It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women think your trying to get laid if you call them beautiful.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It seems like women think your trying to get laid now a days, just by commenting to them, like hey your beautiful, wanna go out sometime?

They automatically think, he just want to get in my damn pants. Why is this? If I see a girl, and say god, she is beautiful, that doesn't mean Im going to try and have sex with her.

It's just something not really able for me to explain. Like by watching them and see how they act is when I decide to try and ask them out.

And what I mean by watching them is to see if they act sweet toward other people, and that is what gets me attracted to women.

If they are not only beautiful, but very sweet and kind, then I try and ask them out. But I guess,when you say hey your very beautiful, I'd like to get to know you, would you like to go out sometime, to them your really saying your hot I want to bang you. Is this the case to some people?

[edit on 31-10-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's because guys that are after only one thing say stuff like that.

Coming on too strong is a turn off. For me, that's crossing a line.

It also weirds me out when men I don't know ask for my phone number when I'm walking down the street.

Don't get me started on the dorks who yell "Wooooo" from passing cars. :shk:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Wow your like so beautiful and stuff. I'd really like to have an intelligent conversation with you *Thinking* While were naked and cover in whipped cream *Thinking*.

Dude be honest!!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Women get it. Women learn very early that whenever some guy comes up and tries to strike up a conversation, it's because he wants something.

It's just a question of whether he's direct about it ("hi beautiful" or "you look good") or indirect ("Umm.... Umm.... you know what time it is? Nice weather today.... umm.....")

In my experience women actually prefer the direct approach. They respect a man who knows what he wants and has the guts to go for it in a bold and powerful way. Guys who try the indirect approach are seen as shy, insecure, awkward etc.

Liking a woman and wanting to approach her because she looks good is NOT a bad thing. Women WANT to feel like they look good, that they are attractive. And they usually enjoy the attention and are flattered, even if they can't oblige a guy due to bf/husband obligations or whatnot.

MajorMalfunction does have a point about coming on TOO strong though. Flatter but don't overwhelm. And yeah, don't yell "WOOOOO!!" at them (unless she's grinding with her best friend on the dance floor).

[edit on 1-11-2007 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You can pay a compliment to a woman but what are your eyes doing and what is your tone of voice like?

Do you think women are that stupid? IF they write you off as a sleeze bucket then they are prolly right. It isn't just speech, it is your body language too.

Most men think with their little brain, the one that sits in their jocks. Sorry, but you may say one thing and your body language, eyes suggest another. Perhaps women see through the compliment?

When someone compliments me, I say thanks... thank you. I don't say, oh yes and your gorgeous too, I just take the compliment and fudge off on my way.

Women are not that stupid to fall for some glossy talk.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What you are doing when you do say something like this, it is telling her she is you are out of her leauge, and it also throws off the signal that you are insecure with yourself. Lesson: if the girl is hot she already knows it, she doesn't need you to tell her so. If you want to successfully ask her out you need to find a better way of approaching it, because women like to think they are the one choosing you.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

If you pay a woman a compliment, it shows you are insecure and she is out of your league?

Huh?

Insecure guys are usually too embarrassed to say anything about a woman's body or sexuality at all. "Umm.... uh.... nice weather today. Read any interesting books lately?"

That said, it doesn't mean you should go around telling women they're beautiful all the time. But in some situations a woman will be quite obviously fishing for physical attention. You know, she'll start making the sidelong glances at you, start fussing with her hair and doing the hair flips, twirls her foot at you, looks down at her cleavage and adjusts her bra, looks at you again, more hair flips etc....

Perfect time to smile at her, "Mmm you look nice."

IMO this doesn't show insecurity at all - rather it shows that you're paying attention! and have the confidence to act on her inviting signals.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
MajorMalfunction is right! If you read some dating books you'll notice that all of them say to refrain from giving visual compliments to early. It present you to be overagressive and to eager for something. The women will think that something will be sex, because many guys are interested in just that.

When you learn alittle more about women you will notice that they like to hear emotional stuff like how their voice is very unique or how impressive her outlook on life is.

Remeber that she wants romance, not to be told how beautiful she is. She hers that from every guy that steps infront of her. You can tell her that after she has gotten to know you a few dates later.

Say to yourself. "What can I do to be unique in getting to know this person?" Make yourself interesting and not like everyother clueless guy that says, "Hey, your prrrrrrretttttty!"

