It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war in Iraq has been won

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The war in Iraq has been won

www.news.com.au

Here is just the latest underreported news, out this week.

Just 27 American soldiers were killed in action in Iraq in October - the lowest monthly figure since March last year. (This is a provisional figure and may alter over the next week.)

The number of Iraqi civilians killed last month - mostly by Islamist and fascist terrorists - was around 760, according to Iraqi Government sources.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You heard it here first, oops I mean you heard it here 2nd, Remember Dubya declared "the US has prevailed in the Battle of Iraq" in a speech on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln. March 2003.

Finally it appears that some good news is coming out of Iraq. Lower death rates, lower conflict rates. No civil war has erupted. Democracy doesnt appear to show signs of weakness, and Iraq is receiving good turnouts to elections.
I hope this report is correct, and that the foreign troops can leave soon.

I find it amazing that this report says only 760 civilians were killed this month.
I find this number quite large, but then if you compare this to 100ish Iraq's killed every single day, under Saddam's rule. Remember he dictated for 24 years.

Send Home the Troops!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-11-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Iraq war has been won? really? has it? really?
who said, the US?
So because the death rates a lowered does that make a winner? What if Al Qaeda comes back when the US leaves? will the war still be won?
I thought in order to win a war the other side must surrender, or you beat them into a bloody pulp. Well, US sure has not done any of the above statements, so therefore the battle has not been won.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Good thread Smokey!

I agree with you. We have accomplished all our objectives in Iraq; although, demoncrats will not admit to this. Our steadfastness and willingness to see the mission through has paid off, and the end result will be more lives will ultimately be saved, with respect to Hussain's dictatorship!

I think most of the troops will probably be home by the end of 2008!

Good job troops! Now come home!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Bout time, Soooooo whos next? Dude, the war hasnt been won! I still got friends over there getting shot at! When the last american is out of that hell hole and the iraqis can take care of themselves...thats when the war will be over! I guess Iran will be next. Better go ahead and send my friends christmas cards.. The people that love them miss them alot! Jerk!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantPanda1979
Jerk!

Im not sure who that is directed at, or really how you found anything in this thread offensive. Harden Up!

[edit on 1-11-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh, maaaaaaan. haha.

The number of Iraqi civilians killed last month - mostly by Islamist and fascist terrorists

Never gets old, does it?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm just messing round bud. We did Great over there! No saddam! His kids are wasted man! That country had to be torn down to the foundations to be rebuilt and now it is slowly turning around! Good ole American know how! I love it. I wish I went! My friends over there Have some great stories bout getting sum them terrorists! We warned saddam didnt we =)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Your source is full of it. We went to war with Iraq because we were led to believe that missiles could hit Britain within 30 minutes. Remember? We were lied too. We didn't go over to Iraq to topple a tyrant. Let's all just remember that.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A war is never really won. Innocent people are killed, families destroyed and soldiers dead.

Think of all the money spent in wars. Money that could of fed and clothed every child on this planet. Money that could of went towards science, schools, diseases, poverty etc... instead it goes towards training to kill and control. We would be on mars by now if it weren't for wars. No I'm afraid that the war in the middle east has only begun. Let's hope I'm wrong about that one.

[edit on 11/1/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I agree completely. If everyone had thoughts like these, the world would be a better place in it's entirety. People don't understand the kind of dramatic effects actions like war have on every level. It's sad to see people praise killing and mass murder with "Hell yeahs."

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Two sides to every story. Saddam was wasting his own people and his neighbors. Think of all the lives we might have saved had he had wmd! Sux we are still there. I think we should shocked and awed the crap out of em and hauled a$$. We could always drop first aid kits and food off, but I'd rather takle care of the homeless and crack addicted people in my country. oh wait, thats why i pay taxes... Wrolds messed up baby. as dude said...hardden up

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was just talking to some friends about this and we all spent time in Iraq. We have come to the conclusion that sooner or later people get tired of war and start to pursue other non-violent avenues. Just think about 5 years of everyone around you fighting with each other and dyeing. At first everyone was all hyped up to finally be free, and this freedom was like a six year old set free in a gun store. Now the people over there are very weary of this terrible life they have created by not working together. We started to see it months back as clerics started to fight against insurgents instead of helping them. Insurgents bring nothing but death and hopelessness for them and they finally understand that. They still have a long way to go, but hopefully they will continue to figure out that the pen is mightier than the sword.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Think of all the lives we might have saved had he had wmd!

