatue

WHAT Are you EVEN trying to imply? That you have powers above us mere mortals that can, as you said, "dispel" his OBE?

And since you know oh so much more than us, what is in the Orian Nebula, since you seem to be implying that you know.....

EDIT: Oh and BTW OP, i dont think there really is any negative side effects to an OBE, beacuse i read somewhere that possession by negative entities cannot happen due to your spritual "cord" being attached to your ethreal self and physical body at all times. Just my opinion though.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by jarheadjock]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock
i dont think there really is any negative side effects to an OBE, beacuse i read somewhere that possession by negative entities cannot happen due to your spritual "cord" being attached to your ethreal self and physical body at all times.

Spot on correct. During an OBE your "silver cord" attaches to your ethereal self, soul, spirit whatever you want to call it and it cannot be broken no matter what. The only time it does break is when you die.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jbell1011

I am interested in what kinds of things you have done during remote viewing. I have tried RV a bit, but have found I have had better success with OBE's. I also have read you can travel back and forward through time with OBE's and am curious to see how it can be done.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
hi Jbel,
sorry to toss a little reality on your 'experiment' but the fact is....when you are OOBE you can NOT hold a pen and write anything on paper. You do not HAVE a physical body with which to do this.
During OBE it is exceedingly difficult to even read letters or see numbers properly. Astral vision does NOT include the written word.
No way your EVER EVER going to go OOBE and leave yourself a note. You need a new plan.

99.9% of OOBE you have no choice whatsoever in WHERE you go and what you see..... so if your even at all successful in going back in time a couple of years just because you wish it so your one of the most powerful OOBE people on this board, and you should be telling all the rest of us how it is done.
Most people can NOT just OOBE because they want to...it takes years and years of practice and meditation.

Also keep in mind the many overlapping realities out there and the one your seeing with such dire economical trouble may not even BE the one your living in. If you are successful in going back in time you may not go back to the one your currently living in as well. It is all VERY subjective you know.

Best of luck to you.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Agreed. I have been practicing OBE's for a few years on and off and I when I travel in the astral I seem to get stuck outside my apartment door down the stairs near the main entrance. This occurrence has happened 4-5 times that I recall and whenever I have tried to go outside I get slammed back in my body.

I think there has been only 2-3 times that I can recall where I traveled great distances. 2 were when I was very young and I do not recall much about them, but 1 happened just recently. I basically felt like my entire body was in a phased cloak state moving through the ground. It was actually rather cool because most of the time I just roll out of bed or float (in the astral) and head for my apt door lol.

Anyways I remember flying all the way across the country and for some reason I kept thinking I ended up in Chicago. I wanted to test if I actually made it that far and I checked on google earth and where I was matched the geographical layout pretty damn close.

Anyways what I'm saying is that TRG is correct it takes years to learn these things and decades to master.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
yes CPYK.............if this WAS an easy thing to do it also could easily be proven and replicated.
Keep in mind Tibetan monks way up in some cave in Tibet spending an entire LIFETIME just trying to gain enough enlightenment to be able to OOBE at will........and even they say they CAN NOT do this at will except for the very old and learned Masters........

jbell........ why don't you tell us all about your RV practice?
What your doing and what your seeing? How you learned it ect? this would be fascinating as MANY can't do this and even more have never even tried...........share some of this information with us?

Here is a link to the big OOBE thread with more links, advise and how to's than I can even cope with.....if your really looking for advis, this is THE link you want, trust me................ENJOY!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-11-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Before I begin, I need to say I am not a master at RVing. I am only telling you what has worked for me. I have learned how to do this with help from a professor at my college and through the works of Russell Targ, primarily his book "Limitless Mind". In Targ's book he talks about the history of RVing and how to RV. The one thing that I must stress is meditating without it you cannot do anything. Targ also stresses this concept. The form of meditation I perform is Zen Buddhist meditation. My professor is the one who initially taught me how to this. When you meditate, you look at your feelings and thoughts. Simply, you just picture yourself sitting on a hill watching clouds. Clouds are your feelings. Do not attach yourself, rather let them go. Be an observer. Through this you can enter Satori and even Nirvana.

I suggest meditating like this for at least 15 minutes. For beginners, have someone put an object into a container and place the container in another room. Meditate until you are in a relaxed in conformable state. After you enter this state, then target the object that is in the container. Just simply tell yourself, mentally, what you want to find. Depending on how deep of meditation you are in depends on the results. Most of the time you will receive shapes and colors. According to Targ, these images will be 80% correct of the time. If you are in a deep meditative state, then chances are you will be able to receive more descriptive images and even be able to see the object perfectly. Finally, whatever images that you see must come out of nowhere and not what you think. Simply, the images must be spontaneous.

