It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl with Xray vision is real!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Who says this girl's x-ray vision is like that of the common machine itself?
It could be the early stages of a new human ability; a different type of vision.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

its like saying thats what she sees...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There was a story about her on local news here last night...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If this x-ray girl is real, we must be evolving. It kinda sounds like x-men, but why would we stop evolving now? untill teh human race dies out, we will always be changing. it is human nature to try and improve. within the next little while, i think there will be more discoveries sush as this. That is probobly why some people have psyhchic abilities. I was laying in bed one night, and i actually felt my grandfather die!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If you had x-ray vision, but closed your eyes, could you still see?

If you have x-ray vision, and you can see through anything, wouldnt you see through everything and actually see nothing?

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
may be she can see outside of the normal human spectrum like more in the infra-red or something. Or what about T-rays they work somewhat like x-rays may be it could be something like that

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The Sun article has been moved to the archives, it seems you have to pay to view this.

If it helps anyone, here is the link to the Pravda article:

english.pravda.ru...

I think it was posted in a thread before, but should save anyone having to hunt around!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If she's genuine then it's not X-Ray vision in the popular "superman" kind of way.

It's probably more like she senses rather than sees.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
If she has 'x-ray' vision she wouldnt be able to see tumors
it reflects off bone structure only

Xrays do not just show bones. You can use X-rays to see most tissues in the body. And that is with a normal plain film X-ray machine, you simply have to adjust the kVp and mA to what you need it to be.

If you want to get really sophisticated then a CT scan uses Xrays to render even 3D images of the structures in the body.

Oh and X-rays do not reflect off bones, they either pass through tissues or they are absorbed.

As for if this girl has X-ray vision, not likely.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i saw this girl on UK TV and it was amazing-

new super human????

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Aren�t X-rays ultra violent radiation that is why you wear protection when you get them so wouldn't this harm her eyesight or brain nerves getting bombarded with X-rays which are damaging.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23 ultra violent radiation

I dunno, I don't think they are any more violent than any other form of radiation. But they can cause physical harm. But as I am sure you meant they do have a smaller wavelength than visible light, as ultra violet light does.

The reason for the safety precautions with X-rays is because they are a form of ionizing radiation and they can cause mutations in cells and lead to cancer.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What? I have X-ray vision too! See when I put my hand in front of one eye I can see right through it!

(hopes no one thought he was serious)

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
the sun is just like the inquierer. they just make # up. i wonder if a few of there workers post on ATS. maybe this explains some of the really dumb posts

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
has anyone read "the wonderful story of henry sugar" by roald Dhal? u shud

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
I used to be a fan of X-ray vision but after my physics teacher debunked it for me, uh-uh...
You need an x-ray emitter and receiver for this to work... medically you use film/or plates to receive, and emitting requires certain materials or technology, etc..
the only way for her to have x-ray vision is to have some sort of receiver in her eyes, and her brain capable of processing and handling the data....

Sorry but No.
and sun isnt exactly a factual tabloid.

Actualy, X-ray vision is a wrong name for a phenomenon and ability that I believe can exist in human beings, since it already exists and has existed for a loong loooong time in other animals.

When someone is born able to see a wider light spectrum then the general population, preferably in the Infra red range, then he or she will be able to see the inside of a physical body, but in the way of seeing heat and heat "knots" inside the body, an anomilous heat knot in your body points to a spot where theres an infection and such.

Snakes among other creatures see in the IR range.

This story is total bogus imho though. The part "she went in a trance for several minutes ..." is the big tip for that. Super natural capabilities, like IR vision would be native abilities not requiring anything like a "trance".
You'd just do it.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It would be very easy to detect if someone can see outside the normal frequency range of humans. Sight works only in a certain frequency range, because the bond in retinal that is changed from trans to cis form can only be changed by a certain amount of energy. X-rays or infra-red simply won't affect retinal.

Someone that can see outside the normal range must have either a different chemical than retinal (maybe a slightly different version of retinal) or a pigment that converts infra-red or x-rays into visible light.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join