It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pats/Colts this weekend who you got?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm biased, so I am wondering how everyone else feels this game will play out. Glad it is at Sunday at 4:15. No Sunday or Monday night game where not everyone can see the end. The game will be televised nationally unless you are one of the people that are lucky enough to get stuck with Oakland/Houston game.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'll take the Patriots. They are playing the best football I've seen since the Niners in the Walsh era. As good as Indy is, New England is just a bit better.

There I've jinxed 'em right and proper...

Go Colts.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You gotta have the pats here.
I say pats by at least 2 touchdowns in this one.
They are just way to explosive.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I go against conventional thinking and take the Colts here. The only thing the Pat's have focused on since the playoffs last year is beating the Colts in this game. I think they're going to over analyze it come out a little flat. The Colt's will be able to take advantage.

Of course that's just wishful thinking. I hate the Patriots so much...

...after all, I'm an Eagles fan.

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would love to see the Colts pull this one out in a close shootout.

But this is what my gut is telling me, and I hate it:

Pats by 30.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let me put this post in a democratic point of view.

In this corner we have the Patriots, undefeted, putting an offense on the field that the likes of the NFL has never seen. A head coach that is trying to prove a point to the entire league, that he does not need "tapes" to gain a competative edge. A quaterback that finally has the weapons to shatter all the records (and probably will). Unfortunately that same Q.B. has a huge bullseye across his back (keep it clean boys). Also the pats have the motivation going into sunday's game. Let's take a trip into the way back machine. Last year in the AFC championship the patriots were 55 seconds away from their 4th superbowl championship in 6 years ( let's be honest, the AFC championship game features the 2 best teams in the league). So that should be a big motivational tool for the New England Patriots.

And in this corner we have the Colts, undefeted, putting an offense on the field that is ranked 3rd in the NFL. A Marvin Harrison that is far from 100 percent (he will play, but he won't be a factor in the final score). A defense that at times seems to fall asleep at the wheel and give up big plays. Unfortunately I don't see the Colts having what it takes to beat the Pats.

Get ready folks, this will be by far the best game of the year, and most likely a preview of the AFC championship game. Also, Pats-Colts are starting to become one of the best rivalrys in football. Sunday should be a great game!

Pats 41 Colts 27

Edit: Poor Grammar

[edit on 11/1/2007 by eyes up]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I really don't like either team, but I just can't see anyone beating New England right now. Will they slip up and eventually lose a game? Most likely, but not this week.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Colts minus the 5 points (current spread). Take it to the bank.

Colts win by double digits.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Adam Vintieri with a kick as time runs out. Time for the Patriots to take one on the chin in the dome.

Colts 34
Pats 31

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
pats, i just cant see them losing.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm stumped on this one.

Brady is absolutely lighting it up this season, on a pace that Manning has not been able to reach. Moss is the top wide out in the league, and I'm not overly confident that the Colts are going to do much on defense that other teams failed to accomplish. Both offenses are deadly, but I would fear the Pats more.

As for defense, Indy never leaves me overly comfortable. But the Pats are not overly stingy themselves. I think they look better than they are because the Pats are putting up forty and fifty points a game. With a margin of victory like that, teams are quickly deflated and the offense loses a step or two. Which makes life easier on the New England defense.

I don't see a blow out, and I do see an offensive shoot out.

I'm rooting for the Colts, but I'm not confident.

We'll see.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

As for defense, Indy never leaves me overly comfortable. But the Pats are not overly stingy themselves. I think they look better than they are because the Pats are putting up forty and fifty points a game. With a margin of victory like that, teams are quickly deflated and the offense loses a step or two. Which makes life easier on the New England defense.

`

Well, just like the Bears have ALWAYS been known for their defense and never for their offense, the Patriots have ALWAYS been known for their offense and never for their defense.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The best offense is a good defense. And the best defense is a good offense.

The analyzers will analyze, but it all rests on the back of those wearing the jersey. I expect an excellent game either way.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is the regular season game of the year. The only thing i hope is that the officiating crew let's them play and not create rules like they've been doing all year. That said, 2 things. 1- Pats win. 2- Will the '72 Dolphins alumni crack their champagne this year?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'd be willing to go a little above and beyond that.

This is the biggest regular season game we have seen in a long time. I'll brainstorm and try to think of a recent game that may have been bigger. Nothing comes to me off the top of my head.

I'm looking forward to this as if it were a Sunday afternoon in early February.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Intrepid, honestly, I don't think New England will go undefeated regardless of what happens Sunday, although they might. If you remember right, a couple of years ago, Indianapolis went 11-0 and no one thought they'd be beat. They wound up losing three games that year. I think what will wind up happening is that the Patriots will wind up overlooking some shill team, and getting beat.

My prediction

New England: 14-2

[edit on 1-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
After the Colts though, who can actually beat them? (Injuries aside)

The year the Colts flirted with perfection, they did drop one that they shouldn't have. However, the games after the fact were played to prevent injury and to assure that they would make it to the playoffs healthy. So that year, I only consider one of their losses legit.

If the Pats get through this week, I think they are serious contenders to go perfect. And this coming from a fan to tries to avoid the hype at all costs.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

You have to go back to the mid- 1990s when Dallas and San Francisco used to have their meetings to recall a game that even came close to the magnitude of this game.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

If the Pats get through this week, I think they are serious contenders to go perfect. And this coming from a fan to tries to avoid the hype at all costs.

Well, Dallas couldn't do it and if Indianapolis can't do it, then I really don't know who is going to knock them off, Chissler. However, the odds are that somewhere down the line, they are going to overlook and underestimate some team, and get beat. That is just the odds. It may not happen, but if I were a gambling man, I'd bet the farm house that it does.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
However, the odds are that somewhere down the line, they are going to overlook and underestimate some team, and get beat. That is just the odds. It may not happen, but if I were a gambling man, I'd bet the farm house that it does.

Normally I'd agree with you, like a good dome team losing outside to a weak outside weather team. This is different though. You're not factoring in Bill(stomp on their throat) Belichick:

He's still going after it when he's up by 35 points? He's NOT going to allow his team to let up until they are hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join