It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Professor is a Freemason

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
reply to post by DazedDave

So what, my dad is a freemason to, doesnt meen we have superpowers ..

No, you certainly don't.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Jesus Christ was not just a man and is the only way to God. And yes, I do believe that Jesus looks down on us and sees us. You cannot be saved without Jesus. Also, God is not the "supreme being" that you worship. In fact, your religion leads Christians away from Christianity. And oh yeah, Jesus Christ fasted for forty days and forty nights, died on the cross publicly for us, and rised from the dead. That's why Jesus saves so yes, I do pray to Jesus.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Please get the facts straight. Do you go to a school or college that is paid with public funds (ie, people with differing religious beleifs)? If so, you will also find they do not sing praises to Jesus Christ either. Do you boycott them? Masonry, like all institutions that are funded by or consist of people with differing religious views, respects all views but does not take religious positions. Since it is not a religion or religious organization, I am fine with that.

You have no proof or evidence that you can only be a mason or a Christian - one is an affiliation, one is a religion. If this is true then you can only be, for example, an American - or a baptist. You can only have one or the other, after all! Only one AFFILIATION OR one RELIGION per person!

I believe and know that I'm not worshipping ANYONE in masonry, because its not a religion. Don't presume to know what I beleive, just because it doesnt fit with your preconceptions: I beleive that Jesus Christ was the son of God, and is the only way to God. Period. No exceptions.
I would never swear on the holy bible to WORSHIP a supreme being - because, surprise, we don't do that.

You need to search your soul. Find a real evil to battle, and do not look to cause strife where none exists. Your right, freemasons are not better than anyone else and they have never claimed to be. You, however, act as though YOU ARE better than others.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Interesting. All well and good though friend.. the point I try and stress to you is that while in your mind Christianity and Christ are the only way to salvation, that does not mean it is true for every Human being see?

Unless you honestly believe all none-Christians will burn in hell.

Masonry its self does not lead anyone away from anything.. if anything it SHOULD bring you CLOSER to your religion, what ever it may be. Masonry is secular..

The only reason Masonry calls God The Great Architect of The Universe is because it is a universal name of God, because all theistic religions who believe in a supreme being believe that he formed the world and the universe himself.

The Christian God is the Great Architect, as is the God of Jews, of Muslims.. it states so in Genesis.

Ask some of the many many Christian Masons, there are plenty on the board.. Masonry is a philosophical tool, no different then reading and applying the works of Plato or Aristotle. Masonry when applied to your life should bring you closer to God, to your religious organization and the sense of wanting to help those less fortunate.. Masonry does not bring religion into the institution for obvious reasons that religion can be a corruptive tool when it is given centralized power, and that with it suppression, corruption, ideological degeneration occur. Masonry has remained intact as the Philosophical institution that it is because it left religion at the door, did not prosecute those brothers who have much different personal beliefs, but because of the lack of Dogma could all come together under this Philosophy.

I encourage you to develop your faith in what ever God you so choose and pray to what ever it is you pray to. I discourage and advise against taking your personal beliefs and forcing them upon another Human being, and when denied declaring them something less then you. It is evil, to do such things, to tell people who don't believe the same thing you do they are going to your Hell.. Not even Christ forced people to convert, or demean anyone who did not.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You are entitlted to your opinions on Christianity, but brother, do not do a disservice to us by making claims without proof. Its fine if its just your opinion - but state it as so. Doing otherwise would bring you down to the level of the tinfoil hat people around here. I've read your posts and I know that's far above you. I am guessing therefore that everything you posted you will admit is simply your opinion (since you provided no proof to back it up). Likewise, my responses are only my opinion in this case.

As a religious scholar I know it is part of a popular social movement to bash religion - any religion - but especially Christianity. People do it because it is the predominant religion in America, so that makes it an easy target. It is, however, very difficult for a religion to control people using any means when the entire thing is on a voluntary basis. People can, and do, leave at any time.

Religious institutions are morally neutral. It is the people who follow the religion that can be "good" or "bad." But regardless of the moral compass of those who follow a religion, it says nothing about the religion itself because men can and do interpret religion in very different ways.

