It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone watch Phenomena tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Criss Angel called out one of the contestants and offered 1 million to anyone who could guess what the envelope in his coat contains. With him on the show, I'm sure there's a lot more arguing to come.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I saw that. I mean it was kind of odd. Isn't the whole basis of magic based on fooling the crowd into believing what they're seeing is genuine? Does he feel channeling the dead, in particular, is disrespectful or something and had to call the guy out?

...and can we take this to be an (indirect) admittance by Criss that supernatural powers don't exist, and what he [Criss] does is just an act meant for show? ...or basically what we all already knew but some refuse to accept?

[edit on 1-11-2007 by TerminallyOdd]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

I watched the show also. I think what Chris did was a good thing. He believes in entertaining people, but not going so far as to give them false hope that people can speak to people whom have died. He was calling the bluff, so to speak. If the guy hadnt claimed to actually be able to talk to the dead then chris wouldn't have called him out.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TerminallyOdd

Those 'Channeling the Dead' guys are the lowest of the low. I don't even group them with the mentalists. They actively try to get vulnerable people to believe they are really doing it.

They should all be put out of business. However, I have to admit - people go to them, probably knowing they are phoney; it's nuts.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You know, I don't have a problem with channelers, but the way he did it seemed very fake. I've never heard of shaking violently to the point of a seizure during a channeling.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerminallyOdd
I saw that. I mean it was kind of odd. Isn't the whole basis of magic based on fooling the crowd into believing what they're seeing is genuine? Does he feel channeling the dead, in particular, is disrespectful or something and had to call the guy out?

...and can we take this to be an (indirect) admittance by Criss that supernatural powers don't exist, and what he [Criss] does is just an act meant for show? ...or basically what we all already knew but some refuse to accept?

Criss wishes to be exactly like Houdini. Houdini did the same exact thing, exposed frauds and didn't believe in psychic phenomena. I think they do this because they have to do this, because if people were to find out psychic phenomena was real, Criss would be out of business. Psychic phenomena is much more interesting than illusions, is it not?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If anyone has seen any of the paranormal Criss Angel episodes, you may see right at the end he states "Do you believe in ghosts "wink", I don't." Meaning that Criss Angel is a very big sceptic of the paranormal, he in his own right is a debunk artist, he aslo shows many times how he does his tricks. So to answer your question Criss Angel seems not to belive in the supernatural at all, and I think he's a great addition to that show. Route out these wannabe Physics.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Terminallyodd,
You said that Criss Angel, was trying to prove that, psychics are not real. But, maybe he was just trying to prove that, that guy is not for real. Like, i mean, if psychics are real, that doesn't mean everyone who claims to be a psychic is real.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Earth_Entity]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earth_Entity
Terminallyodd,
You said that Criss Angel, was trying to prove that, psychics are not real. But, maybe he was just trying to prove that, that guy is not for real. Like, i mean, if psychics are real, that doesn't mean everyone who claims to be a psychic is real.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Earth_Entity]

As I said before Criss Angel has openly stated that he is a skeptic of anything supernatural. He believes that psychics just use more perception then anything super natural there for debunking them immediately. He also debunks many magicians and has a very natural belief in life, he doesn't believe in psychics or ghosts or anything of the supernatural.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
As I said before Criss Angel has openly stated that he is a skeptic of anything supernatural. He believes that psychics just use more perception then anything super natural there for debunking them immediately. He also debunks many magicians and has a very natural belief in life, he doesn't believe in psychics or ghosts or anything of the supernatural.

Except a supernatural God that created the universe in 7 days....

A little hypocritical to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hahaha how right you are, belief in god but none in the supernatural. I never said he wasn't ignorant.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Criss and Uri both said they want to see something they've never seen before, but almost all of the acts were all things I've seen before, and most are pretty easily explained, but they still got good reviews from criss and uri.

The only thing I thought was really cool was from the guy that got eliminated, I'll try to find it...
here we go

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Criss and Uri both said they want to see something they've never seen before, but almost all of the acts were all things I've seen before, and most are pretty easily explained, but they still got good reviews from criss and uri.

The only thing I thought was really cool was from the guy that got eliminated, I'll try to find it...

Yes! I was really impressed by that. How the heck does he do it?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Those 'Channeling the Dead' guys are the lowest of the low. I don't even group them with the mentalists. They actively try to get vulnerable people to believe they are really doing it.

They should all be put out of business. However, I have to admit - people go to them, probably knowing they are phoney; it's nuts.

Every thread has people who talk out of ignorance. Just because some or most of those who claim to be able to access the dead are frauds doesn't mean they all are. There have been some put under tests. There was a one hour documentary putting one of them through a test with five different people in a row. The only info the channeler was given was the first name of the person he was working with. He came up with specific info fast and straight to the point without being vague and modifying his responses to those he was reading, since they weren't allowed to say anything but yes or no anyway. Some university professor IIRC, wrote a book on one of the ones I considered to be a weaker channeler, where he put the guy through double blind tests and everything. The author originally skeptical became a believer putting the guy through a battery of tests. And I could on, but the point is you know nothing about the subject.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

he said he teaches it on his website. anyone know what the address is?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Criss Angel says he's not a believer in psychic phenomenon. This shows he's ignorant of everything from many police cases where psychics were used and they provided details for police to solve crimes that otherwise would have gone unsolved, even in one case a psychic coming right out with the first and last name of the murderer. There are also dogs that display psychic ability, where no matter where their owners are out in the city, the moment the dog's owner decides to come home, no matter how many miles away, the dog simultaneously gets up and waits by the front door. One of these dogs was put through the same test dozens of times, and was accurate every time. So Criss Angel is a liar when it comes to that. In fact it seems as the years go by people become more stupid when it comes to knowledge of anything beyond their own sheltered lives. Mankind is just getting dumber, it's just that simple.

But what's particularly odd is that he's sitting next to Uri Geller who passed a number of blind tests at the Stanford Research Institute in California way back in the 70's. Now Uri has always been suspicious, he's been caught cheating, he performs magic tricks, and he wasn't really able to bend spoons in plane sight of a camera the way he could on stage. But he did pass the tests that required some psychic ability it would seem. So I wonder what Uri would have to say to Criss Angel or if Criss is totally ignorant of Uri's past. Below is a link to just one part of the series of Uri under testing at SRI.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze

he said he teaches it on his website. anyone know what the address is?

www.mentalizer.com...

I think you have to pay.

top topics

join