It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cancer from processed meats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
what can we eat now a days!

now i have to worrie about getting cancer from processed meats!

Bacon, Ham, and sausages!!!!

im telling you guys its all apart of the mans plan!!!!!

prisonplanet.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So no one has any opinon on this??? come on guys cancer from eating processed meats!!!!

its totally "the Man" trying to thin us out!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Life is full of dangers. I'm not gonna worry about what I eat.
I'm more worried about being hit by a drunk driver.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

ya, but you could just as easly eat that wrong meat!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's not a matter of eating the ''wrong'' meat.

It's a matter of eating the wrong meat excessively.

ANYTHING is poisonous / lethal....

In the right amount.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In terms of processed meats like cold cuts etc - these foods are designed to have a very long shelf life. I'm sure they use lots of chemicals to achieve this. Fresh is best I guess. My newest fear is GM(genetically modified) corn and other foods. This new corn is genetically engineered to produce its own pesticide and then we are expected to eat it. What's even scarier is they do not require it to be labeled in the US. It has been shown to have serious health risks Link It has been banned in many European countries. Chances are you already ate some today - especially considering the fact that corn syrup is everywhere and in almost everything in the US thanks to corn subsidies and tariffs on cane sugar. If anyone is interested in more about GM foods, I have started a new separate thread HERE
[edit on 1-11-2007 by CyberTruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you must eat meat, then just purchase organic meat.

I agree that it's horrible that they put cancer-causing chemicals in the meat but they also put cancer-causing chemicals in every processed food that you consume. If you want chemical-free food, buy organic... but be sure to check labels carefully because there are a lot of food companies jumping on the organic band-wagon and putting out foods that claim to be organic when they are not.

Mike Adams at Newstarget has lots of articles to help educate people on how to read labels and how to determine which items contain chemicals.

Newstarget

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

i will check that link, thank you!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
According to this, chemicals in processed meats can increase your risk of cancer by 67%: www.olgear.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Meat is bad for you in every aspect, except the small amount of formidable proteins it supplies. As other posters have stated, if you're going to eat any meat, make sure it's "organic." A lot of "organic" meat producers don't use hormones on the animals and don't keep the product fresh with unnatural chemicals. Now all you have to worry about is colon cancer.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Meat is bad for you in every aspect, except the small amount of formidable proteins it supplies. As other posters have stated, if you're going to eat any meat, make sure it's "organic." A lot of "organic" meat producers don't use hormones on the animals and don't keep the product fresh with unnatural chemicals. Now all you have to worry about is colon cancer.

Yes and actually you can get all the nutrients you need from fruits, vegetables and whole grains. No one needs meat in their diet to be healthy. Meat actually makes you unhealthy because you're eating 'dead' food. Fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains are 'live' food and give your body all of what it needs to you don't have to eat as much and helps eliminate cravings. There's so much to be said for being vegetarian and/or vegan.

I'm not quite there yet. I still eat a little meat but just chicken and occasionally pork chop (organic of course). But I eliminated red meat from my diet altogether. The last time I ate red meat, my stomach hurt for 2 days and I couldn't sleep. I decided that was my last red meat meal.

new topics

top topics

join