This procedure works for anything you are trying to RV. Bigger objects or events require deeper meditation than say a pencil for example. Also, numbers are extremely hard to RV. I don't know why this is the case, but Targ mentions numbers are harder to RV and people rarely are able to receive numbers. Personally, I think you can RV numbers, but it requires deeper meditation. This procedure should work a majority of the time. Also, if it don't get the object correct, do not give up. Keep practicing and it will eventually work. You must also be in a conformable area, primarily away from people, because you will put yourself under stress and that is a problem simply because you will feel the need to perform.

I have only been RVing for a couple of months, but from what my professor has said about my experiences and results, I have come quite a long way in short amount of time. Also, RVing can be time consuming so I only have a couple of RVing experiences. If anything meditate at least once a day because it can be rather enlightening even you aren't RVing. The first time I RV was not successful.

The second time I was more productive. I was lying in my bathroom floor and after about a half hour of meditating I entered the state of Satori. Upon entering this state I focused on where the next "terrorist" attack will happen.

The next time I RV, I used the same target and got the picture of a building that resembled the Empire State Building and the numbers 7230.

My most productive RV was the next time when I used yet again the same target. This time I say building and a guy looking at his watch and walking into the building. Also during this session, I was in the body of two more people. One was outside a restaurant and talking to people. I looked up and saw nothing but a mist surrounding the top floors of buildings. The other one was of a person on a bike and looking up at the sky and seeing supply boxes like the ones dropped in the middle east. I also targeted 7230 and saw people in lab coats handling chemicals.

I have also RV my girlfriend's cell when she lost it. I used RV and got shapes of a chair and found it underneath my car seat. The more you meditate the quicker you can get to higher states of consciousness. Sorry, if this is a little wordy. Finally, you must believe that you can do it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hi jbell1011,

I am currently researching heavily into the OBE state and trying to teach myself how to have one. (so far Ive only been able to do it spontaneously!
) From every book and article Ive read, & from every person I have encountered who has had an OBE, there is no danger to you or your body.

I have read though that OBE's are a life changing experience, and that your belief systems and point of views will be affected by it. (Some people would call that a danger, but I dont see it that way) I have found that I have gained the most knowledge and insight from reading Robert Monroe's books "Far Journey's" & "The Ultimate Journey". The books are a chronicle of his out of body experiences, but they do not teach one how to have an OBE.

Instead, he created the Monroe institute to do research on how other people could attain the OBE state, and thus discovered the use of sound frequencies to help guide a person into that state. He has made this available in a cd collection called the "Gateway Series" Unfortunately, it is pretty expensive and many interested people may find that they cannot afford it. (I was able to acquire it by the good luck fairy though!!
)

There are other ways to attain the OBE state that is more affordable, and I have found it best to visit a couple of websites that specialize in the topic. Also, here on ATS there is a great and very expansive thread on OBE that may prove useful to you. (If you were not already aware of it)

Honestly though, you already have a pretty good start with your ability to meditate affectively! Many people find that meditation or rather the inability to do so, is what holds them back. Fear is also another factor that can inhibit a persons ability to have an OBE. (giggle-- I am discovering that I am not as fearless as I though I was!!
)

Anyway, I wish you luck on your journey!! Here are some links that may be useful to you.

ATS "conscious Oobe Its Real!"
(This is a great thread, and even though it may take you a while, I highly suggest that you read it from the first page!)

"Far Journeys" Amazon Link
(Here is a link to a description of Mr Monroe's book. You may want to see of you can check it out at your public library, as that is where I first obtained the book. There are also links to his other books there on Amazon)

The Monroe Institue
(A link to the institute that Mr Monroe founded. You can also access the Hemi-Sync site from there.)

Astral Society Forum
(One of the best sites that I have found where people both share their OBE experiences, and also offer techniques, guides, and other material to help you have an OBE.)

I hope I was able to help you in some way and I wish you much luck and good fortune on your journeys!!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
thanks for the info. haven't really had the time with doing anything. past couple of times i have meditated i can see myself looking back at myself. if that means anything let me know.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jbell1011

This is the first step. Did you see your eyes looking back at you? This just means you have entered a deeper meditative state.

Most likely your brainwaves were in the Theta range. There are 4 main brainwave states. Beta (alert state) Alpha (Relaxed State) Theta (Trance like deep meditative state where visualizaions occur) and Delta (Deep restful sleep state).

After this, and your body is completely relaxed to the point that you basically don't even know your body is there, you will start to feel vibrations. The vibrations will get stronger and eventually you will feel like you are completely out of your body.

The funny thing is a few nights ago I had an OBE not actually trying to have one just dreaming normally and waking up in the morning. I though I was awake anyways but realized I could walk through the wall. So I walked through the wall and through my door and got outside. But I not only went through the door I went through the ground and ended up in a place I didn't want to be. Thats when I went back into my physical body.

Anyways yes what you are doing seems to be working. What I suggest is you use your remote viewing techniques but instead of focusing on a particular object focus on say a rope above your body and keep tugging on the rope until you start floating. This is a good technique and it worked very well for me.

Hope that helps. Remember you should practice this as much as possible if you wish to master astral travel.

[edit on 11-26-2007 by CPYKOmega]

top topics

join