It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA UFO STS-120 External Fuel Tank

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Alright. I've watched the video a few times now:

There's a whole flurry of objects breaking off the fuel tank (frozen particles), they're tiny in comparison. Since the fuel tank is moving pretty fast they're only there for 1-3 frames before they're completely gone (behind) the tank. Those aren't really interesting, that happens all the time. If you watch the shuttle launch(s) all the way up to the part where they break off from the fuel tank, you'll see the same particles.

I only found one thing extremely "odd" and that was the half snowflake spinning steadily. It holds true: In every STS video there's always something interesting to be seen. The only thing I wasn't able to witness was the frequenting UFO that's in all of the UV range videos they take. This wasn't in that visual range though, I don't think.

Oh well, cool video, nice find! Flagged.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would like to echo what another poster wrote in their call that we need to have video FROM THE SOURCE (NASA) not LiveLeak or YouTube. And if the "snowflake" doesn't appear in that video, the first person to say "airbrushed out" gets punched right in the face!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think it is a giant snowflake as they are often symetrical like this and its very cold ins oapace

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

www.nasa.gov...

Those videos are taken from the live feed that's offered by NASA. They also have video galleries for special/specific events that they themselves record and offer on their site.

There are hundreds of people always watching and out of those hundreds there are usually a few folks recording with FRAPS.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Anyone else sick of being kept in the dark about the UFO's? 70 frigging years of cover ups...

Well funny you should mention that!!!!

Seems we are about to be on the forefront of a new discovery phase...

I gotta tell you... John and I have been predicting that stuff will come out soon...

Well here it is.... [from other post in moon thread]

Spread the word ATS needs to be on the cutting edge of this story

Gotta interrupt the proceedings....

Seems NASA is up to something and Congress had to step in on one part of this breaking news

Well it looks like the 'crap' is about to hit the fan....

I have started a new thread on this but we all need to watch the developments unfolding... this is going to be BIG
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Congress is already involved and the stories have already hit main stream media over the last week...

NASA Scientist Ken Johnston fired...
Was ordered to destroy Apollo and othe Moon images...

He refused...
And is going public!!!!

“I have nothing to lose. I have quarreled with NASA and I got fired,” Ken Johnston said.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007
U.S. scientists unveil NASA’s secrets about cities on the Moon and microbes on Mars
english.pravda.ru...

Oct. 25, 2007
NASA Dismisses Former Apollo Photo and Data Manager from JPL Educational Program Missing Apollo Data to be Shown at National Press Conference
www.sys-con.com...

22 Oct 2007
Possible Connection Between Next Space Shuttle Discovery Mission and Classified NASA Findings
www.earthtimes.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreb13
Are the liveleak video and the slowed down google video from the same mission?

No liveleak is STS 120 and the google slow motion is STS 115

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Cool finding.. looks like a bunch of aliens skydiving together.. maybe stratodiving. new form of aliensports.
flagged

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I would like to echo what another poster wrote in their call that we need to have video FROM THE SOURCE (NASA) not LiveLeak or YouTube. And if the "snowflake" doesn't appear in that video, the first person to say "airbrushed out" gets punched right in the face!

LOL Grasping at straws I see...

Those ARE NASA films... just reposted on Youtube... but I suppose its easier to make wise cracks then actually take the time to look for yourself...

Edit to add... oops I see someone already supplied you with the NASA link...

To Anomic of Nihilis

EXCELLENT
I had not seen this one before... I really would love to log the skeptics reports on how this object slows and revereses course...

If there ever was a smoking gun.... THIS IS IT

Great find I will go back and star and flag both those threads

This is now my new favorite NASA UFO video (well next to the tether incident
)

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilis

Originally posted by jainatorres
I think it is a giant snowflake as they are often symetrical like this and its very cold in space

Interesting theory... perhaps you could tell us how snowflakes form in space?

[edit on 1-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Did anyone notice how the nasa commentator lady paused breifly when she saw the object and then went on with her script as if nothing was happening?

Kind of reminds me of the crystaline entity from Star Trek:TNG.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There are several things falling with the tank, thats for sure.

My guess would be ice or foam from the SRB falling with the tank for the smaller items in the video

And iced over electrical connectors / liguid fuel hoses that come off the orbiter during main tank seperation and they tangled up.

Cool video!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If anyone could provide a nice one frame ''clear'' shot of the object (because I can't be arsed to download it and go frame by frame lol) You'll have to do with this.

I've added some comments of my own on how the 3d object looks compared to the ''video'' object.
img103.imageshack.us...

Make sure to click once if it's not 100% magnified (i'm not hotlinking it on this forum due to it's size, HD resolution lol)

[edit on 1/11/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

I got these using "print screen" and paint...I'm at work and its the best i can do.

snowflake object 1

snowflake object 2

there is also a stem of some sort that enters the frame at 2:38 and the camera pans away. Its kind of hard to see in this screen cap, its easier to see in the video.

stem object

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hmm.. Guess there's not that much I missed.
(If you don't count the comments I put in the picture)
img103.imageshack.us...

Anyway, it seems that the stem-like object (you're talking about the object that the camera pans away from?) seems to have some kind of white thing attached to it, or it's spraying something white.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not quite as pretty as the others, but here's another. If you keep the volume turned up, the 'commentator' says it's ice crystals in this one. Strange how he doesn't say it's a reflection!

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Irma]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That would be cool if they were alien craft. It is just reflections on the window. Sorry to inform you of the banality of your existance.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dreb13

Let me ge this? People think that is a UFO? oh wait I guess it is. Unknown Falling Object (UFO) should add a C to it. UFOC Unknown Falling Object or Crap.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Not quite as pretty as the others, but here's another. If you keep the volume turned up, the 'commentator' says it's ice crystals in this one. Strange how he doesn't say it's a reflection!

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Irma]

Hmm.. It's less solid compared to the other (It's falling with seperate pieces), and more thick (the one in this topic really looks like a construction of rods, rather than sheets)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't think that's a UFO, rather some fuel residue from the tank that got frozen or something. Nothing spectacular there IMO.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok how did they gets such a good close up of it? Thats definitely not the same object as before as far as I'm concerned. If it was it would still be falling away from the shuttle which would be even farther away than in the first shot making it even harder to zoom in on it correct?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Great post! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. So much going on in that video. I'm interested in "HAARP Clouds" mentioned on LiveLeak-
"As a bonus,
notice how the cameraman pans away at around 120s
to avoid filming the ongoing paticalization [sic] operation. However, the scalar HAARP clouds are clearly evident during the zoom out at 144s."

The camera man does seem to abruptly and knowingly pan away from the scene. Interesting stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join