It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maps for Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
One of my professors was talking about New Orleans and hurricane Katrina a couple of weeks ago. I have done my research and it seems that government may have created Katrina for ulterior motives. My professor went on to say that the areas where the hurricane hit and the area that were evacuated are not the same. I was wondering if anyone could post some info on either of the topics. If you someone has a link to the maps of the areas that would be great.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jbell1011

Originally there was a voluntary evacuation order in place for New Orleans (on Saturday), but this was upgraded to a mandatory evacuation order by Sunday.

Mandatory evacuations were also ordered in St. Charles Parish, St. Tammany Parish, and Plaquemines Parish. Voluntary evacuations were ordered in Jefferson Parish and St. Bernard Parish, but those parishes recommended that everyone leave, especially if they lived in low-lying areas. Also, Jefferson Parish ordered a mandatory evacuation of Barataria, Crown Point, Lafitte and Grand Isle, because those areas are on the coast of Louisiana.

I am from Jefferson Parish, about five minutes away from downtown New Orleans. If you have any other information that you need, let me know. As far as your theory, I don't know about that. I can tell you that although it was not really shown much on national TV, St. Bernard Parish was about the worst hit. A large number of people did not leave, and most of the parish was pretty much destroyed. My uncle is high up in the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, and they were in close communication with other parishes after the storm. He kept all of us who evacuated pretty well-informed about what was going on. Nobody will ever know how many people died total, but I can tell you that St. Bernard lost waaaay more than we ever heard about on TV.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sorry I don't have maps. Will look for some among local news stations' websites for you.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's one, but it only really shows Orleans Parish flooding.

www.cccarto.com...

Found one with more on it:

www.nola.com...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by TheHypnoToad]

new topics

top topics

join