It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Foreign Legion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
American foreign legion's in a way do exist, as it has already been pointed out via BLACKWATER. personally blackwater has got to much coverage and is actually quite a small PMC. America's Foreign Legions are the Private military companies such as Blackwater, but not limited to just fighting, but also training, logistics and simple true blue advice. As for the officers, the "officers" could still well be American, but only exist at the top most level, those whom give out the contracts are in charge...and in that case.....America...and the american tax payer.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think it would be a waste of money to start an American foreign legion. If you are not a United States citizen, you can still join military. As long as you have a permit to work in the U.S. (i.e. a green card), you can enlist and it can help you obtain citizenship. In fact, if you are deployed to a combat zone like Iraq, a non citizen can get their citizenship. So creating a American foreign legion would seem to overlap and just be a waste.

I also want to say that I don't believe that private security companies like Blackwater are like an American foreign legion either. As shown here, Blackwater is mostly American citizens. I know that many ex-American military members join Blackwater after they are done with their contracts. You must already possess quite a bit of experience to join most private security firms, which is unlike the French Foreign Legion. I could go an join the French Foreign Legion right now as long as I was in good physical condition and could fly to France. However, I don't think it would be so easy to join Blackwater.

<< 1   >>

join