The fact (which I question, by the way) that Christianity is not growing as quickly as other world religions means nothing except that people like to be trendy. It's part of human nature - to buck and riot against social norms. Since Christianity has been the predominant social nom, people like to rebel against it when they have the opportunity to do so. It says nothing except that people are human. As other world religions become fashionable, they too will slow in growth and Christianity will grow in the coming years when it is no longer the historical social norm.

I also take issue with you decrying it to be mind control - what appears to be controlling you is your own hatred of something that is just as morally neutral and benevolent in intent as masonry, although both institutions approach it from different perspectives.

I have never said nor claimed that all Masons are Christians, because to me its obvious - masonry requires no religious affiliation at all, so why would all masons be christian? I would argue that non-Christian masons actually make Christian masons suffer the most because some, like you, are engrossed with hatred of a religion and take it out on your brethren. As a mason, I don't care what you believe, but I will always stand as a Christian that my religion is correct. You don't have to believe it, and you also don't have to ridicule it. I'm not here to convert you, because I believe the truth stands without me having to use a soap box.

Rockpuck, surely you know that spirit7 does not represent the majority of Christians. At the same time, nor does the random mason that does something criminal that the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists love to point out represent the majority of masons. As separate groups, Christians and Masons are by and large made up of good people with good intentions who do good. The few rotten apples don't spoil the entire crop.

As a Christian I do believe that my religion is right and you are wrong - but it is not my place to tell you so unless you explicitly ask (I just said it here to make a point) nor is it my place to try to convert you by force or fear. For me, Christianity is a religion of love - not fear. You dont have to believe it, and I dont have to believe you.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

do not do a disservice to us by making claims without proof.

Mildly amusing. What exactly did I say that require me to prove something?

Its fine if its just your opinion - but state it as so.

Has been, and always will be my opinion, and if you have been around here long enough you should know that I have many times stated that Masons seemingly almost never agree on topics like this. Or anything else for that matter.

I am guessing therefore that everything you posted you will admit is simply your opinion (since you provided no proof to back it up). Likewise, my responses are only my opinion in this case.

What I say is my opinion and not the opinion of the Craft or any of my Brothers and does not reflect any stance given by the Masonic institution.
I sound like a disclaimer.

Proof is in the logic friend, don't take it personal.

Unless you think Masonry is in fact a non secular institution and is specifically Christian for Christians? Then we would have a problem.

As a religious scholar I know it is part of a popular social movement to bash religion - any religion - but especially Christianity.

If you feel narrow minded bigotry as displayed countless times by radical Christians on this site is a gang up by ... who? Me? Maybe people see the faults in religion, and being a free country we can voice opinions regarding it?

Religious institutions are morally neutral. It is the people who follow the religion that can be "good" or "bad."

If you took your time to read what I just said brother you will have noticed that I praise all religions, just not the misguided few. Read the words, not letters, and discern their meanings carefully..

The fact (which I question, by the way) that Christianity is not growing as quickly as other world religions means nothing except that people like to be trendy. It's part of human nature - to buck and riot against social norms. Since Christianity has been the predominant social nom, people like to rebel against it when they have the opportunity to do so. It says nothing except that people are human. As other world religions become fashionable, they too will slow in growth and Christianity will grow in the coming years when it is no longer the historical social norm.

Religions run courses through time, eventually fading away to be replaced by the "next big thing" so to speak. As you said, trendy. Where in the world religion is needed, the poorer countries and the less developed, Islam is prominent in offering the people what they need. Perhaps that is why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Christianity bases its main population in the secular states of Europe and the America's where in the wealthy materialistic societies people don't need God.

Though I have no clue as to what this has to do with me.

I also take issue with you decrying it to be mind control - what appears to be controlling you is your own hatred of something that is just as morally neutral and benevolent in intent as masonry, although both institutions approach it from different perspectives.

You as a Christian do not want me to call it mind control. I am sorry if that offends you but I stand my ground on my beliefs.

Looking back into history, which you with your degree in .. theology is it? .. should be able to see the horrors as well as the good that came through religion, especially Islam and Christianity.

I would argue that non-Christian masons actually make Christian masons suffer the most because some, like you, are engrossed with hatred of a religion and take it out on your brethren.

