It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intended mainly for Christians, will you be voting for Ron Paul? If not, why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I would like to put my finger on the current political pulse of people here to see if you all would consider voting for Ron Paul. If not please state why.

Here is his main web site:

www.ronpaul2008.com...

For the Christian crowd:

www.christiansforronpaul.com...

Ok.. let it rip.

If you are Christian you really don't have ANY excuse NOT to vote for Ron but my surprise here at ATS is never ceasing.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I vote Ron Paul but not in a religious context. He is better than the rest that they are offering at the moment.

I will vote for him but the agenda will make him fail why? Because everything is in place and everything else is Hollywood smoke and mirrors to America.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As a "Christian" I don't take my reliegious beliefs into account when voting for a candidate. I also expect for whomever is voted into office to not take theirs into account when running my country.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
As a "Christian" I don't take my reliegious beliefs into account when voting for a candidate. I also expect for whomever is voted into office to not take theirs into account when running my country.

Well, I will ditto this. Im a Christian, but I dont know who Im voting for. *gasp*

I dont base on religious issues. After all, what we see of candidates in no way represents what really goes on behind closed doors or in their mind/heart.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm afraid that most of the Christians that will be voting, are single issue style voters. Their main concerns are abortion and gay marriage. The candidate that can convince them that he will do their bidding will get their vote. And they will be chumped out again, just like they were with President Bush.

That is unless some third party conservative can suck away their votes and that looks like a distinct possibility. They might draft Shawn.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
im a christian and i really could'nt care less about gay or abortion. the way i see it is that God gave everybody the ability to choose or be what they want to be. let people make their own decisions. if they want an abortion let them get one, if they want to be gay or thats how they feel, what the heck is wrong with that. do gay people bother everyone or cause problems. theyre just living there life as we are living ours. im most likely going to vote ron paul. everyone should have a choice. taking away peoples choice and telling them that they cant do something just because someone else has a problem with it. the government is supposed to be there to make choices that we as a whole cannot make ourselves. not limit them.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Let's look at this from an integrity point of view. Ron Paul refuses to take part in the congressional pension since it is such a huge giveaway to the elite. He has never voted to give himself a raise in congress and has always tried to champion the constitution. It is true that he voted for earmarks for his district, but didn't try to hide the fact as most congressmen do.

He is pro life and for protecting our borders. He does however believe in decriminalizing marijuana and prostitution, mainly I suppose because he does not believe that it should be a federal law enforcement issue.

However the number one reason to consider Ron Paul is that he admits to not being a member of the council on foreign relations or any other secret society. Unfortunately all the other candidates are either members or work closely with members of the elites who rule our country for their own pleasure and not for the good of the American people. Even Huckabee, who has been touted by some christians is a CFR lackey.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I'm voting for Ron Paul.

Reasons being?
1. Integrity and honesty
2. Focuses all of his decisions based on the constitution
3. Has no corporate interest group support compared to other candidates
4. Did I mention honesty and a strong standard?
5. I'm pro-life.......so is Ron Paul.......but Ron Paul still is honest and upright and shares that he believes it should be a state based decision.....I agree

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Bugman82]

ape

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm a christian and my support for Ron Paul is based on his economic stances and his traditional conservative roots. IMO after living 7 years under a bunch of big government liberal republicans, a small government conservative-libertarian like Ron Paul is EXACTLY what this country needs right now.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by ape]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I believe in Jesus, hes in my heart but i'm not christian. sole reason is because they hate on gays and abortion. I believe when you die you go to heaven no matter what. My belief is grounded in a book called conversations with god. If god didnt say it why would i believe it? I am also bisexual and christians are judgemental of me. Let me live my own damn life as God intended. I also believe that God isnt religious. So i am voting for ron paul but he voted to kill the impeachment bill. so i dunno if i like him as much as dennis kucinich.

top topics

join