It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points for ATS Store

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Can a member donate some of their points to new users so that we may be able to use them to purchase upgrades at the Store? Just wandering. Saw something I would like to get, but dont have enough points. And at the rate I am going, I might get enough in 2008.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishLass

Play some games on BTS. It's a fast way to build up spendies in the shop.

I'd give you some but I'm saving up for the ATS F1 Mclaren and a curly wurly

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrishLass
And at the rate I am going, I might get enough in 2008.

You would be surprised how many points can accumulate from a good post.
A couple of PodCasts helps the points account as well.
Then theres the staff that applaud the members with with points.

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

What games are you referring to? Like I said I'm new to site. Thanks for any help you can give me.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There's:

The Answer a Question with a Question Game

I Have To Confess

Ban the Person Above You

For starters.

Go to the General Chit Chat board at www.belowtopsecret.com... and see what strikes your fancy.

There are also a lot of off-topic threads (from ATS anyway) that might be easier for new members to post in. I spent about two and a half months over there before my first ATS post.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Hahahaha.

God, I love the weird * on ATS.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

They don't get any weirder

Don't forget. You'll have to log in to BTS in the same way as ATS.

The cool thing about it is..In some games it requires one line posts only so you can quickly whizz up the points

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think that the latest trend in getting quick points was the "Breaking Alternative News" threads. I was at about 2500pts when I saw a news topic that really caught my eye. I checked the breaking news section first, to see if it had been posted yet (it hadn't) and went ahead and posted the news.
By the end of the day, due to it being a fairly popular thread for the day, I had close to 7500pts. I was amazed. I tripled my points and also learned a LOT about the subject from the other posters that advanced my thread.

Now, what I can do for you is tell you this:
If you come to the War on Terror section, find a thread you know a good deal about and make a post that really advances the topic. I mean REALLY shines in content, attitude and grammer...I might just have to applaud it. An applaud is a quick 500pts. I don't throw them around lightly, so you really have to convey a sense of brilliance in your post. Applause is earned.

Here to help,
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If you want a lot of points, you can try out creating entries for Tinwiki (a wiki which forms part of the ATS website).

You can be awarded up to 10,000 points for a good entry for Tinwiki (although there are no guarantees - awards are made based on quality).

As others have said, the games threads on BTS are a good way to get a few points, and also to satisfy the minimum number of posts limits required that were (are?) imposed in relation to some functions on ATS.

EDIT: I almost forget... When the recent appeal was launched for submissions for the ATS newsletter, there was an indication that submissions were be awarded 20,000 points - but I think that the cash reward now offered has replaced, rather than supplemented, the points reward. I'm not sure.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 1-11-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

ask enjoies on how he does it
and you might get it in 2 hours

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Thanks I may just have to do that. He does seem to be all over the place (in a good way).

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Played the Ban Person and Answer ? with ?. Thanks for tips.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I may have to try tin wiki, not real good with stuff like that, but one never knows.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There are fairly regular contests in the Member Short Story's forum which can get you points if you like to write.
As others have said BTS and some of the games are quick earners, but by far the best way is authoring an informative, well written thread on just about any subject in any forum. Take your time, do your research and away you go.

If i could id give you some of mine.
(how about firing up in Jacks W.B.T.S thread, we seemed to have run dry lately)

Good luck, mojo

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
instead of pointless one liners, how about offering comments and feedback to our writers in the short story forum. I'm positive that they'll appreciate the comments.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When you open a really well-thoughtout, sincere and deep thread, you will get a lot of stars, but that doesnt translate into points.

When you open an offensive, biased, distorted, dumb, hysterical thread, you get a lot of replies, and that translates into points.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I will do that, thank you for the advice. I am new to site and trying to find my way around. The last couple of weeks since I have been on I have seen changes for the good, making site more user friendly for me. I am trying to learn the world of ATS and BTS and all other aspects of site. I have to say it is one of the coolest sites I have ever been on. Kinda like one stop shopping. I can do a lot here. Maybe one day I will even be able to pay my bills from this site, receive email from outside source vs just U2U.... just a thought, then I pretty much wont have to go anywhere.

I'm loving it in other words, way way kewl site. Thank you all, owners, moderators and members.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i got nearly all my points from the "photo caption contest" from the ATS gathering in Vegas.

third place earnt me a cool 10k, and to think i was just joining in the fun and didnt care about the points at that time.. man was i stunned when i got third!

then there was the "86% of peadophiles are homosexuals" thread where i made several worthy posts but one in specific got 4x applauses for using the OP's links to disprove his own theories with pure logic and reasoning without any of the personal attack bs most resort to. (shocked again)

spent 5k on the WATS section since then though

i wouldnt bother about finding ways to rack up the points quickly, they will come to you eventually just by partaking in these great 3 forums and by posting very worth while replies without hatred or aguing.

dinosaurs died out long ago although i have seen postawhorus-rex on a few forums from time to time, the last of a dying breed.

you dont want to be known as part of a dying breed, do you?

[edit on 2/11/07 by Obliv_au]

[edit on 2/11/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
When you open a really well-thoughtout, sincere and deep thread, you will get a lot of stars, but that doesnt translate into points.

When you open an offensive, biased, distorted, dumb, hysterical thread, you get a lot of replies, and that translates into points.

not really, what is it? 2 points per reply?

so to rack up a measly 1k in points you'd need about 500 replies in your thread.
the only threads that get more than a few dozen replies are the truely hot topics with plenty of meat on the bone for ppl to sink their teeth into, with great info provided by the OP.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Story of my life.

I think it's unfair that insignificant subjects get far more exposure than those that are a stark reality for some of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join