It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling your Virginity, Ancient Prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
According to sages in ancient India, in the cycle of ages we are now living in the tail end of Kali Yuga. Meaning literally the age of iron, Kali Yuga was an age that the ancients expected to be characterised by confusion, ignorance and fear. Below are some extracts from the Sanskrit text the Linga Purana. They were written thousands of years ago and refer to things that seemed frightening and improbable to the ancients. Unfortunately they are all too familiar today and some predictions that seemed far fetched only a few years ago are now coming true: scroll down to �Young girls will do trade in their virginity�. Like they say: may you live in interesting times...

Thieves will become kings, and kings will be the thieves.

Rulers will confiscate property and use it badly.

They will cease to protect the people.

Base men who have gained a certain amount of learning (without having the virtues necessary for its use) will be esteemed as sages.

There will be many displaced persons, wandering from one country to another.

Predatory animals will be more violent.

Foetuses will be killed in the wombs of their mothers.

People will prefer to choose false ideas.

No one will be able to trust anyone else.

People will be envious.

There will be many children born whose life expectancy is no more than 16 years.

People suffering from hunger and fear will take refuge in "underground shelters."

Young girls will do trade in their virginity.
By coincidence the BBC reports today that: 'A university student is planning to pay for her degree course by selling her virginity on the internet. Rosie Reid, 18, from London, decided to auction her virginity on the auction site eBay in order to avoid graduating with huge debts. The Bristol University social policy student says she would rather sleep with a stranger than face years of comparative poverty'. It has been reported that she has been inundated with offers, some of more the ten thousands pounds.
news.bbc.co.uk...

The god of clouds will be inconsistent in the distribution of the rains.
Shopkeepers will run dishonest businesses.

There will be many beggars and unemployed people.

Everyone will use hard and vulgar language.

Men will devote themselves to earning money; the richest will hold power.

The state leaders will no longer protect the people but, through taxes, will appropriate all wealth.

Water will be lacking.

Pre-cooked food will be readily available!"

The source of this information is a book entitled: While the Gods Play: Shiva Oracles and Predictions on the Cycles of History and the Destiny of Mankind, by Alain Danielou; Inner Traditions International Ltd., paperback, 1985.

Courtesy Susan Ferguson

---------------------------------------------------------------

Link to the info

It struck me as interesting, that this recent bit of news has coincided with these "predictions". Coincidence? Well the predictions did mention microwave dinners
Maybe...

Any opinions on this?

Here's the news about the girl selling herself on ebay

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Cheap tv dinners horrify me. I think all of those things exist today in society, so whether or not the sages were trying to be accurate they were indeed, but I have never known Hindusim to be prophetic.

Water is definitely lacking here in the west, I think the Colorado River doesn't even reach the ocean anymore since all of the diversion. But not much effort on the part of authorities and citizen has been made to conserve, except in Tuscon maybe. But not much in Phoenix.

So, uh, I was wondering what sort of age begins after Kali Yuga.

I wonder if anyone would bid for your soul if you put it up on ebay.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Good article lilblam!,
there are fairly accurate descriptions from those extracts regarding todays current society.

I watched the interview on Richard and Judy (channel 4,Uk) with the girl selling her virginity on ebay.
When asked if her parents approve of what she's doing Rosie stated her parents are completely happy for her to do so, and when asked the obvious "what if a woman bids!" type of question, Rosie replied she would accept bids from either gender.
I did think it was all quite strange but rather funny at the same time seeing as (not trying to be biased) the girl in question was really pale looking, had unkempt looking frizzy ginger hair, and overall was really quite unattractive,
plus the fact that prostitution is still illegal in the Uk
and here is a (ugly) 18 year old girl on daytime television illegally selling herself , with no reactions or actions from any legal authorities whatsoever! .
something else i was thinking, how is anyone ever gonna know if shes a virgin or not anyhow?

what age follows the age of iron?
cuz boy i hope it is one of enlightenment!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So if i bought her virginity just to have it but didn't have sex with her, and then she eventually met a guy and fell in love and got married and lost her virginity for real, could i press charges?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
So if i bought her virginity just to have it but didn't have sex with her, and then she eventually met a guy and fell in love and got married and lost her virginity for real, could i press charges?

I don't think this is possible, as I read somewhere last week that she was a lesbian (not that it matters, her body, her virginity, etc...). I will see if I can find that link and post it to this thread.

However, this does seem a little ironic. Don't you think?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If she feels that she can live with herself by taking the easy way out then let her.

That turkey that postd in the paper that government should do something about it is another prime example
of people thinking that government should be parenting the people.

This girl has her own free will, and by the sounds of it she's desperate to be debt free so she can academically achieve more then what she is.

You know what... Let her.

goes to show that "some" guys will pay top dollars just to get their dick wet by some virgin university student.

Prostitution is sales... Sales is the oldest form of money making out there...

If she wants to sell her ass, let her...

People do worse things then that.

What about pedophiles that have sex with infants??

That raises more of a concern in my mind, then a college student selling her virginity for money.

At least she's old enough.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
How ugly did you say she was?

