It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Arabs offer to provide uranium to Iran: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Gulf Arabs offer to provide uranium to Iran: report

ca.today.reuters.com

DUBAI (Reuters) - U.S.-allied Gulf Arab states are willing to set up a body to provide enriched uranium to Iran to defuse Tehran's stand-off with the West over its nuclear plan, Saudi Arabia's foreign minister told a magazine on Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.reuters.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cheney: US will not let Iran go nuclear
UN nuclear agency calls on Bush to ease Iran rhetoric
We must bomb Iran, says US Republican guru
Iran threatens 'decisive strike' if US attacks

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This appears to be a valid attempt to thwart US aggression in the region with important support from Saudi Arabia. This proposal comes on the heels of Egypt's announcement to build nuclear facilities. Iran's response may reveal their true nuclear intentions.

Can the Whitehouse be up for this?

ca.today.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
wasnt something like this tried about a year ago? i think i remember russia offering to provide the enriched uranium and iran refused saying they wanted to be energy independant.

interesting development, thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Good memory turbokid. A little over a year ago...and I guess the US was on-board with that proposal...at least publicly. After having received a degree of support from several Gulf states recently (Riyadh last year), it seems that a refusal to participate with a consortium of Gulf neighbors could have deeper ramifications. Isolation? I have the feeling that proliferation in the ME is simply a matter of time.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Didn't the U.S. provide Iran w/ a reactor in the 70/80s during the Iraq/Iran conflict that killed millions? This all starts to seem staged. Probably another N Korea-like threat chip for the rest of Druggie Jr's term, move to the other currency in the OPEC scene, dollar is ruined as US becomes a 2nd world country, middle America is abandoned for cities and re-growth of environment -- for what, I don't know, ask the UN.

"pusher of the button, talking loud, ain't saying nothing" -public enemy

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You can research some interesting details on US/Iranian nuclear cooperation on the NTI site anhinga. Collaboration began in 1957 under the Atoms for Peace program. Cooperation began to deteriorate in the late 70's when the US State Dept received intel that the Shah might be involved in covert nuclear weapons developement...and came to an abrupt halt when he was deposed in January of 79.

With respect to this latest proposal, no doubt, Iran will attempt to milk-it as they did with the Russian enrichment proposal...buying as much time as possible. I doubt that the big-hitter in the UN Security Council will buy the stall this time-round. Ultimately, if Iran is granted enough time to decide on this offer, and they refuse...that decision will most certainly be used to further legitimize an attack.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It seem we have help create some of the world biggest problems in the last seventy years by "looking after our own interests" like backing some of the worst Dictators in history. this is no surprise to me. That a side I would like to talk with you about Master Behrens if you would please e-mail me at [email protected], I'm trying to chart the history in detail of Senso Aikijutsu and Torishimaru Aikijutsu being a student of Senso Ryu Aikijujutsu and also a Japanese Martial art freak I have been trying to get in touch with Behrens so please contact me at the above e-mail.

Thank you
James

top topics

join