It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pats/Colts this weekend who you got?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What scares me is the validity behind the statement that Brady has never had a legitimate wide receiver to throw to. Everybody has had someone. Aikman-Irvin, Manning-Harrison, Montana-Rice, etc., were all strong tandems. Brady has never had that. Now that he does, maybe we're seeing his full potential?

Either way, these numbers are flat out scary.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

He's still going after it when he's up by 35 points? He's NOT going to allow his team to let up until they are hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

I dread that... :shk:
However, I agree with you... The two NFC teams that I deem most likely to meet them, either Dallas or Green Bay, probably aren't going to be able to beat them. I'd love to see my Cowboys beat them in the Super Bowl, but, if they even go, I don't think it'll happen. Although, Patrick Creighton may disagree with me on that one.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Yes, Chissler, the numbers are scary. I have never really seen a quarter back put up numbers like that, and I've been watching football since I was eight years old!! That is 22 years!!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I've been a Niners fan almost as long as you've been alive. I've seen some great teams. 10 NFC championship game in 16 years. In 84 the went 15-1. This Pats team is the best I've ever seen. A COMPLETE team. "Scary" is a good term, unless you're a Pat.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Bill is a mad-man right now, i have never seen a team play this good of football. I say the pats run a bit in the first quater, then Brady starts lighting it up all over the feild.

45-17 pats

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
BTW, I said Colts "minus 5", I meant take the Colts plus the 5.

Colts still win by double digits.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well whoever wins, i think it will be a high scoring game. Had to bench the indy defense this week in my fantasy league.

Im going to go with New England as the winner of this one. Its going to be a good game!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I cant think of one reason why the Pats will lose, maybe Manning.
Manning isnt going to be enough, the Pats are the most perfect team in the history of NFL, we are watching a very exciting part of history right now.
People will be talking about this for the next 50 years.
Brady and Moss have the eye of the tiger.

Pats 38 Colts 17

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey the Redskins dont have an Offense this year again, but thier D was ranked #1 in pass defense going into last weeks game and they got shelakkkked by the Brady bunch. NE right now is the cream of the crop and yes Manning has done the job thus far (undefeated) I dont see the Colts putting up much of a fight. I really think New England will roll yet again.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Hey Earth, Been awile hope all is good. I picked Brady and Moss from the time they signed Moss. i picked them both in all of my fantasy leagues as well as welker and im cleaning up. Its amazing how one player can make another player seem untouchable. Moss has added a weapon that made Brady that much better than he was. New England really never had a TOP 3 WR before Moss. I could see NE in the SB for the next few years again. But of course the key is injury. Brady or Moss go down and it hurts them considerably. No more Double teams and if its the QB well who is the back up in NE? LOL

Take care

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
BTW, I said Colts "minus 5", I meant take the Colts plus the 5.

Colts still win by double digits.

Peace

For real DR. You think the Colts have a snowballs future? Not being sarcastic. I do think Indy is a great team, Harrison should be back to open up some double teams for Manning but is he 100%? I just dont think the Indy Offense matches up with the NE D this week. NE has a premier CB in Ashanti Samuals abd thier LB's arnt to shabby either. i just dont Think the Colts can keep the pressure on Brady for 4. New England will out last them.

Take Care

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It should be a great game. NE is playing at an unprecedented level. Brady's numbers are just sick. BUT the combined record of their opponents overall is under .500 (by a wide margin - I think but no time to look it up).

Playing the undefeated defending champs in the Dome, which is insanely loud. The Colts have been more than happy to fly under the radar thus far and let the media focus on NE.

This Colts team is a much better team than last year on defense. But are they improved enough to slow down an offense that's having unprecedented success?

Okay, I'm a homer for sure, and I'll take the Colts and the points, but I don't think I'll need 'em.

I will say, IF the Pats get ahead, even if it's big, look for them to pour it on with everything they have. After that Colts comeback in last year's AFC championship game, NE will look to stand on a throat. I think Belichick would like to win this one 100-0. There's no love lost between Dungy & Belichick.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I heard a couple interesting stats on the radio from one of those betting experts. He stated the Colts have the number one pass defense in the league, and the Patriots are statistically the worst defense in the league inside the red zone. He also denigrated the records of the Patriots' prior opponents. He liked the Colts to win the game, and really liked the 5.5 points they were getting at home.

