It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Professor uncover the 9/11 conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sorry, this post might start with short information in english to begin with. In norways biggest newspaper, the story goes that a norwegian professor of history has uncovered the secret society we've all heard about: Illuminati en.wikipedia.org...

He claims that they are behind events like the russian and the french revolution, the last two world wars, gloalisation and the Catholic Church .

Untill now, the story is in norwegian, and I'll try to translate some of it in my next posts.

www.dagbladet.no...

[edit on 1-11-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Be careful about making the article more than it is.... just read through it. It seems to be a book that talks about various teories and why people become attracted to theories rather than uncovering them.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

You are right, but it allso tells us that this guy has been studying the whole history of the major conspiracy theories and found a great deal of links. Never the less,I think this is more interesting when a professor of history does this kind of research other than reading what people think after seeing a film called "the Da Vinci code".

But i agree, the article doesnt talk that much about his book.
sorry about that ..

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That Wikipedia makes this point...

"Illuminati is a name that refers to several groups, both real and fictitious. "

People throughout history have have taken any and every 'secret' society and lumped them into one back "Illuminati" and tossed in the workings of the NWO and other 'shadow' governments into one pot...

So before we worry about an English translation... can we verify that this person is a Professor of History? Lets see some documents to back that up.

If your looking for someone that would fit the bill of "Illuminati" in the conspiratorial sense look up the Bilderberg Club

As to the NWO The Bush family and the Rockefellars have been involved in world events since 1918 and funded the Nazi's ... see who sits on America's thrown? No NWO just the Olde Worlde Ordyr doing 'business as usual.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This man is indeed a Professor of History. He's at the University in Oslo, here. This is in Norwegian, but in the first paragraph you can see his background; "Cand.philol. 1981 with intermediate subjects nordic and philosophy and major subject history. Dr. philos. 1988. Appointed in different scholarship- and research positions 1984-92. Project leader for "The development of a Norwegian national identity in the 1800s" 1993-97. Professor in modern history at the Historic Institute since 1996."

I won't bother translating the whole article right now (unless you want me to), but I can translate this;

Soerensen has this rule of thumb: The bigger the conspiracy theory, the lesser it's likely to be true. It's less likely that a secret society has world domination than that a limited number of people is behind a single attempt.

Further down, it says a little something about the true Illuminati, I can translate that and post it very soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ok, I've translated the part I was talking about.
There may be errors and such, as I'm not the best at it, so sorry about that. :p

"As for most myths, there's also a core of truth when it comes to Illuminatus. The secret society did actually exist.
The leader, Adam Weishaupt (1748-1830) established the society he called Illuminati in Bavaria 1776. Four students showed up at the first meeting.
Later, the society was blamed by conspiracy thinkers for starting the French Revolution - it was claimed that they had a wish to take over the whole of France and create a new world order.

Behind the rumors stood the counter-revolutionary writer Barruel, who saw his world come crashing down after the revolution. At the same time, a Professor in Philosophy named Robison was trying to explain how the revolution came to be. Independently from each other, they came to the conclusion that a big conspiracy was behind it. They then found their way to the revolutionary Adam Weishaupt, and placed him in the lead. After extensive writings on the phenomen, an Illuminati panic broke out.

They meant that Adam Weishaupt started the French Revolution through his networks. He was tied to thousands of obedient disciples, he infiltrated, and created hierarchies and lodges, according to the conspiracy thinkers.

In reality, it never went that far. Illuminati was originally a student's association. By the end of 1780, the society had 60 members. They were engaged in mystics, enlightenment and ancient traditions. Weishaupt recruited a number of members from the Masons, and made progress.

Aristocrats and intellectuals from all of Germany joined. They had branches in foreign countries, even in Denmark-Norway, where there were about 10 members. At its largest the society had approximately 2500 members.
The organisation was odd. It was kept a secret, organized in hierarchies, with the use of pseudonyms and symbols. In Weishaupts writings you can read about his aims for the ideal community, i.e. the "natural likeness" and "the golden age". He meant humans were incapable of ruling themselves, and that they had to be educated and enlightened. The means of reaching the community he wanted were secret societies, Illuminatus. An elite of enlightened were to spread freedom and likeness.

They were not able to keep it up very long. The movement fell apart in the 1780s, partially due to disputes on who was to be boss, partially due to ideological differences.
The movement and all its alleged branches does not exist today. The historical Illuminatus was something completely different from the imaginary secret society that has been kept alive to this day in conspiracy theories.

The deathblow came when Bavaria made any secret society illegal. The conservative government was provoked by the radical Illuminatus, who were adversaries to both inherited privileges and organized religion. Members could be sentenced to death. This was followed by mass resignments, and the remaining members were denounced by former members.

Weishaupt himself gave up and moved after getting fired from his job at the University.
In 1793 the society's activity ceased with the death of their last leader.

- Nothing suggests that operations went beyond a discussional stage, Soerensen writes in his book."

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by motvilje

Wow, thanks for the translation
I didn't have time to do it, and I just thought it would be a nice supplement to all the conspiracy theorist around here

Thanks again

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
By the way, the title of this thread should be changed.
The article isn't about 9/11, it is about the Illuminati, and 9/11 is just used as an example of all the things Illuminati has been blamed for. :p

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yes, probably.. I don't think I can change the topic now that its posted. We just have to live with it

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No problem, one should always help others, and especially when they don't know the language ;D
I could probably do the whole article, if that's of interest here. Just not right now, as I'm about to run out the door, but I could do it when I come home tonight.

top topics

join