Very...... interesting way to word that. You seem to think I am anti-Christian for the sake of being anti-Christian. You will have a fun time with the zealots of Christendom here at ATS, when they tell you your scum for being a Christian who worships Satan and other demonic presences at Masonic meetings.

If only they where that interesting.

As a mason, I don't care what you believe, but I will always stand as a Christian that my religion is correct. You don't have to believe it, and you also don't have to ridicule it. I'm not here to convert you, because I believe the truth stands without me having to use a soap box.

And if only more people where like you then. I would expect nothing less then you to believe your religion correct above everyone else's, if it where not the case you wouldn't be a true believer would you? Its those with the soap box I have a problem with, and hopefully you will see the misguided ways of some of your fellows.

Rockpuck, surely you know that spirit7 does not represent the majority of Christians.

Hmm. Actually I would say that depends on where your at. In my part of the country, no I would say he is the minority by far, but where I am from is mostly Catholic and Lutheran.

In the South and in some of the hardcore bible thumping areas, I have no doubt he would be right at home.

The majority as a whole though? Of course not, remember the vast majority only show up for Christmas and Easter.

At the same time, nor does the random mason that does something criminal that the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists love to point out represent the majority of masons.

The majority of attackers of Masonry however are in fact Christian.

As separate groups, Christians and Masons are by and large made up of good people with good intentions who do good. The few rotten apples don't spoil the entire crop.

It undoubtedly effects the visual perspective.

As a Christian I do believe that my religion is right and you are wrong

Same here. But you will never hear me preach mine, in fact, I refuse to tell people my religion because its needless information in conversation.

nor is it my place to try to convert you by force or fear. For me, Christianity is a religion of love - not fear. You dont have to believe it, and I dont have to believe you.

I don't have a problem with you being Christian. Never said I did. I do have a problem with Spirit and those like him. Nothing you can say will change my mind on that, I find it rather disgusting. Look to history and political events around us, as your tag says look hard enough (or easily) and there is evil everywhere.

And as my tag says. Nil Illegitimus Carbourundum

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What have you said that requires proof?

Wow, there are SO many places I could begin, and instead of writing an exhaustive list I'll just include a few things from the top of my head. If you are going to make the following outrageous and sweeping claims, you need proof: that Christianity as a religion is - mind control, full of zealots, a tool for control, uses fear to control, etc. All of these are things that are indeed fashionable and trendy to say. But as a scholar of _all_ religions, I have yet to find them true for any religion. I await your evidence.

Saying "proof is in the logic" is a classical LOGICAL FALLACY that just proves you don't have evidence, because if it were logical the precepts MUST lead to the conclusion. Few statements can do that, and certainly not the sweeping statements you've made.

Your irrational and illogical hatred of an entire religion and its adherents concerns me. Surely you know - yet again - that the people who post on this site in endless bashing of masonry do not represent all or a majority of Christianity. You questioned this, and this makes me question just about anything you believe if you are willing to generalize based on a sample that is neither statistically significant nor being close to representative in any manner. You do not praise all religions, you specifically bash Christianity. Thats fine - 'tis trendy - but it doesn't mean you can do so without proof. If you want to bash, bash the individual posters who do have no logic or reason for their posts - like most of what spirit says.

There is no horror and no good in religion, there is horror and good and men. There is no innate goodness or evil in a religion until men act upon it. And when they act they claim they act on behalf of a religion, but they are actually acting on their own precepts of good and evil. That you find that statement puzzling again puzzles me, as this is basic philosophy and logic.

I strongly believe people can and do should whatever they want. If people want to be religious zealots, thats fine - I think they are misguided. At the same time, I think people who are zealots against religion are equally misguided. My problem with spirit and those like them is much the same as yours - but you have to realize you are doing the same thing in this relentless bashing, generalizing, and name calling of an entire religion.

