It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Professor is a Freemason

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
He is making things up.

I am not making things up, but you don't have to believe me, I only answered the questions I was asked.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
reply to post by intrepid

No I use to belong to a society that used the same secrecy, and similiar rituals of the masons.

May I ask then, if you weren't a Mason how do you know that ANYTHING was similar? Seems like conjecture to me. Or transference.

I am NOT a Mason, petitoned, pledged or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
He is making things up.

I am not making things up, but you don't have to believe me, I only answered the questions I was asked.

What did you belong to?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

reply to post by intrepid

No I use to belong to a society that used the same secrecy, and similiar rituals of the masons.

May I ask then, if you weren't a Mason how do you know that ANYTHING was similar? Seems like conjecture to me. Or transference.

YEAH what he said! lol Trans um Trans trans yup...Although I kid I think your correct.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HizToyz
Is that the problem? Did they black ball you? Is that your heart ache?

No I walked out, I did not get black balled. I disagree with a system in secrecy where the elite pick who joins. I did not understand what I disagreed with till some time later, it took me awhile to develop opinions.

I don't have a heart ache, I just have issues with secrecy.

Dear God... common.

YOU WHERE NOT A MASON. Your a liar and thats about it, a rather shady and a pathetic liar, truly sad.

You where not a Mason.

And if you where, I would greatly appreciate you U2U'n me your Lodge information (which if your a Mason you know what I mean.)

As if you where a real Mason you would know there is no secret, and that it is ignorance hyped by the bible thumping fools of this world.

What part of my statement is incorrect, where is it ignorant, where did I refer to Christian beliefs, where did I claim to be perfect?

Your entire statement is incorrect. Your motive is the driving force of your own ignorance. Your well known to have a severe bias of fundamentalist Christian beliefs and have repeatedly claimed that "Masons worship Lucifer" .. Aigh, you where a Mason alright. A joke perhaps.

I had many reasons, it took years of thinking after I left to understand my objections. It felt wrong didn't know why, but I left on that feeling. Later I came to my best understanding of why I do not approve of some of there actions. But my disapproval is a personal opinion and I have no right to state that because we all have the right to their own opinion, and my objections include my personal belief system.

WE know, your personal beliefs in regards to Masons has been noted on this forum -- something along the lines of Jesus this, Jesus that, Satan this, Lucifer that.

Intrepid -- -He was not a Mason

But very breifly and do not consider any of my time in membership to be a bases for any knowledge or opinions I have.

He wishes he had the character. If he hadn't been called out I am sure he would have pulled a bill Schneeboly (sp)
Him, a Mason. I can tell from his speech.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It should also be added that a lot of average joes are Masons, too. One of the door greeters I work with at Wal-Mart is a Mason. My great-grandfather, who I'm pretty sure never finished high school and made barrels for a living was a Mason. I think Rockpuck could provide you with loads of other examples. See, Masonry is the great equalizer.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

He did not really mention how he knew him, just that he had the opportunity to meet him several times and have dinner with him. He speaks very highly of him and is very into space travel...He said his #1 dream would be to go into space one day.

As for the e-mail when I asked him...It wasn't an out of the blue question or anything, it was a question that was part of a further discussion ranging on a whole bunch of things including spirituality, where he referenced masonry.

I am a spiritual person who would like to expand my spirituality but am not quite sure how to do it. Hence my interest in the subject.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Guys, I have seen the good and bad in this instutution in several years! I would have to say that there are members that are not wealthy and some of them do more with there available time than money could ever buy! I do know people that run this country and just happend to be masons!They do come in at all levels of wealth, the instutution is designed to take a good man and make him better..So we hope.. To get back to the heart of the post, I think the teacher maybe a wise and humble brother who is obligated Not to"solicitate" the masonic direction. The petitioner must ask to join, they do say "To Be One You Must Ask One" that is how it works, the lodge will check you out and see if you are of good report and vote to see if you are worthy to be part. Good or Bad it is"Of your own free will". MM

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

I have to say you dont even realize, I built walmarts for many years Door Greaters to Venders, Contractors... On your word!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I could go through my personal experiances but it would just be my impressions based on perspective and has no real value except to be opinionated.

