It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war in Iraq has been won

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Surival of the fittest...That's a 20th century idea. I am a 21st century human being.

Saddam is dead now, so there's no arguing over what he would have done.

I wasn't alive in the 60s and I consider myself a libertarian thank you very much.

No war is ever won; its called a ceasefire.

Shots will continue to be fired in Iraq for years to come, American and 'terrorist'.

I love it how civilians who are defending themselves are considered terrorists.

How would you like it if some fascist nation knocked down your door and shot your father? I'd join the local militia too, #.

Wake up and smell the coffee bud, we're not meant to be in someone else's country.

If we 'freed' the Iraqi people, why are we still 'over there?' Seems to me like we're occupying a foreign state without their permission (the average civilians, not the puppet representatives).

P.S. I would have joined the Marines (I was participating in JROTC) had we not started bombing the crap out of Iraq. Semper Fidelis; always faithful. Faithful to what, freedom or fascism?

[edit on 1-11-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry guy, I might come across the wrong way here. I sounds off like I got a pair cause I DO. I dun wanna get nuked, gased or worse, forced to get on my knees 5 times a day to praise a god I don't belive in. The middle east is %$&^% up right now I think it will always be. It might be in our best intrest to bombed them back to the stone ages every once and awhile. Most of them are like animals. Convert or Die, Death to the infed and so on. If he didnt start all that crap they wouldnt have been none tossed in his lap. He got what was coming to him. The END. I* got friends over there that fight for something they belive in. Thats all that matters....A FREE Iraq.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hell, we will prolly pay for it all too. like japan! =) See, we are nice people

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle
I agree with you. We have accomplished all our objectives in Iraq

I agree aswell. I believe George Bush and the present administration have achieved all of their objectives for both the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantPanda1979
I dun wanna get nuked, gased or worse, forced to get on my knees 5 times a day to praise a god I don't belive in. The middle east is %$&^% up right now I think it will always be. Most of them are like animals. Convert or Die. If he didnt start all that crap they wouldnt have been none tossed in his lap. I* got friends over there that fight for something they belive in. Thats all that matters....A FREE Iraq.

I'm not mad at all by the way, but I am enjoying the discussion, albeit heated.

I believe you have a pair, so do most guys. Most of us are born with two, but I guess you could lose one due to cancer or such.

I don't want to get nuked either, but who do you think will be nuking us? It would be more likely a domestic nuclear silo malfunctioned than Iranians or Iraqis getting a hold of a nuclear bomb. The Russians don't want WW3, although it seems Bush is asking for it. I don't think Putin is stupid enough to sell a suitcase nuke to a 'terrorist' organization, aside from the CIA maybe dressed up as Al Qaeda.

Newsflash, the Islamic God is the same as the Christian and Jewish one; Its an Abrahamic faith.

I bet you believe in the same God, whether or not you believe in the same book is a different story.

The Middle East is messed up only because of Western Imperialism, and a gap in imperialistic power. After the Turkish Empire fell, there was a power vacuum. The British had a hold of Iraq up until fairly recently after WWI, so blame them if you want.

I see western actions as the 'fault,' same with Africa. Whites come in, divide and conquer, leave and it all goes to hell. Read some history books

Who are like animals? People? Their culture is thousands of years older than Western civilizations, so if anything, we're the uncivilized ones.

I don't know where you get your information from, but Islam is supposed to be the religion of peace.

Islamofascism is a creation as of the last twenty years, courtesy of western intelligence agencies.

US training muslim terrorists

I'm sorry you have friends over there, but that was their choice to sign up. What do soldiers do, fight? Kill people? That's what they're trained to do.

A 'free' Iraq won't happen with Western (and non-Western) troops deployed. Who do you think is doing most of the killing these days?

'Bombs over Baghdad' is right...

SAS caught staging terrorist attack

SAS Jail break

Two British members of the elite SAS arrested by Iraqi police following a gun-fight at a checkpoint are now back in British hands after a dramatic jail break pulled off by fellow soldiers.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Smalls: Semper fi man, faithful to what you ask? This country! Our intrests! Dude, I'm not worried about the rest of the world, until some madman threatens to disrupt my way of life! We are within our right to defend our freedoms no matter what the costs! That liberal view is what will be the downfall of this country! If people like you thought this way during world war 2 we would all be goose stepping around under the nazi party.
You wake up and smell the coffee! Its a rough tough world out there son, you gotta be the toughest nasty bad boy on the block or YOU WILL GET WALKED ALL OVER.
We had a job and did it. The boys and girls will be back on the mainland soon enough, its not like we are trying to conquer the world.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
ok we are getting off topic hahaha. I agree. I love a heated debate and hell you got some good points. I just remember 9/11 and how people I knew took up the war cry and laid the peoples elbow down on them soab's. Saddam was a good kill, his kids too. Prolly saved thousands more in the long run. I'd say we have accomplished our goals...time to come home =)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Our interests do not lie in occupying a 'free' country.

