It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the draft is getting closer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justicar

Originally posted by ilovepizza
I am 18 and there is no way in hell I would go into war. I would move to Canada.

Bad news for you, the Canadian Gov back in the 80's promised the US they would turn over dodgers if/when the issue ever came up again.

Link please..............................

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The draft isn't going to happen in the first place, but if it did you think they're gonna let you just waltz across border? HAHAHA not likely. And if your really that scared about being drafted you should enlist now, so you actaully get to pick your job and all. If your drafted, they'll pick for you.( INFANTRY) Take it from me. I'm a medic in Baghdad right now. And it truly ain't that bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, many troops in Iraq have been told they are coming home and haven't. They have stayed for months longer than promised. If the government really WANTS to they can keep you in the military as long as they want once you enlist.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
cyberpilot...as of right now there isnt any proof that any draft will be happening, speculation is all we have, we cant see into the future buddy.

The military is calling up a lot more troops however, and we are running short. Right now we have around 250,000 or more troops in the area, and estimates have gone up to about 500,000 troops needed to occupy the country...theres no guarantee a draft is coming, but it most likely is.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Bad news for you, the Canadian Gov back in the 80's promised the US they would turn over dodgers if/when the issue ever came up again.

I will do my best to locate it. It came up during that period when a number of my friends we discussing what they would do if the draft was reinstated back during the mid-80's.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by justicar

I will do my best to locate it. It came up during that period when a number of my friends we discussing what they would do if the draft was reinstated back during the mid-80's.

Thanks. The draft, in its previous form, would not apply to me. I am just interested as I had not heard this before.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Will just give the CIC a call when I am done here in the office and ask them.

Fair enough?

who

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I agree with Cyberpilot. It disgusts me that so many people live in this country and rape it of all it has to offer but as soon as your country looks to you for help, you want to run to canada. I enlisted on Dec 24 for the Army, I leave on March 11 and I cant wait to do my part. Maybe its because every male in my family going back 4 generations has served and its in my blood, who knows. The last thing i would ever do to disgrace my self and my family is run to Canada or some other country. If thats what you would do, then dont wait. Do it now.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
I agree with Cyberpilot. It disgusts me that so many people live in this country and rape it of all it has to offer but as soon as your country looks to you for help, you want to run to canada. I enlisted on Dec 24 for the Army, I leave on March 11 and I cant wait to do my part. Maybe its because every male in my family going back 4 generations has served and its in my blood, who knows. The last thing i would ever do to disgrace my self and my family is run to Canada or some other country. If thats what you would do, then dont wait. Do it now.

Your family is very well trained.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by who

It's fine if you want to join the army, more power to you.
But the side you are taking of taking someone's right thoring them to the side for a little bit and sending them off to a war that they proably do not support is just flat wrong. that is the point here.

As far as a free country part goes: if this country were as free and great as you army men call it then we would have a higher enlistment rate. People that see there rights fiminish right before their eyes ussaly have little will to fight for the same country doin it.

who

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Spittincobra- you are very right, 3 cousins are airborne rangers, one is SF. I hope to follow in their foot steps. My brother is a sniper, dont know where he is. Very well trained indeed.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by who]

who

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
BlackJackal- I love the link in your sig, I hate to copy but is it cool with you if I use the same? U2U me if its ok. Thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
samfashow, do you have a clue what you are saying??...you say "if this country is as great and free as we army men say then we would probably have a higher enlistment rate"

This great country is one where our military is ALL, 100%
VOLUNTEERS...personally I hope we dont have a draft because then you'll have an army that has less committed soldiers, draftees arent as likely to put their heart in it so to speak. The men and women of our armed forces is a group of selfless,generous and upright
people (yes ma, there are exceptions)...I'm proud to have served with most of them.

That said, look at the policies of MOST countries where military service is MANDATORY.

You cannot defend people, without putting someones ash on the line...some you seem to think you are too good, or smart, or important to serve?....News Flash those that feel that way arent worth one drop of a heros blood.
IMHO

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
One good example in case anyone doesn't remember is VIETNAM. People were saying this same # during vietnam, be a patriot, serve your country, blah blah blah....many people died or were injured, and most of the rest came back emotionally scarred for life to find out that the whole war was for nothing and we basically just sent people off to get killed.

And during vietnam where so many americans died, our fearless leader Bush had a nice cushy job thanks to his father serving in the Texas Air National Guard, where he didnt even show up for duty and instead helped campaign in florida.

If this same man who was so easy to dodge the draft is going to reinstate a draft and send off other people, what does that mean?

I believe only one member of congress has a child in the military...anyone with a little government power can get their children nice little jobs with the govt while poor kids are drafted off to be gunned down, just like its been done in the past

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join