As for the rest most if not all could be found in almost ANY age. I mean when has there NOT been wars, corrupt leaders, droughts, etc?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
cool find indeed!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
If she feels that she can live with herself by taking the easy way out then let her.

That turkey that postd in the paper that government should do something about it is another prime example

This girl has her own free will, and by the sounds of it she's desperate to be debt free so she can academically achieve more then what she is.

goes to show that "some" guys will pay top dollars just to get their dick wet by some virgin university student.

That raises more of a concern in my mind, then a college student selling her virginity for money.

Truelies there are no turkeys at this discussion board to my knowledge!
i never said ANYONE should do ANYTHING about it, I merely pointed out that prostitution/soliciting/living off of immoral earnings is ILLEGAL IN THE UK, i actually have no qualms about prostitution, even fact i think it would help reduce the numbers rapes and sexual assaults. BUT it is incredibly sarcastic when a teenager (i'm sorry but no 18year old is a fully grown adult) is soliciting herself on national tv at half past 5 in the afternoon.
I have two stepdaughters who were watching that program, and there is no way i would want them to think to themselves "when i grow up i'm gonna sell my virginity on Ebay, yeah that'll sort out my debts"
need i say anymore?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycosrus

Originally posted by TrueLies

Truelies there are no turkeys at this discussion board to my knowledge!
i never said ANYONE should do ANYTHING about it, I merely pointed out that prostitution/soliciting/living off of immoral earnings is ILLEGAL IN THE UK

He was referring to the article, not the message board.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Im still a virgin, Any one wanna bid on me

Deep

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Im still a virgin, Any one wanna bid on me

Deep

And I'm an anal probe virgin. Is there a cosmic ebay I could check out?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem
So, uh, I was wondering what sort of age begins after Kali Yuga.

There is nothing after the end of Kali Yuga, basically humanity ends.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
They were written thousands of years ago and refer to things that seemed frightening and improbable to the ancients.

Not really. They were things that they thought were troubling AT THOSE TIMES.

It shows that human civilization hasn't changed much.

Thieves will become kings, and kings will be the thieves.
Rulers will confiscate property and use it badly.
They will cease to protect the people.

Throughout the ages. Just read history... some really really really bad rulers out there in ALL societies.

Base men who have gained a certain amount of learning (without having the virtues necessary for its use) will be esteemed as sages.

Ditto, ditto, ditto. For an amusing time, read about the number of charlatains and false messiahs throughout history. There's bazillions of them, untutored, leading children's crusades and other marches, and everyone toddling after them.

There will be many displaced persons, wandering from one country to another.

American Indians, the gypsies, any ancient civilization after a great war or during a great drought or other climate change...

Predatory animals will be more violent.

And the evidence for this is...? The writer needs to read some of the books by the Great White Hunters (Frank S. Buck, Ernest Hemmingway, and whover wrote 'The Ghost and The Darkness') to see what superpredators were like in previous times. Heck, even the "Born Free" books go into this... and that was just modern times. In more ancient times, when there were more of them and fewer of us, you could say there was more violence.

And let's not forget the Dire Wolves and other things from the ice age.

Foetuses will be killed in the wombs of their mothers.

Do a little geneological and cultural research here. Look in the graveyards at how many stillbirths there were in the past (lots) and realize that every miscarriage is another one of those. Read up on accounts of how babies were disposed of in earlier times (and yes, miscarriage inducing herbs.)

People will prefer to choose false ideas.
No one will be able to trust anyone else.
There's still a lot of trust around, you know.
People will be envious.

And this is new how?

There will be many children born whose life expectancy is no more than 16 years.

Go look at the older graveyards....

People suffering from hunger and fear will take refuge in "underground shelters."

Caves as refuges aren't new. They're common in many cultures.

Young girls will do trade in their virginity.

Let's see... I think they need to define 'young girls' here. In that society, 9 (yes, nine years old) was the legal age to marry... in the old Israeli laws it says that the legal age of marriage to a virgin is 3 years and 1 day (I was surprised. I looked this one up. It's true.))

The sad fact is that young girls have ALWAYS been pawns in marriage and sex games and their virginity was traded (by their parents (usually father)) for power, wealth, and other things -- when they weren't killed for being useless.

Throughout the ages, there have ALWAYS been children for sale at brothels. Our age is unusual in that there's worldwide movements in various cultures to end the concept of children as sexual partners for adults.

I'm sure it looks just like it's describing modern times, but the truth is that history is full of more hair-raising examples.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Kali Yuga? Is this the one and same as krishna's 10th avatar Kalki, who is to appear in the ends times with a flaming sword?

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Kali Yuga? Is this the one and same as krishna's 10th avatar Kalki, who is to appear in the ends times with a flaming sword?

Deep

Well I don't know about that, but "the Flaming Sword" is central in Hebrew and biblical tradition. It was Arch Michael who made it way back. It is believed that it is infact a referance to the Ark of Covenant or electricity, or even guns......

But what do you know, perhaps this Kali Yuga is a Skywalker Jedi or something

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Hamilton]

new topics

top topics

join