Well my beliefs have led me to do a transferance, but I believe it to be accurate.

Some of my comparisons come from reading the documentation at
www.sacred-texts.com...
But since I have no real way of knowing if those documents are credible I only site them as questions, then run into the credibility issue we discussed in other threads.

And I really try not to speak of my opinions on what it all means, I try and speak on the subject of secrecy, unless asked. But sometimes when asked things I end up walking down this direction.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

"Rock puck" I would have to question your level in masonary are you Master Mason or history buff???... I might be wrong but I sure would like you to give me a sign that you really are a mason and at what level??? you say MM your answer will tell me.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

YOU WHERE NOT A MASON. Your a liar and that's about it, a rather shady and a pathetic liar, truly sad.

I did not claim to be a mason, nor have I ever asked to be one, nor care to be one. I do not believe I lied, I consider a group of secret societies to be the same, they each have rituals, and operate in secrecy. I may have projected my beliefs, but

I also quickly acknowledge it was not Masons when you asked for clarification. But if you need to belittle me, that's fine.

As if you where a real Mason you would know there is no secret, and that it is ignorance hyped by the bible thumping fools of this world.

Well my views are not just ignorance they come from a couple books from masonary, coincidental they call Christians Ignorant just like most Masons that insult me do. The books come from
www.sacred-texts.com...
and are suppose to be masonic text, I do not know if they are credible, but they do match many things I hear here also.

Your entire statement is incorrect. Your motive is the driving force of your own ignorance. Your well known to have a severe bias of fundamentalist Christian beliefs and have repeatedly claimed that "Masons worship Lucifer" .. Aigh, you where a Mason alright. A joke perhaps.

I have opinions on Mason's form of worship, but they can worship who they want, I only state they should be open about what they do so people can decide what it is and not have to trust someone who lives in secrets. Or they should not claim it not to be anything. I have many good discussions on secrecy you can go back and read, they are the bulk of my posts on secret societies

I am not a mason as I stated above, I left after not agreeing with rituals. And it was a different secret order, note that because it was secret I had no idea I what the ritual would entail before going there.

WE know, your personal beliefs in regards to Masons has been noted on this forum -- something along the lines of Jesus this, Jesus that, Satan this, Lucifer that.

I believe you are being dishonest to sway the people just reading this thread, my post were on secrecy, only when asked, did I then answer and explain my beliefs as asked. And in one thread about why masons reputation gets a bad rap, where I discussed the religious angle.

If someone did want to worship Satan that would be there right under God's gift of free will. If you really were honestly replying to me you would be saying I spoke of secrecy.

You are being dishonorable in your inaccurate reflection of my motives and my past posts.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

"Rock Puck" No Mason would call anyone a bible thumping fool!!! It is part of the requirments to be a mason "No Athiest" must beleave in a God. You do not talk as if you respect a faith. If the world did not have any faith we would have already "destroyed" ourselfs. Talks of ignorance???Hmmm

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RACER X

I dunno...wasn't Voltaire a Mason? I'm of the understanding that Masons do tolerate religious criticism within their ranks as long as a person isn't an outright atheist.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

All religions are accepted over none.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RACER X

So where does one draw the line on what religious criticisms are acceptable to be made by Masons?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

When it might offend another persons faith, its in the obligations to be kind to all!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RACER X

"Rock puck" I would have to question your level in masonary are you Master Mason or history buff???... I might be wrong but I sure would like you to give me a sign that you really are a mason and at what level??? you say MM your answer will tell me.

Racer X, are you a mason? I doubt it, since there is just so much wrong with your request at so many levels...

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Saurus]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
See, Masonry is the great equalizer.

i thought death was the great equalizer?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I am try ME!! There is only so much you can say, so you might not get very far on open forum... Are YOU!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join