Doesn't matter how you say it. That comment gets interpreted the same way to women because they have heard it so many times in their life.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Insecure guys are usually too embarrassed to say anything about a woman's body or sexuality at all. "Umm.... uh.... nice weather today. Read any interesting books lately?"

This is insecurity as well, but what you are talking about is insecurity in another form as it shows a sense of false confidence. What it really says is ok he was brave enough to approach me but anytime I am seen talking to another man he will think I am going to cheat on him.

But in some situations a woman will be quite obviously fishing for physical attention. You know, she'll start making the sidelong glances at you, start fussing with her hair and doing the hair flips, twirls her foot at you, looks down at her cleavage and adjusts her bra, looks at you again, more hair flips etc....

Perfect time to smile at her, "Mmm you look nice."

One would think this to be true but it seldom works this way. She already knows you think she looks nice or you wouldn't have approached her. Also yes she is fishing for a response, but not that one. Odds are she wants you to move in closer and start having a little physical contact i.e. touching her hand or other such things, now I can tell you when this starts happening to me is when I take her up to the dance floor, and I am not afraid to say I am not the greatest dancer in the world but that is hardly the point. The point is you do not have to say anything nor should you.

[edit on 11/1/2007 by Jovi1]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
JCA, I have found that it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself when it comes to women, especially towards today's women. :shk: I suppose that is why I am single.
I generally don't talk to them at all.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ok guys thanks for the replies, I understand a little bit better now. Im not telling them they are beautiful hoping it will get me in bed with them but to just try to get to know them have a date.

Now I understand. I have the confidence to talk to them just not the right words.

So basically what if I just said, Hello, you seem like an interesting person, and I wanted to get to know you more, what's your name? And if she tells me her name, then ask would you like to get together and hangout sometime? Does this sound alright?

Lol, im trying here, atleast im doing that much.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If you know how to treat a woman and what to say you will never be alone again.

Most important thing to do is drop all the dating tip books and crap like that and do the only thing that actually matters. Be yourself and don't get discouraged. The only thing that matters is what you think of yourself. Other people in your life will come and go but the most important person is you.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
This thread is the furthest from the truth. If you know how to treat a woman and what to say you will never be alone again. As a Scorpio I should know.

Astral star signs have nothing to do with this. But that's off topic for now. So how is this thread furthest from the truth?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sorry I posted my thread without thinking... please reread the edit.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, the way I met my ex was that we became friends first, and then it just developed. It's better to know the person who you are interested in, before going into a relationship and then soon discovering that the only thing that you have in common is that you both like the colour blue.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If you want to know how to meet women and really impress them, learn how to dance well.

And I don't mean dancing by yourself and showing off, what I am talking about is partner dancing and knowing how to dance all the latin dances. Salsa, Merengue, Bacchata, Tango, Mambo, Cha-Cha. And some others like Swing dancing, Waltz, Country two-stepping, etc....

Be a strong lead on the dance floor and become a regular at the local partners dance scene you will have no problem connecting with the opposite sex.

I used to dance for fun and sometimes compete, but just dancing for fun freestyle is the way I met many wonderful women and dance partners worldwide. I don't know to many women that don't like to dance or if they don't then you can teach them to. Goodluck!

I used to think all that stuff was for fairies, but when I hit my mid to late 20's I became hip to the partner dance scene.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If the woman is beautiful, its probably because she gets complimented every day by horny men desperate to get into her pants, who for some bizzare reason think compliments alone will make her wild with lust.

Beautiful women are quite cynical as to men's intentions, with good reason.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not just the beautiful ones. We average women who hear some guy we've never laid eyes on before tell us "you're beautiful" are even more suspicious.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Bite your lip girl! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't put yourself down like that. I'm sure many guys truely think you are beautiful!

BTW. You're the first woman that I have seen use the term "Wife beater t-shirt" Is your husband using the same account here?

That happens alot on forums and really confuses people.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When men stop telling me I'm beautiful and I stop being attractive to them I will take up knitting and make sweaters.

I truely love being a woman and having men desire to be near me. It seems only natural to me.

When complemented I smile sweetly and say thank you.

My SO tells me I'm beautiful and that he loves me several times a day.

There are many things that can make a woman beautiful such as her poise, her confidence, her attitude and how she takes care of herself.

Dizzie

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join