And if you carefully read my signature, I'm saying when you look hard enough you'll find evil when it doesn't exist. People do that for masonry, and your doing it on Christianity. That you find such evil in a religion does not mean it actually exists, only that you want it to exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

Listen man, your falling right in line with the people I describe above. I know you don't see it your self, and brother or not your really starting to annoy me.

that Christianity as a religion is - mind control

All systems of belief are in some way shape or form a system of mind control. Any set of belief that has a system in place which utilizes a Dogmatic form of set beliefs, is a form of mind control. If you want "proof" then my friend, I would only advise you have taken more attention while in your religious studies courses.

full of zealots

All religions are full of zealots, the fact that you only see this as a discussion of Christianity shows your vanity clearly, but also your complete ignorance and self absorption for the topic at hand. This is not about Christianity, its about all religions in general, even mine. Christianity is a good example as there are many like your self here, and it is the most prominent among anti-Masons.

a tool for control

Apparently you really did not pay attention in your histories of religion throughout the world. Religion is a control system to garnish power, wealth and supremacy. It was nothing anything more, or anything less.

uses fear to control

Hell was an invented concept well after the church was founded, taken from old pagan beliefs. Not only that, but in the Church up until the time our grand parents where there, in confessions if the Priest felt you did not confess enough he would tell you the floor would open and you would fall straight to hell. During the Middle Ages there was a thing called Indulgences. It meant you gave the Church money for time off a stay in purgatory. Religion has been used as a tool, and in some faiths it still is the case, to also suppress woman.

You want "proof", I again advise you remove your self righteous banter on the greatness of religion and pick up a damn book.

But as a scholar of _all_ religions, I have yet to find them true for any religion. I await your evidence.

Ah yes, the proclaimed scholar. For a scholar of worldly religions its quite amazing how profoundly ignorant you remain on history.

I personally am awaiting a decent argument from your side, I could get the same argument from any rambling anti-Mason.

Saying "proof is in the logic" is a classical LOGICAL FALLACY that just proves you don't have evidence

What exactly do you call "evidence" .. Do you want me to link a million websites. I could. But then again I also though we where two educated men who knew what we where talking about. All I see you doing is waving around this supposed degree of "all religions" like your something special while at the same time plugging your ears and stamping the ground like a little school girl.

Quite embarrassing.

Your irrational and illogical hatred of an entire religion and its adherents concerns me.

Again, I advise you first read the word, connect words together, and pull the meaning of it all together, not word by word, but phrase by phrase. I get the feeling you skim through my post and come back with these pathetic little jabs.

If you take the time to re-read what I said, I do not hate the Christian religion, or any religion for that matter, just those who are over zealous.. kind of like your self to be honest.

that the people who post on this site in endless bashing of masonry do not represent all or a majority of Christianity.

Oh I am quite aware, but is that who I am addressing? No. Makes no sense to address all the followers of said religion if I am addressing those who address me. Instead all I get are zealots and the likes of you.

I am not impressed to say the least.

you specifically bash Christianity

Again, if it where all Muslims or all Jews who bashed Masonry I would be bashing them, not Christians. It just so happens the vast majority are Christian, whether your ignorant mind can handle such information I am not sure, but that is a fact. Perhaps after a longer stay here you will see that.

There is no horror and no good in religion, there is horror and good and men.

Oh this is true, but when horrific men take good religions to persuade horrific acts, both are tainted.

And you claim your a theologian?

I think they are misguided. At the same time, I think people who are zealots against religion are equally misguided. My problem with spirit and those like them is much the same as yours - but you have to realize you are doing the same thing in this relentless bashing, generalizing, and name calling of an entire religion.

Only one thing pisses me off more then zealots like Spirit, and that is self absorbed fools so intent on spreading their own message about a post they obviously did not read.

Re-read.

Then talk to me.

Otherwise I am talking to a brick wall.

People do that for masonry, and your doing it on Christianity. That you find such evil in a religion does not mean it actually exists, only that you want it to exist.

You could be right. But I don't think so.

Simply because I have stated repeatedly I do not hate religion, just some of its followers like you and spirit.

Before you reply senselessly and unintelligibly again, I will advise you to re-read what I have said.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The only thing that pisses me off more than people bashing masonry without intent is masons bashing everyone else without intent. You need to read your own words, before you reply
senselessly (again) and waste more of everyones time. When you don't agree with someone all you do is insult them - you've been annoying me with your senseless bashing since the beginning of this thread. You are no better than spirit7, and your logic might even be worse - and that is a travesty.

