It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney is Darth Vader, says Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Cheney is Darth Vader, says Bush

www.news.com.au

US President George W. Bush joked today that Vice President Dick Cheney, sometimes caricatured as Darth Vader, did not need a costume to play the sinister Star Wars villain for Halloween
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Although said as a joke, it got me wondering. Do Bush and Cheney see themselves as supreme rulers of the world as we know it. And if so, how does this affect the average joe.

We all know that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutley. It seems to me that this is what they are working towards on a daily basis. We have all seen the threads lately speculating on having Bush in power for another term( or longer as some theories have it). I believe this scenario is getting more and more likely.

CT

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31/10/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
And that would make Bush the evil Emperor, there just sitting around waiting to unleash the all powerful death star.

Ron Paul is Luke Skywalker, and hopefully he will save us all from the evil empire.

Happy Halloween peoples!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't find this to be the least bit funny.

As far as I'm concerned, Dick Cheney is a war criminal. He is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqi's, for no purpose other than to increase the value of his Halliburton stock and ensure that oil money continues to flow into the pockets of his buddies. This guy was the CEO of halliburton, need I say more?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I agree that its not funny at all.

Those two are evil and they get off on being hated. Hate is an emotion, although negative, its still got them in the front lines and the entire planet does nothing but speak of them. That makes them happy

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

No, and I agree with you, the shame to joke about others in a way that would liken themselves to evil villains of sci-fi flicks is a shame. But also, I would recommend to you remembering that some people are very tired, and so fed up with a political system that has been defunct for what can seem as decades, and they have to laugh, because otherwise they would cry.

It will be remembered as another "Bushism" which seems to be what they are considered these days when a leader makes a mistake, and people choose for what ever reason to give it zero meaning, and pass over it. However, it does no one good to compare a leader of the "free world" to someone that had all of his intentions of good set aside to choose a darker path. :shk:

*Edit - Decades for years, and I can't type.

[edit on 10/31/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

It will be remembered as another "Bushism" which seems to be what they are considered these days when a leader makes a mistake, and people choose for what ever reason to give it zero meaning, and pass over it. However, it does no one good to compare a leader of the "free world" to someone that had all of his intentions of good set aside to choose a darker path.

This is what I am getting at. It is not appropriate for Bush and Cheney to be joking about something like what is represented in the Star Wars movies, when they are in the unique position of being able to bring it off. But it is laughed off as a joke.

Perhaps one day we will look back on this thread, just after saying our morning prayer for Emperor Bush, and think, "Dammit, that wasnt funny."

CT

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Wow you take every word seriously then. Perhaps people shouldn't have referred to Cheney so often as Darth Vader in the first place. People can't even poke fun at themselves without a vitrol response.

I will be willing to bet you that come the end of January 2009 we will have a new President. How much is the wager?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

These our the leaders of our country, and yes, I expect what comes out of their mouths, especially on something dealing with such a subject to be truth, or the closest thing they can get near to the truth. I admit such a thing as truth is lacking these past 70 years.

Saying we want gynecologists to share their love with women is a Bushism. Saying our second highest leader is akin to Darth Vader, an anti-democracy villain is inappropriate.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Wow you take every word seriously then

No. I know it was supposedly a joke. But the substance of the joke is the issue here. I'll say it again. It is inappropriate for the leaders of the free world to be joking about something like this.

I will be willing to bet you that come the end of January 2009 we will have a new President. How much is the wager?

Your freedom.

Are those stakes high enough for you?

CT

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
In a strange and twisted world, maybe George thinks there's a conspiracy.

Or yeah, he's just an idiot...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

These our the leaders of our country, and yes, I expect what comes out of their mouths, especially on something dealing with such a subject to be truth, or the closest thing they can get near to the truth.

You are missing the point. Can not the President or VP make fun of themselves when comments are directed towards them? It wasn't as if he said it at the State of the Union address. I just think you need to lighten up a little. So people can mock them, but they cannot mock themselves, is that how it goes?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
I'll say it again. It is inappropriate for the leaders of the free world to be joking about something like this.

Just for the record then, was Hillary Clinton's or Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va) "Darth Vader" comments inappropirate as well? If the President and VP can't make comments like that, other political leaders should not be able to as well.

And as for the bet, I was hoping for something like a case of beer.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think it was probably just a PR move. Joke around a bit, have a little bit of fun with political humor and Halloween to reach out to the public. I'm not really a fan of Bush, but common people joke about inappropriate things all the time that they could do (ex. "I'm gonna kill my boss if I don't get that raise".), so I'm not too particuarly worried about one little joke. Tell me when Cheney gets a red light saber and starts choking people without touching them, then we can panic.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Rather funny how you all hate the man that much. Bush knows what people say about Cheney and so he joked about it, so what. Bush likes to joke and has done so many times in the past get over it, or maybe get a life away from the Bush haters club. In 2009 you all will need to form a need club though...just think of all that free time you will have.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I just love the Letterman 'great speaches of former Presidents'. Clipped with an 'adeeb adeeb, that's all folks' from the Bushter. He is dumber that dumb. Period.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Cheney is no Darth Vader; Vader was redeemable.

With regards to joke Bush made...laugh it up chuckles, see you in the Hague.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Man... Lighten up!!! Its Haloween! Thats funny That Bush made fun of his evil ally.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think it is very telling that these shadowy, secretive, and manipulative leaders would liken themselves to such dark and villainous characters such as Darth Vader who was a slave to the evil and dark forces of the universe. Ha Ha so not very funny when the lives of so many innocent people are injured, slain, and destroyed in the name of their world corporate domination. These treasonous leaders seem aptly aware that less and less people are fooled by their empty and deceptive war-mongering rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I found it pretty funny. Politics shouldn't be taken that seriously.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join