Saddam didn't have wmds, and your government and mine knew he didn't have wmds. How about you think of all the lives that have been wasted because of a war with an agenda?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
actually if the causualty rate is going down that means they are losing. They want instability in iraq so that they can stay there. I bet the American soldiers were behind half of the alegedly Al qaeda attacks on civilians. Also again you people keep blaming the war on the leaders, you actually think they have a say in whats going on, all the events of the world have been writen already (and not by god). i say u just accept whats coming and be good little civilians (trust me, thats all ull be able to do). (i ve actually told u too much already).

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Look, he used em on iran did he not? He gased the crap outta them boys. That soab killed so many and many many more woulda died. Imagine if his psychotic sons grabbed power at his death! They killed for joy. Do you realize how sick they were? people die dude!
This isnt la-la land where everyone can live and let live. The majority of people on this planet are capable of some extreme evil. The U.S.A isnt much better but hell, I call it home. I work hard and try to live a nice comfy life.
10 years from now Those iraqis might be so lucky to have the same chance. You hippies need to get off your high horse and face reality. Your dealing with islamatic nutjobs that would have no problem killing your flower picking a$$. Take that back to berkley baby. Semper Fi!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyJo

Won? How?

27 American deaths...Right. Now how many contractors were killed? How many Iraqi civilians?

Oh yeah, I forgot, the 'fascist terrorists' killed them all. That sounds strikingly like our own soldiers.

Who are the real fascists? Answer that one for me. Who seeks to control through fear and hate? Hm...THE WEST! In particular, Dubya and Chen Vader (as he jokingly was called this past week).

What makes matters even worse is our own arrogance in regards to our foreign policy.

We are not policemen of the world. Who made us 'Kings'? No one.

And I'm a little sick and tired of us acting that way.

We need to take a back seat to spiritual progress instead of destroying the world one depleted uranium shell at a time.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Look, he used em on iran did he not? He gased the crap outta them boys.

Its sad that you think that way.

Who trained Saddam? CIA.

Who sold him the noxious gases? CIA.

Saddam key in early CIA plot

In the mid-1980s, Miles Copeland, a veteran CIA operative, told UPI the CIA had enjoyed "close ties" with Qasim's ruling Baath Party, just as it had close connections with the intelligence service of Egyptian leader Gamel Abd Nassar. In a recent public statement, Roger Morris, a former National Security Council staffer in the 1970s, confirmed this claim, saying that the CIA had chosen the authoritarian and anti-communist Baath Party "as its instrument."

Reagan-Saddam connection

Saddam's CIA coup

Declassified U.S. government documents indicate that the U.S. government had confirmed that Iraq was using chemical weapons "almost daily" during the Iran-Iraq conflict as early as 1983. U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld even met with Saddam Hussein the same day the UN released a report that Iraq had used mustard gas and tabun nerve agent against Iranian troops.[41] The New York Times reported from Baghdad on 29 March 1984, that "American diplomats pronounce themselves satisfied with Iraq and the U.S., and suggest that normal diplomatic ties have been established in all but name."[42] The chairman of the Senate committee, Don Riegle, said: “The executive branch of our government approved 771 different export licenses for sale of dual-use technology to Iraq. I think it’s a devastating record”.[43] According to the Washington Post, the CIA began in 1984 secretly to give Iraq intelligence that Iraq used to "calibrate" its mustard gas attacks on Iranian troops. In August, the CIA establishes a direct Washington-Baghdad intelligence link, and for 18 months, starting in early 1985, the CIA provided Iraq with "data from sensitive U.S. satellite reconnaissance photography...to assist Iraqi bombing raids." The Post’s source said that this data was essential to Iraq’s war effort.[44]
In May 2003, an extended list of international companies involvements in Iraq was provided by The Independent.[45] Official Howard Teicher and Radley Gayle, stated that 31 Bell helicopters that were given to Iraq by U.S. later were used to spray chemical weapons.[46]

source

Saddam CIA connection from google

This took me about five minutes to research. Maybe you should do your own digging.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Look, he used em on iran did he not? He gased the crap outta them boys.

Its sad that you think that way.

Who trained Saddam? CIA.

Who sold him the noxious gases? CIA.

Who gave the order to use it? Saddam

Who had to setup massive no fly zones for 10 years to keep him at bay? the US

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So what? Who cares who trained him? He pushed the button. Did your pops ever teach you how to ball up a fist? Seriously... You ever been bullied? Hell, if you stood up for yourself and beat that kid down people might think you are bad, your dad a bad parent. My point is this: Survival of the fittest! Your pops taught you to defend yourself and hell, your expected too.
Btw, I'm glad we took that soab and his kids out! He may have gotten nukes one day..Then what? You gonna argue this point when he is sticking a nuke up your bum? Question: where were you in the 60's? Smells of liberal hippie patuli.

Get with the program or move to france!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join