It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Company Beats NASA to the MOOn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
TransOrbital Inc. is sending a probe of sorts to the moon before any NASA mission going to the moon. It will take pictures send HDTV qaulity live video from the moon also take pics of the appollo landing site then burn up on insertion where inside a protective capulse it will store bussines cards ashes of deceased and any personal affects that were stowed more on this story at the following link

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Despite delays, the 242-pound (110-kilogram) orbiter is under construction, the launch vehicle is in place at a Russian facility, and it looks like liftoff will occur "in October or November of this year," Laurie said. He added that he's 80 to 90 percent confident in that forecast.

Wow, that's not too far ahead. Perhaps it'll be successful. I'm not sure about crashing it into the moon. Hopefully it won't be too much trash. Yes, I'm one of those 'don't mess this globe up too' kind of people.
Nice find, Kriskaos. Thanks for posting the link.

[Edited on 1/29/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Privite enterprise is the only way any of us will have a chance to get to space. Any thing the government is involved in will cost 10X as much and take 10X as long as it should. I there is money to be made though free enterprise will have motels on the moon in a few years. Never underestamate greed

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I for one would love to see this thing make it off the launchpad. Go private space endeavors!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I agree. that private companies is the way to go for funding but not the politics of space programs companies will want to monopolize space and the industry and that is not good for anyone. Like even in the movies and games the Company ( Alien) Tri-Optimum( SYSTEM SHOCK 2 ) everything goes to hell if they try to take over hhee but thats just the movies.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i doubt that will happen. private companies always say they will do stuff like that. civilians wont be in space for a long time

top topics

join