It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interview with Fidel Castro (CIA, JFK and Cigars!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There was an interview with Fidel Castro in the UK newspaper 'The Guardian' very recently, I heard about it and managed to find it online.

sonsofmalcolm.blogspot.com...

In it he talks about CIA attempts on his life, the propaganda about him having Parkinsons, and more.

It's important to note that 'The Guardian' is seen as a fairly 'left' paper, so they're editing on this could be not quite as unbiased as we'd like.

I found it very interesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

This is an edited extract from My Life by Fidel Castro with Ignacio Ramonet, published by Allen Lane on November 1 at £25. © Ignacio Ramonet and Random House Mondadori, 2006, 2007. Translation © Andrew Hurley 2007. To order a copy for £23 with free UK p&p go to guardian.co.uk/bookshop or call 0870 836 0875

Either way, Fidel Castro is somebody who is fairly overlooked, and thought to be just another crazy old man rulling a country.

About 10 years ago I talked to a cuban guy who was something like "economist advisor" for cuban govt... There are so many lies been told about Cuba and it's regime\history, that one cannot honestly say he knows something about it, unless one actually goes to Cuba and see how\what it's about.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

quote:
"one cannot honestly say he knows something about it, unless one actually goes to Cuba and see how\what it's about."

A very good point, and I find it quite odd that some places actually ban their citizens from going there, or rather make it very difficult by requiring licenses (more than just usual travel visas or similar), and so on. Something that comes to mind is the investigation of Michael Moore for his visit to Cuba.

join