As I stated previously, I like the Colts in this one.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
He also denigrated the records of the Patriots' prior opponents.

Really, the only half assed challenge they've had was against my Cowboys... However, past opponents aside, I don't see New England losing to Indianapolis on Sunday.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by geemony

Hey, yea I took a break from ATS for a while, had to focus on my business for a little bit and fantasy football has taken over my free time also. Ive got three teams and wanted Brady, it just didnt work out. Did get Moss on one of my teams though. That team is 6-2 right now. Heck if you have Brady and Moss you must be undefeated! I just cant see the Pats losing unless someone blitzs Bradys knees, and that would be horrible.
They are a freak of a team.
Two of my teams won last week because of the OT touchdown from B. Favre to Jennings. I got Jennings on one team and Favre on another, that was very exciting and thats why I play. I love Football.....peace

[edit on 3-11-2007 by earth2]

[edit on 3-11-2007 by earth2]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I missed this earlier. It's an oft heard comment that Brady has always had to operate with a receiving corps comprised of fry cooks and fill-in DBs. Yet I can clearly recall Deion Branch being pretty good, and a fair number of sports writers saying Troy Brown was Mr. Clutch Mr. Everything Invaluable Captain Wonderful. No, he's never had a Randy Moss. And in terms of pure raw physical talent, neither has Manning. The Manning-Harrison combo is as much a result of an insane amount of work together and mutual respect and trust as it is anything else. Harrison is an awesome Hall of Famer, but I think the likelihood of Manning being great without Harrison is a greater than Harrison being great without Manning. Just my opinion.

I think Brady's a great QB. I think by the time it's all over, he may be arguably regarded as the best ever. But he hasn't done it alone. He's always had a pretty fair group of receivers, and a mighty fine O-line and a pretty good (or better) defense for support. In other words, he hasn't had to do the Marino lone gunslinger deal.

Brady and Manning are 1-2 with anyone else no better than a distant 3rd at this point. And Brady's definitely having a statistical season for the ages this year.

As a hardcore Colts fan, I should probably hate the Pats. But I can't. They're just too damn fun to watch and too good to not appreciate. Plus, as a football fan, I love games like this one and am just thankful my team's one of the ones involved.

We've suffered through seasons from mediocre to atrocious before we became one of the perrennial playoff teams, then plenty of years where we couldn't win the Big One. The Manning - Dungy Curse.

Well that's behind us now, and playing in the Dome in front of the loudest crowd in the NFL, undefeated and defending World Champions. I like our chances. A lot.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I would have to agree with ya on most of those points. Troy Brown was an amazing receiver but there hasn't been anybody that has come close to Moss for Brady to work with. It shouldn't be a surprise that they have played the way they have this year. Moss's time in pergatory with the Raiders had to painful for him, although I'm sure the the money helped ease the discomfort some. Brady deserves to mentioned in the same breathe as the other greats to play the position, Marino, Elway, Montana et all.

Saying that, I think today's game will be closer than some think, maybe Pats by a touchdown. 38-31 maybe 48-41.

It will be high scoring one way or the other, I'm sure we all agree on that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, I think the Colts showed what it would take to slow down that NE offense... If you don't have a t least four good pass rushers on your defensive line, then you're not going to even slow the offense down, of New England. The Colts have four good ones and came close to winning the game.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If anything, the Colts proved that they are beatable. They held in their longer than I expected. That one big pass to Moss in the fourth was the turning point of this one. Down by 10, a two possession game with less than ten minutes on the clock, looked like Indy has it locked up.

AFC championship at New England will be a showdown between these two again.

And is it just me, but looking at the Pats schedule, but do they not have a relatively easy schedule this year?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, the game pretty much played out the way I figured. New England wore their defense down... I have watched Dallas do it to teams for twenty something years, so the tactic looked familiar to me. Basically, the idea is that when you are playing a team that is close to your talent or maybe even a little more talented, you stay close and at the end, you either win or have a chance to win. That is basically what New england did.

As far as New England's schedule goes, I haven't looked at it, but I know they still have to play San Diego, who, if they play up to their potential could be a challenge. Of course, that's not to say that that San Diego will beat them. :shk:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join