I still await for you to show me how any of your baseless and general sweeping statements have fact. Still waiting. The fact that you use logical fallacies to make you believe yourself doesn't actually impact reality. Apparently you failed to pay attention in any college level course on religion, history - and especially logic.

It is no longer worth my time to reply line by line and expose what you are doing, as it has already been done numerous times. I will keep asking you to show some semblance of reason or logic, and you will continue with your mindless insults and bashing. That's fine - you prove my point all to well.

Get over yourself and learn to back up what you say, or stop posting.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Why would you leave your religion at the door? That's not good.

Do you think that Jesus was just a man or was he a holy man? I tend to think that Jesus and God are one in the same and I think that Lucifer got beat at his own game.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

"Ah yes, the proclaimed scholar. For a scholar of worldly religions its quite amazing how profoundly ignorant you remain on history. "

And no matter how much you try to erase Jesus Christ and what he did for us from the record books, walked on water, fasted for 40 days and 40 nights all the while tempted by the devil, and publicly died on the cross for us, just to name a few. You will never win. Jesus defeated the devil at his own game for us as an example for us to follow. Are you hearing me now?

Also, why does your brother annoy you? That's a question that Lightindarkness might want to ask himself. Clearly, he has a different understanding then you do. I also notice you flaunt the 32 degree master mason, oooohhhh. Lightindarkness must annoy you because he's not on your level. Do you know what's funny about the whole thing? I feel no fear when I go to church because I know that I am saved and not obligated, that's something that the devil hates. And even the pastor is on the same level that I am on.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Not so much as leaving it at the door. See, in my mind I was made a Christian at birth and had no say in it. I found something more suitable to my way of thinking.

Do you think that Jesus was just a man or was he a holy man? I tend to think that Jesus and God are one in the same and I think that Lucifer got beat at his own game.

He was a Holy man either way, whether or not he was Divine is questionable, as we only have mere interpretations to depend on as written history is scarce in that region of the world.

Are you hearing me now?

Yes yes.. Your religion is supreme and I must forget my own thinking and obey your ideologies lest I be a lesser man.

Also, why does your brother annoy you?

Something called "spin" drives me nuts. To take my words and pillage them until he derives an entirely different meaning to suit his own shrewed way of thinking. Just seems. I dunno. rude.

Clearly, he has a different understanding then you do.

As he takes two different stances one being hardcore Christian the other being the laid back Christian who can except other peoples differences, I cannot say whether we have a different understanding or not. To reread the words and what they all actually meant I would say we both see eye to eye on quite a bit, yet his insistence on spinning makes arguments where there should be none.

I also notice you flaunt the 32 degree master mason, oooohhhh. Lightindarkness must annoy you because he's not on your level.

What?

I have no idea if Light is a 32nd or not actually, I never asked as I never deemed it important? If he is a Master Mason and I am a Master Mason we are both brothers and no one is higher then the other. Me being a 32nd degree means nothing to anyone but myself?

I feel no fear when I go to church because I know that I am saved and not obligated, that's something that the devil hates. And even the pastor is on the same level that I am on.

Me to mate. Me to.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by spirit7

Not so much as leaving it at the door. See, in my mind I was made a Christian at birth and had no say in it. I found something more suitable to my way of thinking.

He was a Holy man either way, whether or not he was Divine is questionable, as we only have mere interpretations to depend on as written history is scarce in that region of the world.

Are you hearing me now?

Yes yes.. Your religion is supreme and I must forget my own thinking and obey your ideologies lest I be a lesser man.

Also, why does your brother annoy you?

Something called "spin" drives me nuts. To take my words and pillage them until he derives an entirely different meaning to suit his own shrewed way of thinking. Just seems. I dunno. rude.

Clearly, he has a different understanding then you do.

As he takes two different stances one being hardcore Christian the other being the laid back Christian who can except other peoples differences, I cannot say whether we have a different understanding or not. To reread the words and what they all actually meant I would say we both see eye to eye on quite a bit, yet his insistence on spinning makes arguments where there should be none.

I also notice you flaunt the 32 degree master mason, oooohhhh. Lightindarkness must annoy you because he's not on your level.

What?

I have no idea if Light is a 32nd or not actually, I never asked as I never deemed it important? If he is a Master Mason and I am a Master Mason we are both brothers and no one is higher then the other. Me being a 32nd degree means nothing to anyone but myself?