Wait, nevermind, they have tons of oil there.

The only mad man threatening anyone's way of life happens to be our sitting US President.

I can see you bought the whole 'fighting for freedom over there' line, hook and sinker.

How do you fight for 'freedom' when you are in another country? It would be one thing if we had all our soldiers patrolling our waters and at the border stopping drug trafficking and illegal aliens.

I could buy that one, although I may not agree with it.

But to think we are protecting our interests by slaughtering civilians by the thousands, no. I don't see that one.

I don't consider myself a liberal, although the true definition means 'open-minded.' In that sense I am a liberal, but politically I am not.

I do not believe in handouts, I believe in hard work.

Being the meanest bully on the block doesn't guarantee safety.

In fact, it only guarantees all the 'little' guys teaming up on us and gang raping the hell out of our mothers.

I don't know where you've been, but this isn't world war 2. This is 2007, almost 2008.

World war 2 has been over for some time now. This isn't an 'honorable' war, fighting for a 'democratic' way of life. This is a profit war.

We are making money off the deaths of innocents. My hands are just as bloody as the soldier pulling the trigger unfortunately. At least I can come to terms with that one.

I don't know who is going to walk all over us. The non-existent Iraqi Air Force? The outdated Russian MIG Iranian Air Force?

We have military bases all over the world. To think that anyone is going to 'walk all over us' is ridiculous.

Maybe we should start withdrawing our troops from foreign soil and protecting our interests, 'over here' instead!

We've got some real # going on in our 'homeland' (as Bushie calls it), why don't we bring the troops home and have them help with the rebuilding of New Orleans and the firefighting effort in California?

At least then they'd be dieing for something noble.

How do you know Iraq will be 'free' once we leave anyway? Or are you one of those guys who thinks we should keep a permanent US presence?

Our 'job' will never be over from the way you describe it.

If we are always the toughest mamba jamba on the block, we will always have to defend that title.

We should start laying low for a while, rebuild our military (aka stop contracting out toilet seats for $1000, etc etc), and deal with our own domestic issues.

We have enough problems of our own here, at home.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'd say we have accomplished our goals...time to come home

If only that were the case...I wouldn't mind our people coming home too.

I don't think Bush, Cheney, and their profiteering buddies are quite done with Iraq though. Maybe a few more thousand lives they'll be satisfied.

I remember 9/11 as well. I lived only an hour drive from the towers when they fell.

But does that qualify as a war-starter?

We should have forgave instead of killing.

'An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.'

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well no sensible would come out and say that the war in Iraq has been won by the same token the only people who deny that there have been improvements in Iraq are the hard core anti war crowd. So I can only conclude that the author wants to declare victory and have coalition forces go home the consequences be dammed.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
So I can only conclude that the author wants to declare victory and have coalition forces go home the consequences be dammed.

Heck, I wouldn't mind that.

We are only doing damage at this point, so why not 'cut and run' like the Neocons have been calling it?

I think it would be hard for things to get worse for the average Iraqi. The mob is going to take over at some point unfortunately. At least less people will die if our soldiers leave...

The Middle East might be #ed at this point. Sad but true.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
We are only doing damage at this point, so why not 'cut and run' like the Neocons have been calling it?

Lets see I have answered this question many times on ATS.
To quote Powell "you broke it you brought it . "
The security situation has improved so for the first time in fours the coalition is making progress in post war Iraq. The government of Iraq cannot stand by itself.

I think it would be hard for things to get worse for the average Iraqi. The mob is going to take over at some point unfortunately. At least less people will die if our soldiers leave...

People lives will improve once the cumulative effects of the improving security situation have been felt there is still a long way to go.
I cant decided if people who think withdrawing coalition troops from Iraq would bring peace to that country are naive or ignorant . Given that the enemy primary target is there fellow Iraqis so if the coalition packed up and left the death rate would only increase.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Should I go ahead and email my friends stationed in Iraq, and let them know they can come home, the war has been won?

