It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you guys help me figure what this is...just got an e-invite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i go to a few mma message boards and i just got a pm at one of them inviting me over someplace but i don't really understand...

can you guys read this and tell me?
is it just another forum that is by invite only or what?

i don't get it...

here is the pm

---------

Hi, We have seen your posts and appreciate your knowledge in MMA.

I would like to invite you to join 'Fasho Illum. It is an affiliation that gathers intellectual members that truly appreciate MMA.

What our affiliation does:

*snip*

- Our website is a big part of our affiliation because it provides a platform where legitimate individuals can enjoy fight videos and have real discussions. Great classic fights videos from the past (e.g. Fedor vs Nog, Bj Penn vs Hughes) as well as new recent fights are posted frequently. The site is only made known to Fasho Illum. Affiliates and invited people, it is a great source of MMA videos and exclusive high level discussions. So please feel free to visit even just for the videos, you will not regret!
- Tired of defending your view against ignorant posters (very common on sherdog) alone? Your affiliates will have your back and it is a good idea to have recognized legit members on your side
- To earn recognition in this forum

There is no requirement or obligation:
- Invites are only given out by referrals from my top members, your past post/posts have earned a referral!
- all you need to do is back up other affiliates (you will tell by their sig. info) in discussions like how you expect other affiliates to back you up

To join:
- All you have to do is type a short piece of info (simply clan's name and status) in your signature (After you say yes to joining, I will tell you the exact specific info to type)

We currently have 80 affiliates and growing. Im the founder of the affiliation and I would be very glad to have you associated with us. Pm me with your decision and I hope to hear from you soon! Take Care.

------------

i am confused....is it some retarded thing where i join under him and then if i get someone to join under me i get some special e-crap or something..

talking about affiliates....am i supposed to write articles in accordance with what one of these dudes say....

wtf?

please help me.....

i do love talking mma and am very bummed the world sports forum here is not busier....
i just don't want to bother joining some lame, pyramid type forum....
---------------

edit*

it just looks like some lame, split off forum where the dude is begging for people....that what it looks like to you?

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Boondock78]

Mod edit: to snip url, no reason to spread the spam.

[edit on 11/1/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I would have to agree with you. It just looks like someone who is trying to convince more people to visit his site.
Although I would say your posts are generally intelligent and well worded.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
they want you to join their forum

all your posts are belong to them

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I gonna have to take the vew point of never goto a forum in a PM invite. The reason I say this is because I have seen this many times before and it never turns out good.

I went to the forum that I was invited to and it turned out that it was a set up to screw peoples computer up with trojans and spyware, because they didn't like our viewpoints or thought what we were talking about was illegal!

This happened to me the first few forums I was invited too. My security software warned me that this was a forum that maybe dangerous to my computer. I did some trojan and spyware scans and notice stuff installed on my first vist!

I not the type of person that will say all invites are scams or malicious, but if you think about it, manual invites are a sure hard way to get traffic to a forum so there has to be some other motive to the hard work than building traffic!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
thats kinda what i felt, i just didn't quite get what the hell it actually was.

dude is pm'ing random people to come join his site so he gets members...

lame..

trashin that baby....

thanks guys...
my comprehension is off sometimes....
too bad cause the mma boards pretty much do suck as far as serious discussion. the best discussion i have got lately is from the world sports forum here from about 3-4 guys but that was only like two threads.

thanks duders.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm a Sherdog poster. Made me laugh when I read about the "Ignorant posters" lol, so true. Do get a lot of Keyboard warriors visiting the site lol.

new topics

top topics

join