I feel no fear when I go to church because I know that I am saved and not obligated, that's something that the devil hates. And even the pastor is on the same level that I am on.

Me to mate. Me to.

That's cool, the difference is you're a Gnostic and I believe in my religion. We can still get a long maybe, or maybe not. Just remember, there is no more fear of persecution so there is no more need for secrecy. What do you mind if I ask is your faith?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Hey, did you find your ancient Gnosis yet? Just a friendly question......

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

So you really don't think that Jesus was God in the flesh?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Have you ever seen a Freemason going to church?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
To the above ^. Yes, in fact I'd say over 1/2 of my entire lodge goes to church. I go to church.

Damn. There goes that theory. Of course it doesn't actually matter if no freemason goes to church because - say it with me - its a fraternity. Absence of an action does not indicate evil.

--

I find it amusing that Rockpuck keeps spinning everything he says then accuses me of doing it. Asking for proof of outrageous claims is now spin. It's not going to work, the more you drag it out the more I'm going to call you out on making outrageous claims and then being mad that someone asked you for proof. I respect your opinion, not your continued insulting of me. Keep on doing it, and I will keep on replying.

I still await for you to show me how I'm a hardcore christian - which, by the way - why exactly does it matter? Remember, read the signature, just because you want to make it so doesn't mean it is. Stop spinning. You are correct, if you stop bashing me for a minute you'll find we agree on just about everything except our internal beliefs (which I'm OK with - what about you?), you just seem to be mad at christianity as a whole.

I am a 32nd degree but as Rockpuck points out, degrees do not matter. Master mason is the only thing that matters, so I feel no need to advertise degrees. It's just not a big deal - at all.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker

Many Masons go to Church, and they go to Synagogue and they go to where ever they worship.

In fact I know of several Masons who are actually pastors (baptist I believe but I could be wrong, never asked their denomination) at local Churches.

Why do you think that Masonry would ever inhibit someone from going to Church?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I want to say thank you. Christian bashers have done much to convert me and others to the religion. Your type demonstrates much in the way of irrational hatred and it illuminates that there MUST be something of substance in the religion since you hate it so much. Thanks!

IMO unless you are a Gnostic, Ebonite,Arian or one of the other heresies you are a paulite not a follower of R. Yehoshua, and thus do not
qualify as Christian. Oh BTW you are entirely welcome.

Or do you just believe that the Holy Bible is all just a lie? I must be "in the dark" then, right?

Not so much a lie but a fabrication yes.

Some however, like my self look at Christianity to be the method to which people like your self spread ignorant allegorical teachings and use it as a method of control, manipulation and fear.

then accuse others of being satanic without the slightest idea of what you are talking about.

It just so happens the vast majority are Christian

Rock, please excuse me, but in an attempt to clarify what I think you are trying to get at, let me rephrase this statement using a term
that is continously used when refering to Pagans.
It just so happens the vast majority are SELF-PROCLAIMED Christians

Just remember, there is no more fear of persecution so there is no more need for secrecy.

Perhaps you should look into some of your own fundievangelist leaders and what they have to say.

Yes . and attended with several in my younger days.

that Christianity as a religion is - mind control, full of zealots, a tool for control, uses fear to control, etc.

How about it, can we all say INQUISITION? How about Reservation boarding schools? there that covers both protestant and catholic.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by runningbeer

Well first your opinion of what constitutes a Christian doesn't really matter to me. Come back to me once you can write a thesis or two about JEPD theory.

You see, to prove that Christianity is a tool for any of the things I mention required you to actually go to the text and point out to me where the bible commands its leaders to do those things.

..but, gee, you won't find it.

The inquisition, crusades (see, you forgot one), and all the other typical examples Christian bashers like to use forgets one small, little important point: Those are the actions of men, and you will find them sanctioned no where in the bible. That men do horrible things in the name of their gods says nothing except men are human - and it is not exclusive to christianity either. Perhaps you'd like me to find some historical examples of the blood baths caused by people who are made up of EVERY major world religion? I could, and I could also do the same for every other global institution like political systems. It proves nothing, except men are innately drawn to power and will use every tool available to them to get it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join