First off, I hardly consider a "win" to be less deaths.
Secondly, your title is about as misleading as it can get. Finally, there is no winner in a war, unless you count the side that managed to kill, mangle enough people to say it. Vietnam was apparently "won" because we left and left it at that. :shk:

Let me know when you are going to sign my friend's overdue discharge papers, they will be very happy at this point to receive them.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
ok.....

offtopic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

man biggie smalls and panda what ever the **SNIP**your name is (avatar pic) chill the **SNIP** out. I have been in the army. I too have mates over there.

Biggie Smalls - It is obvious this panda (perhaps one of the girliest avatars i've ever seen - hehe sorry couldn't resist) dude has not done any research and while i appreciate the digging you did to provide links its a lost cause. If the guy listened to reason he wouldn't be saying anything like the stuff he was saying. Leave him be one day he may wake up, do some research, and learn the only way we are going to get anywhere as a species is if we stop believing the stuff they are spoon feeding us.

Panda - first things first - sorry for the girlie thing. nothing against girlie people myself. secondly - the US made Iraq a third world country ala 10 years worth of sactions and trade restrictions. Iraq were a threat to nobody but themselves. IMHO the reason the US went into Iraq was to stop them from trading oil in EU dollar not US dollar - now they have a US 'friendly' government they dont have to worry about that. trouble is Iran have succeeded where Iraq failed and now we have Axis of Evil member number 2 (also along with various others including Venuzalia). Start by asking a few simple questions - here are some you could try... Q1. Where are the many weapons of mass distruction? A1. There were never any WMD's Q2. Why can't the 'most powerful' nation in the world find 1 man? (Osama) A2. They dont want to find him... ima shut up now since i know none of this will get you to think about things the way i do and probably push you further to your 'truths'. each person has to wake themselves up etc...

Get some time up before you go mouthing off about how so and so should die. Regardless of what they done. Even more so when your own back yard is worse. Not that you would have any idea what i am talking about.

/offtopic

Peace

Blurry

[edit on 2-11-2007 by blurryone]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I thought there was supposed to be no winners in war.

Saying things to the contrary shows a lack of ethical or moral maturity.

Speak it in it's reality - Who lost the most?

You never gain anything in war other than time.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Funny how so much 'progress' can be made when 3 million plus bail to neighboring regions to escape the madness, yeah man, we're winning alright. We've got the hearts and souls right where we want them, in the crosshairs. Bloody gibberish.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm sorry guy, I might come across the wrong way here. I sounds off like I got a pair cause I DO. I dun wanna get nuked, gased or worse, forced to get on my knees 5 times a day to praise a god I don't belive in. The middle east is %$&^% up right now I think it will always be. It might be in our best intrest to bombed them back to the stone ages every once and awhile. Most of them are like animals. Convert or Die, Death to the infed and so on. If he didnt start all that crap they wouldnt have been none tossed in his lap. He got what was coming to him. The END. I* got friends over there that fight for something they belive in. Thats all that matters....A FREE Iraq.

Wow, I can't believe it but, you, and people that think and post crap like this on ATS is why it will never get the respect it deserves. It's amazing the American Christian viewpoint of "Oh They're Different Then Us.... Wait.... Wait... Now I See it They're Islamic, lets go kill em, on their territory, and hope that we can spread out religion and our ONE TRUE GOD! to their states and see how they like it, lets get our missionaries quick into Iraq, gotta go..." BS.. that is spun everday by people on this board... no wonder America, and this world's going to hell!

So long ATS... the now laughing stock of the internet forum community!

Enough of the BS!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Azure_Oak

And what makes you think ATS is a laughing stock exactly?

You seem to be forgetting that ATS, BTS and PTS are an internet community unto itself.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
465 billion dollars spent so far in iraq. The reason why this money is available for wars but not for helping homeless or sick kids is because they look at it as an investment. Many more billions will be returned once american businesses can operate safely in iraq, and the oil begins to flow. Iraq's estimated oil reserves is 200 billion barrels. at 95 bucks a barrel its well worth the effort. whats that 19 trillion dollars? !! and thats at todays crude price, wait till the straits of hormuz is closed off when we start playing peek a boo with iran.

also to panda man.

blind patriotism is far more dangerous than any foreign dictator.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Most of them are like animals?

You sir have quite childish and immature viewpoints that seem to be nothing more than a painted opinion, probably formed from swallowing too much media ejaculum...

The reason Iraq is damaged is because the Yanks destroyed it, they placed Saddam in power, they gave him weapons, they then double crossed him and took him away, creating a rift.... Then the Americans bombed the crap out of Iraq, creating many young and angry Iraqi's....

Iraq was never, ever a threat to the Western world, but unfortunately the Western world has spilled the blood of far too many Iraqi children, we cannot blame the Iraqi's for their hatred of the Yanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join